Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Apr 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1593024)   #1
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSBR 3.5 Title Contenders

Come on then, less than a week to go now, who is going to be up the sharp end at the end of the year, how about 3 contenders, mine would have to be Maldonado, Kerr and Salignon, mind you it could be any one of 10 couldn't it, wide open championship.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1593237)   #2
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hanley, Hanley and Hanley!
Old 24 Apr 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1593576)   #3
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maldonado, Soucek and Danielsson

I do however suck at guessing things like this.
Old 24 Apr 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1594022)   #4
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if rossiter is given a good car then the title is going his way.

and im not just saying that because im british/irish
Old 24 Apr 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1594088)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My top 3 in this order is as follows.

1: Kerr
2: Rossiter
3: McIntosh

By the way, does anybody fancy starting up a predictions championship for WSBR?
Old 24 Apr 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1594120)   #6
pimbopap
Rookie

pimbopap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Hanley, Hanley and Hanley!

Bravo Go for pole, even if it will not be easy
Old 24 Apr 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1594123)   #7
pimbopap
Rookie

pimbopap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
My top 3 in this order is as follows.

1: Kerr
2: Rossiter
3: McIntosh

By the way, does anybody fancy starting up a predictions championship for WSBR?

KTR fan????
Old 24 Apr 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1594136)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not neccarcily a KTR fan no, but going by Kerr and McIntosh's performances in A1 last season they should be front runners, IMO. Rossiter should also do well too after a strong year last year in the F3 Euroseries. Will be interesting to see if my theory is proved right. Although re-thinking my top 3 slightly I would have to replace Rossiter with Toccacelo in my top 3.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 24 Apr 2006 at 21:12.
Old 24 Apr 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1594160)   #9
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to think the top runners, not necessarily in this order, should be Kerr, Rossiter, McIntosh, Hanley, Soucek with a few Maldonados and Salignons and Danielssons thrown in for good measure.

Kerr and Rossiter for their experience. Hanley for staying with the same (good) team that he was with before, and he's good. McIntosh because he seems genuinely quick. Soucek because he was good in testing and I;ve never heard of him. The others because they show their faces when they're in a good car/good setup.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 24 Apr 2006, 23:07 (Ref:1594208)   #10
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
rossiter could have kerr for breakfast.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1594364)   #11
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Rossiter will struggle to be top 5 - find out in 4/5 days!
Old 25 Apr 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1594470)   #12
winny
Rookie

Australia
winny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chosing only 3 here is quite difficult...there are at least 5 that could be at the top. I also think guys like Hanley, Rossiter will do great but I think that in the end it will be someone who has a little bit more experience and who is probably in his 2nd year of WSR.
Anyway in no particular order I think these are the drivers who will be in the top 6:
Salignon
Kerr
Maldonado
Fleming
Montanari
Rossiter
Old 25 Apr 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1594557)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm definitely not thinking salignon will be up there, not as a regular race winner anyway.

the rossiter vs kerr... er, arguement is a very tricky one to work out. differences in team aside, i think they could be evenly matched. from an english/british point of view, it should be the most interesting bit of the series.

on the other hand, i think it's very important that rossiter wins a championship this year.
Old 25 Apr 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1594594)   #14
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Both of them (Kerr and Rossiter) really need to be top 3 - Rossiter especially as he's never won a championship (?). Would be great for us Brits if they were duking it out at the top!

I just think Rossiter needs time to find his feet while there are several talented guys in the field who are used to this sort of car, etc.. That was the reason for my comment.

I don't trust the testing times much ...
Old 25 Apr 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1594613)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i didn't realise it's such a short calendar, so it's very important that they're on the ball from day 1.

agree with you about not trusting the testing times at all. and from past racing, rossiter's usually on the pace pretty quickly in a new car or at a new track.

it'll be interesting to see who can capitalise on the potential first race randomness. not knowing of anyone else, i guess maldonado and salignon would be as good as anyone..
Old 27 Apr 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1596437)   #16
DEADDUCK
Rookie

United Kingdom
DEADDUCK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerr will be in the 5 and will be consistent but he wont win the championship, Rossiter will be out of the top 6, he will throw it off in the first race, watch this space!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 10:13 (Ref:1596851)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm sticking to my candidates as posted in the silly season thread couple weeks back.

To reconfirm.

Kerr, Maldonado, Salignon and possibly Garcia are my tips for the title. Other winners and challengers are likely to be Fleming, Aleshin, Rossiter, Kane, Hanley and Danielsson and I would've thought Parente will want to keep his career momentum going.

I don't rate Tocaccello or Pavlovic that highly as they've been driving every years for ages with up and down form.

Kerr will have no problem focusing this year as if he doesn't win it or at least finish top 3 in points at end of season, his top line single seater career could be over.

I've always thought he's a potential ace so i'm giving him moral support anyway.

There's no doubt Pastor is seriously quick, but needs to polish off the crazy tendencies.

Garcia is also a quick driver and really ought to have completed the first 4 races of GP2 at Valencia and Imola by now.

Salignon is probably recovered from his confidence shaking shunt so I expect him to be on it so to speak.

The other guys i've mentioned have all stood out for some reason or another in the various series they've competed in to date.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1597072)   #18
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
im still sticking with my prediction the very moment i heard he was driving. rossiter. aslong as he has the car of course.

i think he is the only brit worth anything in the series.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 14:49 (Ref:1753621)   #19
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzen
Maldonado, Soucek and Danielsson

I do however suck at guessing things like this.
Seems like you don't suck at guessing things like these...

sorry for bringing up an old thread but it was kinda funny with your guess
Old 2 Nov 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1756443)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obizzz
Seems like you don't suck at guessing things like these...

sorry for bringing up an old thread but it was kinda funny with your guess
I want to know if Bezzen would like to pick my lottery numbers...
Old 2 Nov 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1756611)   #21
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just put it all on black and you'll be happy!
Old 3 Nov 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1757055)   #22
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was interesting reading this thread and the predictions surrounding Kerr. I personally wasn't expecting much from Kerr because i had felt that he underperformed horribly in a very mediocre A1GP field.

I remember when A1GP was finished and Surtees lambasted Arden for giving them an "inferior car", i remember Arden answering back that the car was easily good enough to win the championship but Team Britain's problem was with their drivers. I wonder if after WSBR Surtees got on the phone and apologised to Arden. :-)
Old 3 Nov 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1757063)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i have to agree with you there. all the nonsense about "luck" aside which is bound to come from robbie's supporters, it has been a very disappointing year for him.