Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 1 Mar 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3373567)   #151
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Are you referring to Ben Hunt in the States?
No.
Old 1 Mar 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3373792)   #152
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An eye on this and other places http://www.mikeyoung.co.nz/
Cusco are allowed to make an R3 Yaris?/Vitz? for aprc from the rule changes.
The way I read the Fia/ APRC rules the 86 would still have to be Japanese domestic rally spec - basically the road car with a cage and gravel tyres, so no turbo 86 with a holinger seq and sprint car diff (like nameless run in US champshp)for the aprc.
http://dustyventures.kinja.com/why-w...ere-1466557793

Last edited by GHOGH; 1 Mar 2014 at 22:27.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3374519)   #153
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumor has it, Nick Cassidy is heading for Gp3 this year. He was at Manfield on the weekend racing a Juno sports car (which is supposedly similar in pace to a gp3 car).

Cassidy tested with Status Grand Prix last year, and is likely to get a drive with them if he can muster enough cash. ART is another possibility.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3374530)   #154
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20b View Post
Cassidy tested with Status Grand Prix last year, and is likely to get a drive with them if he can muster enough cash. ART is another possibility.
And that might be a big "IF", given he's been looking around for a long time now. That's the worst part of this so-called "sport"; talent just ain't enough. As MP said, it's soul destroying. I wish him luck.
Old 3 Mar 2014, 22:56 (Ref:3374622)   #155
MS Fan
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
MS Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rumor has it, Nick Cassidy is heading for Gp3 this year. He was at Manfield on the weekend racing a Juno sports car (which is supposedly similar in pace to a gp3 car).

Hey 20b I was at Manfeild on the weekend and Nick was driving the Juno in the garage next to us. I understand his quickest laptime of the weekend was 1.04.4 which is close to what the TRS cars do.

On the Friday he also drove the Juno in the garage on the other side and did a laptime about 1.5 seconds quicker than the owner. I was told by the guy engineering the car that his feedback was superb and allowed them to pinpoint an issue they had, the engineer was impressed with his knowledge and how helpful he was. As a result of the changes made from the feedback and the data overlay, the owner of the car was able to improve his laptimes by 0.8 seconds, with still more to come.

I think as others have said, Nick has the talent, probably more than alot of those doing GP3, but it is the finance holding him back. I think he showed that, when doing one round of TRS and the only race he effectively contested, he lead from start to finish.
Old 21 Mar 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3382799)   #156
GHOGH
Racer

Is this correct ?
Emma Gilmour getting an invite to Global Rallycross/ X-Games - Austin, Texas?
http://www.global-rallycross.com/new...tes-announced/
Old 21 Mar 2014, 23:56 (Ref:3382848)   #157
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hope so!
Old 22 Mar 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3382875)   #158
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOGH View Post
Is this correct ?
Emma Gilmour getting an invite to Global Rallycross/ X-Games - Austin, Texas?
http://www.global-rallycross.com/new...tes-announced/
Yes
Old 26 Mar 2014, 21:48 (Ref:3384819)   #159
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see Richie Stanaway has secured a Gp3 seat at Status GP - on the other hand, it's unfortunate Nick Cassidy missed out. It seems he was just pipped at the post.
Old 26 Mar 2014, 22:25 (Ref:3384836)   #160
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
Quote:
It's good to see Richie Stanaway has secured a Gp3 seat at Status GP - on the other hand, it's unfortunate Nick Cassidy missed out. It seems he was just pipped at the post.

Is this as well as driving for Aston Martin in the Endurance stuff?
Old 26 Mar 2014, 23:11 (Ref:3384849)   #161
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure what you are looking at, but from what I am reading its a Test at this Stage. Big difference between a Pre Season test and a Full season ride
Old 27 Mar 2014, 00:18 (Ref:3384861)   #162
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way I read it they were both going over for pre-season tests.

Nice if both were successful
Old 27 Mar 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3384939)   #163
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
The way I read it they were both going over for pre-season tests.

Nice if both were successful
Unfortunately 20b post about Nick being pipped at the post is correct, Richie backers had their ducks in a row whilst Nick was still short, but not an insurmountable amount so I am told, so pretty tough call on Nick since he had already purchased his ticket and was in transit in Sydney when he got the "Dear John" email.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 09:11 (Ref:3386406)   #164
GHOGH
Racer

On the webcast today from Sandown, was that d gaunt in the Radicals?
Are the radicals something only the Aussies can afford in large numbers?

