Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 28 Dec 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3182511)   #3751
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Agreed - caught it on I-player late last night - great programme......

And @ Terence - I was impressed with Mariella Frostrup's driving, too - I suspect either they'd had some training, or she lives somewhere in the wilds, because for sure that wasn't the first time she'd driven a 4x4 in very tricky conditions......

Absolutely,quite obvious by the way she had control in some very tricky situations.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 20:14 (Ref:3182521)   #3752
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Looks like Lowestoft harbour to me!
Where the crabs are not to be taken lightly.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3182640)   #3753
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Where the crabs are not to be taken lightly.
I say, isn't that rather rude?
Old 29 Dec 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3182646)   #3754
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I thought you said you were getting your ears lowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Sorry we couldn't make the "Ace" but it was too far to travel !
Old 29 Dec 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3182647)   #3755
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Looks like Lowestoft harbour to me!
I admit it Mike, I "doctored" the picture up. We are really camping on the coast nearby
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Dec 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3182649)   #3756
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I thought you said you were getting your ears lowered?
They cant get a doctor in until next week to oversee the general anesthetic
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Dec 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3182653)   #3757
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Just had a scan through the new years honour list, they missed me out "again" !!!
Old 29 Dec 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3182659)   #3758
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a b*gger. I've been practicing my curtsying for next time I met you. SIR Gordon Streeter has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about it.
What would it have been for, by the way? Services to Kentish maidens in the 60s perhaps? Keeping them away from Sir JS? That must deserve recognition.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3182669)   #3759
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just had a scan through the new years honour list, they missed me out "again" !!!
Get Sue to bleach your hair Gordon,that should do it.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3182679)   #3760
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
That's a b*gger. I've been practicing my curtsying for next time I met you. SIR Gordon Streeter has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about it.
What would it have been for, by the way? Services to Kentish maidens in the 60s perhaps? Keeping them away from Sir JS? That must deserve recognition.
I take it you mean John Surtees or Jackie Stewart ? Otherwise I can't think of anyone else !
Old 29 Dec 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3182685)   #3761
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Most of you know Ken Clarke, who prepares my car and others. Well two weeks ago Aline, his wife, succumbed to cancer after a four year battle. Now I've just heard that Ken has been taken ill and is hospitalized!

I hope you'll all join me in wishing him a speedy return to health.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3182692)   #3762
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
That's sad Peter, please send our condolences and hopes for his own speedy recovery.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3182696)   #3763
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Most of you know Ken Clarke, who prepares my car and others. Well two weeks ago Aline, his wife, succumbed to cancer after a four year battle. Now I've just heard that Ken has been taken ill and is hospitalized!

Peter, if you or anyone else are in a position to do so, please pass on both my condolences to Ken and best wishes for his speedy return to health.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3182704)   #3764
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peter, please also pass on my condolences and best wishes to Ken.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3182707)   #3765
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Sad to hear that.Such a shame about Aline after such a brave fight.Condolences to Ken and family.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3182710)   #3766
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
There's never a good time to be in hospital especially at Christmas, hopefully he will be out in the very near future.
Get well soon Ken !
Old 29 Dec 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3182714)   #3767
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm.... Lord Streeter of Chiddingstone.... Does have a certain ring to it.

Last edited by Clive Brown; 29 Dec 2012 at 14:08.
Old 29 Dec 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3182733)   #3768
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Hmm.... Lord Streeter of Chiddingstone.... Does have a certain ring to it.
I think there is one already living there as well as my own village
Old 29 Dec 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3182735)   #3769
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think there is one already living there as well as my own village
Flip sake! he has his own Village! no wonder he is known as LORD Streeter
Old 29 Dec 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3182738)   #3770
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AKA Lord Elpus....
Old 29 Dec 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3182739)   #3771
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Flipping heck,so sorry for Ken,Life's not fair to the good guy's
Old 29 Dec 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3182785)   #3772
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Flip sake! he has his own Village! no wonder he is known as LORD Streeter
OK guys you have found me out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PP1.jpg (935.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 29 Dec 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3182793)   #3773
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Get well soon Ken
Old 31 Dec 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3183148)   #3774
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
OK guys you have found me out
What a dump. No wonder he prefers it in Spain.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3183218)   #3775
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
What a dump. No wonder he prefers it in Spain.
Yes I must admit it, but it needs a bit of tidying up !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS.jpg (142.1 KB, 40 views)
Closed Thread