Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2001, 19:30 (Ref:130904)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Murray Walker...

Although I am English,I have never heard a Murray Walker race broadcast...Can someone tell me where on the net I can go to hear some sound bites Pleasssssssse!

Regards...Jeremy
Old 15 Aug 2001, 20:09 (Ref:130928)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your missing out. My favourite one is.....

"..and he is coming into the pits. Its time to stop my startwatch"

http://www.worldmotorsport.com/murray/index.php

http://www.farzadsf1gallery.com/f1_sounds.html
Old 15 Aug 2001, 21:56 (Ref:130995)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Thank you..hakkiman!
Old 15 Aug 2001, 23:51 (Ref:131017)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try my site at http://cfm.globalf1.net

Click Sounds in the left of the screen for heaps of historical Murray sound clips, dating back to the 1950's.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 07:14 (Ref:131128)   #5
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott,
thankyou very much, this is excellent. Thanks for sharing these fantastic samples, you're an absolute legend
Old 16 Aug 2001, 07:41 (Ref:131138)   #6
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can you have never heard Murray commentate Jersound?
Old 16 Aug 2001, 07:54 (Ref:131142)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Simple...I live in America...
Old 16 Aug 2001, 10:26 (Ref:131178)   #8
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Murray Walker...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound
Although I am English,I have never heard a Murray Walker race broadcast...
You are no F1 fan. If I were the Webmaster of this forum, I'd banish you forever...
Old 16 Aug 2001, 11:53 (Ref:131219)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Re: Re: Murray Walker...

Quote:
Originally posted by LucaBadoer

You are no F1 fan. If I were the Webmaster of this forum, I'd banish you forever...

Bull****....I moved to the United States twenty two years ago and before coming here I was not interested in Formula1, and guess what Luca..We do not get ITV race coverage in America...Speedvision is our source for Formula1...So go and banish yourself okay.. Prat!

Last edited by JeremySmith; 16 Aug 2001 at 11:55.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 12:14 (Ref:131225)   #10
Vitesse
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, England
Vitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridVitesse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Re: Murray Walker...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound

Bull****....I moved to the United States twenty two years ago and before coming here I was not interested in Formula1, and guess what Luca..We do not get ITV race coverage in America...Speedvision is our source for Formula1...So go and banish yourself okay.. Prat!
I think you might have been in the States too long, Jersound - Luca was using just a touch of irony there methinks. I know the Yanks don't understand irony and don't use it, so you've probably forgotten it too ....
Old 16 Aug 2001, 12:29 (Ref:131232)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Vitesse.. You are so right we take ourselves too seriously...So on a lighter note thank you everyone for the links..I am still very much English in my thinking, but I know what you mean, when you talk about people from across the pond..

We have to put up with a guy called Sam Posey at Speedvision who sounds like he is talking us through a funeral rather than an F1 race..They have hired Steve Matchet from Benneton F1, I like him a lot and Peter Winsor talks about the latest gossip from the pit lane..But Sam Posey is a dork I have to say..
Old 16 Aug 2001, 12:47 (Ref:131245)   #12
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
absolutely awesome site Hakkiman!
danke!

Jersound,
We used to get ITV a couple of years ago...I loved Martin Brundle tho Chris Goodwin does an OK job too.
But nuthin as hillarious as Murray!!!!!

He actually awarded a race to "Mika Schumacher once in 1998!!!!"...however the man who impersonates him now...ie Bruce Jones is really annoying, for eg. 'Eddie Eeerwinn is fighting that Jag..."
Old 16 Aug 2001, 13:23 (Ref:131253)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Realy Downforce...

I think here in America,they should hire Murray Walker for two seasons to get the American public into the spirit of F1...I had never heard Murray until yesterday when I listened to an interview he gave for the BBC..."Gigantically" as he would say..I am shure he has seen and heard it all, they way Martin,(who is somewhat deadpan in comparision) corrects Murray when he talks about "That Yellow Ferrari" etc etc..Funny!

We could do with some of his "Go Go GO" here at the start of a race..I noticed that the audio mix is much better from the BBC and ITV than Speedvision..Commentary versus sound of the cars that is,way more bottle in the car department ..I like that guy Eddie Eeerwinn too...LOL
Old 16 Aug 2001, 14:21 (Ref:131272)   #14
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go watch the IRL Jersound...