Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of the Australian Grand Prix for you?
Rosberg 9 7.14%
Ricciardo 11 8.73%
Magnussen 65 51.59%
Button 3 2.38%
Alonso 0 0%
Bottas 32 25.40%
Hulkenberg 1 0.79%
Raikkonen 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
Kvyat 3 2.38%
Perez 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Gutierrez 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Grosjean 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Ericsson 0 0%
Vettel 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
Kobayashi 2 1.59%
Webber 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Mar 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3380369)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Australian Grand Prix

Who is the driver of the race for you?
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3380389)   #2
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not one, but a few, Kevin, Kvyat(19 yr old top 10 finish) Bots great drive after smacking the wall

Last edited by fomoco; 16 Mar 2014 at 08:06. Reason: spell checker lol lol
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:08 (Ref:3380390)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You missed one...

go Potsie!

I would have said Mr Bottas got loads out of his Williams! More to come (hopefully!)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3380391)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ricciardo was great but Magnussen was grand.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:12 (Ref:3380393)   #5
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if it's not Bottas, I demand a recount of the votes
Old 16 Mar 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3380804)   #6
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
if it's not Bottas, I demand a recount of the votes
Bouncing off the wall did kind of ruin his score ever so slightly!

Or are you including entertainment value?
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3380395)   #7
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hard to really know how fast each car is this early with so many teams nursing them plus the reliability issues, and how much each driver got out of his.
So I'll go with Bottas for his aggressive approach, even with the mistake he made I enjoyed every minute of his driving today.

Have to mention Magnussen too, way to start his F1 career.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3380398)   #8
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definately Bottas and his Deltawing'ish show.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:15 (Ref:3380396)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would say Ricciardo or Rosberg, but Magnussen shades it because it was his debut.

Really, a vast proportion of the top ten could stake a claim. Lots of great drives.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3380401)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some great drives. I'm particularly impressed by some of the new guys. Kevin Magnussen and Daniil Kvyat looked so well prepared for it.

Bottas drove an excellent race too besides that mistake that turned out costly. It seems he would have been well within the mix of the final top three had that not happened.

Ricciardo was a quick and safe pair of hands at the wheel of the Red Bull and Rosberg delivered the ultimate prize and had a fine start.

It's between Magnussen and Kvyat for me and Kevin ultimately takes it because, even though he started a long way ahead of his, the team-mate he beat is a World Champion.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3380417)   #11
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver of the Race - Magnussen: He was superb on his debut.

Other Mentions:

Nico Rosberg - Cant not mention the winner. Fast car but done well to get it to the finish.

Daniel Ricciardo - Another fine drive and is suggesting Red Bull will be there for the season.

Jenson Button - Did a good job. 12th at one point to 4th a solid points finish.

Vergne & Kyvat - A fine double points finish for Toro Rosso.

Chilton - 20 finishes in a row, a great effort and today done well do keep it going.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:39 (Ref:3380418)   #12
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt about it, Bottas!!

If it wasn't for the split rim, pit stop, and coming out second last, I think he would have given Nico a good run for his money.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 09:07 (Ref:3380432)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Magnussen - superb debut!
Old 16 Mar 2014, 09:24 (Ref:3380439)   #14
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Magnussen, only reason not Ricciardo was it was Magnesussen maiden race!
But close call with Ricciardo, well, well done with making sure that extremely green, under-tested Red Bull came home in second, unbelievable.
Bottas put it in the wall, but apart from that great drive.
Rosberg of course for geting in front at the start keeping his head and holding it for a win.
Vergne & Kyvat for finishing in the points.
Button & Alonso I thought under performed, but Alonso who is normally a real racer didn't seem to me to push it, problems???
Old 16 Mar 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3380449)   #15
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I voted Rosberg
Kvyat was brilliant in an STR, Bottas and Ricciardo are my drivers in Fantasy GP but I expected them to do well and am pleased for them. Magnussen wasn't a complete surprise as I expected him to do well, and not surprised he beat Button, but he is VERY good. So far.
I gave it to Britney because I picked him as the winner and he delivered.... His start was brilliant and he was faultless...just like his fellow podium guys. They're all good.
Alonso and Raikonnen... Test drive. Car isn't quite there and they just wanted to finish... I will be interested to see if we get a lot of 'measured' race driving for the season - just aiming to finish and playing the percentages.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3380484)   #16
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kevin Magnussen.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3380506)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kev.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 15:44 (Ref:3380600)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Bottas for me, he must have overtaken more cars in one race than some teams did in the whole of 2013
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3380609)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Rosberg. Honorable mention to magnussen. I have to disqualify Ricciardo since its not clear whether he had a unfair advantage.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3380613)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Close for me between Bottas and Magnussen. Both were mighty, but Kevin's debut podium takes it for me - Bottas would surely have been there but for that error. Great performances of course by Ricciardo and Rosberg too. So refreshing to have some new names up there for consideration.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3380615)   #21
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I had a tough time deciding between Magnussen and Bottas. I went with Bottas, but it was 50/50 for me.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:21 (Ref:3380618)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rosberg.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3380619)   #23
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very difficult to decide between Magnussen and Bottas. I gave it to Bottas on the grounds of feistiness and entertainment!
Old 16 Mar 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3380634)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
In order for me:
Kevin 'Jan' Magnussen!
Bottas proved all he needed was a half decent car.
Hulk for keeping Alonso back for so long.
Vee-at for a head down charge.
Britney for such a polished win.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3380649)   #25
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm - tough to pick out who was DOTOR. I'll go through them :-

Bottas - Impressive drive. Mixed aggression with some good overtakes - like a proper old school Williams driver should(e.g. Alan Jones, Mansell,Villeneuve) - but he did hit the wall and have a rather costly mistake.

Riccardio - Impressive drive at a new team and in front of his home crowd. However - he might have had an unfair advantage.

Button - Solid drive up from the back of the field. Perhaps could have been a bit more aggressive.

Magnusson - Superb drive from a rookie.

Kvyat - Another top rookie drive. Plus, he is now the youngest ever points scorer.

Alonso - A solid performance from a car with electrical problems and not as fast as the front runners. Pretty strong from him. Proves that he can outperform the car.

Kimi - Well, he had a so-so race. A points finish - but far too messy over the whole weekend really. Even allowing for the electrical problem with his car in the race.

Hulk - Some good racing from him.

Rosberg - Yes, he probably had the best car - but he made the best start and seemed to just be in charge after he was in the lead. Just a consummate performance from start to finish.

I think that on balance - I'm going to give it to Vettel, because he's German and he only made it to lap 5!

Joking aside - I'll give it to Rosberg.