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/uk/...al-sr3-rs.aspx
Old 30 Mar 2014, 19:31 (Ref:3386767)   #165
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nope..

Grove & Dean Motorsport, Radical Clubman's Cup, Radical European Masters and Radical SR1 Cup

Radical Masters Euroseries video
Old 31 Mar 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3386956)   #166
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Can I ask a somewhat similar question; are the Aussies the only ones who can afford anything in large numbers?
Old 31 Mar 2014, 10:52 (Ref:3387003)   #167
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
On the webcast today from Sandown, was that d gaunt in the Radicals?

http://www.radicalsportscars.com/uk/...al-sr3-rs.aspx
I went to the meeting, NZ doesn't want them, probably great fun to drive, boring as hell to watch...
Old 20 Apr 2014, 05:46 (Ref:3395341)   #168
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great News over night from the UK.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113541
Old 20 Apr 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3395957)   #169
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brendan Hartely was fast, reliable and very tidy all day in the new Porsche. Very pleased, very much hope he's going to prove my previous assessment wrong. Very honest and personable when being interviewed as well, but you'd expect that of a Kiwi
Old 20 Apr 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3395973)   #170
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Brendan Hartely was fast, reliable and very tidy all day in the new Porsche. Very pleased, very much hope he's going to prove my previous assessment wrong. Very honest and personable when being interviewed as well, but you'd expect that of a Kiwi
Thanks for the comments 'Woolley' very hard to get any real info on Brendan's part in the team's third placing.

Does the timing system record who is at the wheel, as it would be interesting to see how Brendan's times compared with Mark Webber and the other Co-driver?

It was reported here in NZ that Brendan was the fastest in private testing a couple of weeks ago, so I was a little surprised that the qualifying pair's aggregate times didn't include Brendan's, which would suggest he was not quite as quick as the other two?
Old 20 Apr 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3395985)   #171
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Timo Bernhard was the third, a respected sportscar driver. Bernhard started, Hartley took over in very difficult cold and occasionally mixed conditions and didn't put a foot wrong. Very decisive yet controlled in traffic.

Didn't see times, but my understanding is the pace dropped off when Webber got in, although weather also got progressively nastier which may have had an effect with the car in low-downforce spec.

Basically, did a good job in high class company and showed the maturity that I previously had thought missing. Make or break year, and on first showing, it was all good. And on a day when some other well-respected drivers dropped the ball.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3395988)   #172
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Thanks for the comments 'Woolley' very hard to get any real info on Brendan's part in the team's third placing.

Does the timing system record who is at the wheel, as it would be interesting to see how Brendan's times compared with Mark Webber and the other Co-driver?

It was reported here in NZ that Brendan was the fastest in private testing a couple of weeks ago, so I was a little surprised that the qualifying pair's aggregate times didn't include Brendan's, which would suggest he was not quite as quick as the other two?
Only two drivers qualify so Brendan wasn't involved in the qually session. That's not necessarily because he's slow - some very quick drivers sat out that session, like Loic Duval. The qualifying format rewards consistent pace in the session so I think it makes sense to hand it over to the more experienced hands for now.

Hartley took over from Bernhard after two hours I think, and he certainly seemed to be on the pace of the 919, but still off the Toyotas, which were mighty today.

For both Brendan and Mark, they have things to catch up on. I think Bernhard will still be entrusted with opening stints and qually sessions for the foreseeable future, but Harlety is very highly regarded in the sports car community and he has massive potential at the perfect place to unlock it.

He looked like a cool head in traffic, and as has already been said - and this is important in sportscars - he comes across as nice bloke. You've got to be a part of the team.
Old 20 Apr 2014, 23:45 (Ref:3396015)   #173
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
I went to the meeting, NZ doesn't want them, probably great fun to drive, boring as hell to watch...
...and I understand quite expensive?
Old 21 Apr 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3396076)   #174
GHOGH
Racer

I think Hartley should realise he is part of the Porsche Team when he is getting photographed with Derek Bell (5 times Le Mans winner).
Old 21 Apr 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3396362)   #175
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
I think Hartley should realise he is part of the Porsche Team when he is getting photographed with Derek Bell (5 times Le Mans winner).
Is that a criticism, or an endorsement of Brendan's smarts? Given that the whole video is an official Porsche PR video, the video Director and Porsche PR personal will have choreographed the whole thing from go to who including the editing of all footage.