Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Jun 2000, 02:08 (Ref:20118)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guess who stayed up until 2am watching ASTC, BTCC and DTM??

Nothing like prime time touring cars!!!

What did we get from that?

1. Paul Morris aught to be taught (sorry about the rhyme) with pedal is the ACCELERATOR!! In rarc 1 when he let henderson past he was taking the biggest breathes ever under the bridge, bryan byrt turn and the kink...all flat out corners...it was a joke, i could sit here pointing out more of them, but i wouldn't be doing much else today...

2. Don't the BTCC cars look chunky?? I love it. I dont if they just look chunky because the STs we have back here are last centuries models...do the new model road cars look so chunky?

Morrisons roll...that's why you dont drive small cars!!

Thompsons off...did the camerman survive?

The crowd, how massive was it?

3. DTM -looks like a lot of fun, much like nimble V8 Superars, probably with about as much over taking...
Old 29 Jun 2000, 03:51 (Ref:20136)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
what did I learn from it...its a complete joke...just look at race 2 when Morris got a flat and then came back to win ...why the heck did they let him by so easy ??...sure he is miles quicker than them but it was for race positions i sure as hell would have blocked like a man possesed..just sheer silliness by the drivers ..defense boys defense.

DTM looks great doesnt it

also say that commodore cup crash you spoke of in your pics crash..boy oh boy that was a good piece of driving by geoff parker.

Alan gurr...he is gonna be quite a good driver in coming years given a bit more experience .

BTCC...no thanks complete joke..dont like it and dont think i will bother for the rest of the year.

your an idiot eh crash...nah..i decided to watch formula atlantic from montreal after the tourers that i had taped earlier in the night..
Old 29 Jun 2000, 07:24 (Ref:20182)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash Test...

Thompsons off?? Is that the one at Dingle Dell, Brands Hatch.. If so, I was marshalling there. The camera men were just about ok, when I got there, we couldn't find them - but discovered them under about a tonne of tyres. Both rather shaken and one had a big cut in his head - but very lucky to get away from it..

BTCC - rubbish....
Old 29 Jun 2000, 11:17 (Ref:20205)   #4
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dan's absolutely right, BTCC, utter rubish. I hope the new rules will make it better, though I'm not convinced. Why oh why couldn't we have adopted DTM rules for the UK.
Old 29 Jun 2000, 11:51 (Ref:20210)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame the ASTC isn't providing better racing at the moment. Channel 7 although they have given it the worst timeslot have put together a nice looking show this year - oh yeah, and how Yummy is Melinda Price ?

But surely the dominance of Morris must have the other guys all wondering why they bother to rock up. What's he gonna do for the next round, stop, get out of the car, take a leak, read the paper and then come back to win it by half a lap again ?

I'm glad they showed some German DTM. A friend of mine in Germany has taped the first two full rounds for me and will be sending it to me soon

I have only been worshipping this great religion we call motorsport for two years or so now and had never seen racing at Lakeside before. It's a great looking circuit (even though it looks a bit tatty) and can't wait to see the V8 Lites there soon.

Cheers Buck.
Old 30 Jun 2000, 01:19 (Ref:20387)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"oh yeah, and how Yummy is Melinda Price ?"
-Ask Falcadore, i think he got some pics

"(even though it looks a bit tatty)"
-It looks a lot better when it is filled with people, say for a club meeting