Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 3 Apr 2001, 05:01 (Ref:76862)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

It is time to give a call to a few drivers who are performing way above expectations:

Kevin Harvick-is tenth in the points but did not participate in the Daytona 500. He is just 88 points out of fifth place. Even if he would have received last place points for Daytona, he would currently be 7th in the standings as a rookie. Great job!

Bobby Hamilton-is seventh in the standings in the #55 Andy Petree Chevrolet Monte Carlo. This is way above where I thought he would be in the standings.

Elliott Sadler-anybody who gives Wood Brothers their first win since....I can't remember, is doing a great job but to be 8th in that equipment is fantastic.

Johnny Benson-third in the points and this guy was without a sponsor at the beginning of last year? Johnny has done a great job and is consistently finishing in the top 10.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 06:57 (Ref:76872)   #2
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me, the award deafenitely goes to Kevin Harvick, wow!.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 17:19 (Ref:76974)   #3
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with the above and I'd add Todd Bodine (consistently at the front), Dave Blaney (from nowhere last year to competitor in several events), perhaps Sterling Marlin (more consistently competitive at all tracks). Steve Park might merit a nod as he definitely was competitive last year but has stepped up a notch to contending with the likes of DJ and Gordon (not Robby )for wins almost every weekend.

The reverse is obviously the Gibbs and Roush teams, which partially explains why there have been more of a change at the top of the standings. We'll see if Busch's run at Texas helps turn that team around.

Last edited by John B; 3 Apr 2001 at 17:20.
Old 4 Apr 2001, 11:23 (Ref:77221)   #4
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to agree on Harvick.
He has some very large shoes to fill and is doing an incredible job...
Old 6 Apr 2001, 23:16 (Ref:78275)   #5
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would agree with the names mentioned above. Even Kurt Busch appears to be getting a handle on things, as well.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 02:54 (Ref:78533)   #6
dei3fan
Rookie

United States
Stockbridge Ga.
dei3fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Who could disagree with the choice of Kevin Harvick? WOW!
he has shown week after week he can get the job done. I was at atlanta on the start finish line for the finish of that race. When he took jarrett and those guys three wide for the lead and then held off Gordon for the win,that was some of THE best driving I've ever seen. He is certainly a great choice to drive the goodwrench chevy. I can't disagree with the other choices either but I also have to say, Jeff Gordon is BACK folks. He may well win his fourth championship this year. his team has jelled and make no mistake (i'm not a fan of his either) he will have to be dealt with every week.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 03:18 (Ref:78538)   #7
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes well there is no way that I can disagree with those who voted for Harvick. I mean winning just your third WC race is simply unheard of.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 10:19 (Ref:78597)   #8
robert2000
Racer

England
Cambridge, UK
robert2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I agree with Harvick as well. He's done an incredible job.