Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Jun 2000, 20:56 (Ref:19228)   #1
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which championship is the best?

BTCC: It has good Racing but a lack of grids

ETCC: It has to much Italian input but aresonable variaty and good grids though.

STCC: From what I hear a very exciting championship but a bit dominated by the audi's

DTC: The German equal of the NSC but with a VERY big grid and Lots of different cars.

ASTC: The australian championship is quite good and is very versatile but all in all I don't know alot about it.

DTCC: The championship of my home country, The dutch touring car championship is lacking grids which are made up of Clio v6's, Mitshubishi carismas, Megane's, Honda's and The overly dominant BMW's
Old 24 Jun 2000, 22:57 (Ref:19251)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have to say the BTCC. I dont think that is one current standards, but it would have the power to bounce back from the current low it is in....
Old 24 Jun 2000, 23:51 (Ref:19278)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im biased but without a doubt V8 supercar
but i guess you thought i would say that....as for super touring..Ive only seen Oz and Brittish..and brittish is far better than ours..i like the DTM but have never seen it but the cars look great.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 23:52 (Ref:19279)   #4
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Geva, that depends on what is your definition of "best"? If you're talking about high grid counts, I think the STCC is the largest at the moment.
If you're talking about Works or semi-works particpation, possibly the STCC or ESTC?

best=most competitive or fair/equal racing? Then, perhaps the ESTC, STCC or even the ASTC could qualify?
Old 25 Jun 2000, 13:27 (Ref:19365)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afriad the ASTC dosen't fall into the fair racing category this year. The only question we have to ask ourselves before evey meeting is how many times will Paul Morris in his BMW lap the rest of the field this weekend ?
Old 25 Jun 2000, 22:02 (Ref:19452)   #6
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Buckshot, offhand, I was guessing that there was maybe 2 or 3 groups of cars in the ASTC? Paul Morris is a competitive group all by himself. Then you got the 406s/Hills/Auger in the second group and then you have the rest of the people? But each individual group is fairly competitive within themselves? Is that a good guess? I'm still waiting to watch the ASTC on our local racing channel.