Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 11 Jun 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2226300)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
ALMS - Lime Rock 2008 Race Thread.

Entry list is up, I'll have this updated to include the ALMS Hub with access to T&S, Radio LM, News and Spotters Guide on all a single page.

http://www.americanlemans.com/Events...try%20List.pdf
Old 12 Jun 2008, 01:03 (Ref:2226565)   #2
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good stuff so far:
* Two Audis, no announced drivers though.
* GT1 Aston Martin back?
* Black Swan Ford GT-R for Tim Pappas and Anthony Lazzaro on Falken Tires.

Some bads or at least unconfirmed:
* No Van der Steur?
* I thought Cytosport was supposed to be returning, or is that Mid-Ohio?
* No more LG Corvette?
Old 12 Jun 2008, 02:01 (Ref:2226582)   #3
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the Cytosport return was a mid-Ohio. I'm also very disappointed not to see LG on the grid. I know they were having funding problems and I hope Lou gets it sorted out. I really think that car has a lot of potential.

On a positive note, there are still over 30 cars for a non-endurance race. I can't remember the last time that happened.
Old 12 Jun 2008, 04:16 (Ref:2226601)   #4
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is a thread showing the status of the repaving and reprofiling. They only have 4 weeks to finish but it looks like they've made a lot of progress. There were already a lot of changes I noticed at the Grand-Am GT race I attended. There is a new entrance cut in to the woods adjacent to West Bend which is both very natural and dramatic, and the downhill bridge has been raised. I really like the look of the new West Bend. Hopefully they'll build a spectator berm on the outside of the corner. It turns out that the only new sections that the ALMS will run will be from the uphill on. It looks like the proposed chicane in the esses won't be used nor be built in time judging from the pictures. Can't wait for July 11th-12th!

http://www.teamjuicyracing.com/forum...ead.php?t=2798
Old 15 Jun 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2229746)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So with all of the proposed changes, excluding those that won't be ready for the ALMS race, is there a track map for the layout that the ALMS will be actually running on?

L.P.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 00:34 (Ref:2229782)   #6
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
I don't believe so. I'd love to see one though.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 18:53 (Ref:2230295)   #7
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
There are 40 pictures on the Lime Rock website with captions showing progress of the construction. I must say that I like the look of the new uphill (#36-38). It looks like a reverse corkscrew.

http://www.limerock.com/content/gallery-photos
Old 19 Jun 2008, 05:22 (Ref:2232362)   #8
bil588
Veteran

United States
bil588 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is great to see Anthony Lazzaro back in ALMS (he won in 2004 with Risi's 360 GTC with Pirellis), a new tire manufacturer in ALMS (now 6), Bell Motorsports back in GT1, and Tim Pappas back in ALMS with a new team (or same people from Team Trans Sport Racing?).

Perhaps LG will be back in ALMS with the new FIA/ACO rules.

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=1436
Old 19 Jun 2008, 14:56 (Ref:2232689)   #9
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Healthier looking field for sure but I still can't get as excited about ALMS when half the field is made up by GT2...

Looking forward to seeing the new LRP though!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 15:06 (Ref:2232695)   #10
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Mid Ohio should be relatively healthier, with 3 more LMP1 cars (Cytosport, 2nd Intersport, Autocon), but now GT2 is so oversubscribed it seems that GT2 can run their own separate race, especially at LRP. Heck, there are more cars in ALMS GT2 than Le Mans or the LMS. Wish I could say the same about the other classes. Anyway, I can't wait to go and see some of the newer corners.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 15:24 (Ref:2232707)   #11
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bil588

Perhaps LG will be back in ALMS with the new FIA/ACO rules.

http://www.fiagt.com/newsitem.php?key=1436
Do not really know what this has to do with anything. LG would be back in the ALMS as soon as someone gives them a cheque to equal the one that Doug Peterson just walked away with. I thought he was underwhelming in the cockpit but it'd be better to have them there than nothing at all.

Shame that Eric Curran can't convince Sonny Whelan to back him in the LG car for the ALMS. Curran's a good pilot. That or have Riley raise enough money to put his factory pilot, Marc Goossens, in the car in lieu of the factory entry he would like but can't afford.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2232738)   #12
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82
Mid Ohio should be relatively healthier, with 3 more LMP1 cars (Cytosport, 2nd Intersport, Autocon), but now GT2 is so oversubscribed it seems that GT2 can run their own separate race, especially at LRP. Heck, there are more cars in ALMS GT2 than Le Mans or the LMS. Wish I could say the same about the other classes. Anyway, I can't wait to go and see some of the newer corners.
We should (hopefully) see ECO make their debut also at Mid Ohio.

