Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 Apr 2012, 05:40 (Ref:3060002)   #1351
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Is that the same Nick Owen who raced FF2000 in the 80's?
Yep
Old 16 Apr 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3060017)   #1352
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Peter didn't indicate when his was Compte. It might have been a time when 600 notes had real value ... once upon a time you buy a half decent house for that in certain parts of the country.
I think you still can in the less salubrious parts of Lancashire
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3060123)   #1353
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Property is very low down in this neck of the woods at the moment (the Costa's) and getting lower day by day.
Some people are just walking away as they can't keep up the mortgage repayments, Mmm I might just buy a few up for the future
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3060127)   #1354
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Also the weather isn't too bad at the moment !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3074.jpg  
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3060154)   #1355
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
well I'll be keeping warm in my local on Saturday night, just worked out its 22 years since I first gigged there . . . one day I'll manage a set without a bum note

Its free entry and the beers very very good just in case anyone fancies it.
Attached Thumbnails
210412-duke.jpg  
Old 16 Apr 2012, 12:06 (Ref:3060172)   #1356
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Sorry Joe the music will be too modern for us OAPs
Old 16 Apr 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3060286)   #1357
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
hmm, I think the avarage age of each song is about 45 . . . . which is about 7 years older than the average age of the band . . . . I think your right . . . . anyway, as hearing deteriorates with age you wouldn't be able to hear much of it anyway . . . one of my old neighbours is nearly 90 now and he pops down to our gigs still, sits right at the front with his hearing aid still on
Old 16 Apr 2012, 18:05 (Ref:3060401)   #1358
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
hmm, I think the avarage age of each song is about 45 . . . . which is about 7 years older than the average age of the band . . . . I think your right . . . . anyway, as hearing deteriorates with age you wouldn't be able to hear much of it anyway . . . one of my old neighbours is nearly 90 now and he pops down to our gigs still, sits right at the front with his hearing aid still on
Turn the volume to 11 Joe. Despite what he says I'm sure Gordon would still appreciate the music whilst staying in Spain.

Old 16 Apr 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3060407)   #1359
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well I'll be keeping warm in my local on Saturday night, just worked out its 22 years since I first gigged there . . . one day I'll manage a set without a bum note

Its free entry and the beers very very good just in case anyone fancies it.

Sounds like a great night - I'm really fond of northern soul - sadly too far to travel ! Soul fans may like to visit Glasgow's internet Radio 6 International :
http://www.radiosix.com/schedule.html

22:00David Belcher's Soul Show

with the best in soul music and an emphasis on Northern Soul.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 05:32 (Ref:3060686)   #1360
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Hockenheim this weekend. Im knackard allready and its only April.Hope the night goes well Joe I would love to of been there.Me and Compte will deffinatley come and see the band sometime.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 07:18 (Ref:3060711)   #1361
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to Germany? you'll soon know the country quite well Iain,
Spa was great,as if it could be anything different. Snett today[windy,wet,what else!]
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3060742)   #1362
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Cliffs first 10 minutes in Ol' Bumble http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnXCB_itm0
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3060745)   #1363
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Radio 6 is great Malcolm . . . . It'd be great to get the band to play one evening of a race meeting, a proper club night at a proper club meeting!
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3060768)   #1364
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have a chat with the MG Car Club for their Silverstone event.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3060892)   #1365
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Radio 6 is great Malcolm . . . . It'd be great to get the band to play one evening of a race meeting, a proper club night at a proper club meeting!
I would be up for hearing a bit of that Joe, what about the CTCRC's own Mallory event, that should be quite an occassion this year?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3061050)   #1366
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I nearly took my old Blues band to LeMans a few years back, just for the hell of it, to play on the camp site . . . . this outfits a bit more professional though and payola gets in the way of sheer fun, which is unfortunate in some instances, its not often we pay in the pubs these days
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3061120)   #1367
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Still in training for the Snett meeting
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3095f.jpg  
Old 17 Apr 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3061127)   #1368
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
You are looking very trim Gordon.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3061137)   #1369
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be very awkward jogging with a beer in your hand.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3061138)   #1370
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm.... I stand to be corrected, but that beverage looks a little on the light side to be Larkins....
Old 17 Apr 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3061179)   #1371
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Joe, how about bringing the band to the 360 shindig?
Old 18 Apr 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3061267)   #1372
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
unless someone wants to pay them all it'll never happen. and I'll be racing and then at the HRDC BBQ.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3061295)   #1373
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
unless someone wants to pay them all it'll never happen. and I'll be racing and then at the HRDC BBQ.
Your cynisim is most unbecoming Joe. Realisistic probably! But most unbecoming nontheless.
Old 18 Apr 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3061298)   #1374
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Can you do a solo piece?
Old 18 Apr 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3061310)   #1375
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To cover both BBQs you could play on the roof of the pits, a la Brian May at Buck House.