L.P.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2232744)   #13
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Breath not being held.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2232745)   #14
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Do not really know what this has to do with anything. LG would be back in the ALMS as soon as someone gives them a cheque to equal the one that Doug Peterson just walked away with. I thought he was underwhelming in the cockpit but it'd be better to have them there than nothing at all.

Shame that Eric Curran can't convince Sonny Whelan to back him in the LG car for the ALMS. Curran's a good pilot. That or have Riley raise enough money to put his factory pilot, Marc Goossens, in the car in lieu of the factory entry he would like but can't afford.
Maybe an amalgam would work, with Riley joining with Lou to finish running the car for the season w/ Goossens in the car and if there is any conflicting races for him with the DP program Eric could fill the seat and maybe bring Whelan along as a per ride sponsor?? Hoping for anything though!!

L.P.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2232751)   #15
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Breath not being held.
Simon as of just prior to running at Le Mans ( Group C support race) said that it was still a go for Mid Ohio.

L.P.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:29 (Ref:2232754)   #16
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
OK, I know that Simon has been putting his business first and I was not sure how long that would last. I agree with you on the amalgam idea, but I think that it's more likely (sadly) that nothing will happen. A pity since I think the Riley Vette is a good chassis that would fly with 2 pros and a set of Michelin boots.

Anyone know whether Corsa was successful in their bid to get development Dunlops of the same construction as Virgo's for the 2nd half of the ALMS? I think Pruitt was trying to drum that up at La Sarthe and given how strong the Virgo car is proving to be against the top GT teams in the world, it would be nice to see those tyres in the ALMS.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:49 (Ref:2232777)   #17
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
OK, I know that Simon has been putting his business first and I was not sure how long that would last. I agree with you on the amalgam idea, but I think that it's more likely (sadly) that nothing will happen. A pity since I think the Riley Vette is a good chassis that would fly with 2 pros and a set of Michelin boots.

Anyone know whether Corsa was successful in their bid to get development Dunlops of the same construction as Virgo's for the 2nd half of the ALMS? I think Pruitt was trying to drum that up at La Sarthe and given how strong the Virgo car is proving to be against the top GT teams in the world, it would be nice to see those tyres in the ALMS.
Ya, with Lou and Eric in the car, which is not even complete (mule), it showed good pace at SLC on the Dunlops. A little more work and it might really give the sharp end a worry! ???

Hope they get the track all ready by race weekend. That asphalt is going to be mighty green!!

L.P.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 18:30 (Ref:2232836)   #18
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
The ashpalt is being laid as we speak. Final layer to go down Saturday. Does anybody know how long Mid Ohio waited until they used the track after their recent repave?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 18:31 (Ref:2232837)   #19
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone got an idea on who'll be in the #1 Audi yet?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 18:43 (Ref:2232843)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I suspect NcNish will be one of the drivers ..... possibily Capello too ?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2232847)   #21
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
Anyone got an idea on who'll be in the #1 Audi yet?
It is supposedly going to be Rinaldo Capello and Allan McNish.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 20:09 (Ref:2232925)   #22
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
cthib10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am trying to find any information about the new Ford GT-R entered under Black Swan Racing does anyone know where I can find get any information? I wonder if they will have any more luck than Robertson Racing has had so far?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 20:28 (Ref:2232938)   #23
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is Tim Pappas' new team. I'm not sure how much has been carried over from Team Trans Sport Racing.

They should be better than Robertson, but their new Falken tires may ruin any advantage they may have.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2232957)   #24
cthib10
Racer

United States
Florida
cthib10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Real competition now seems to be in GT2 so it would be nice to see the Ford GT get up there and challenge the Ferrari's and Porsche's or have one of the Corvette's drop down from GT1 to have a nice competition of manufactures!
Old 19 Jun 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2233024)   #25
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthib10
The Real competition now seems to be in GT2 so it would be nice to see the Ford GT get up there and challenge the Ferrari's and Porsche's or have one of the Corvette's drop down from GT1 to have a nice competition of manufactures!
Neither will happen any time soon.