Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 May 2009, 16:11 (Ref:2467155)   #26
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Empty pallet one would hope? Or did it have a nice new defuser strapped to it? Then again... Looking at where the BMWs are... :P

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 23 May 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2467524)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Shocker, a Williams isn't fastest in a free practice session!!!

Alonso popped a decent lap in towards the end and both the Brawns and it has to be said the Ferrari's look well poised in terms of lap time and overall car balance?
Old 23 May 2009, 10:32 (Ref:2467528)   #28
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button was going quickly earlier but was baulked, he was even getting the rear end to step out so was trying, on the harder tyres. Looking at the relative pace It will be difficult to call the fuel loads. The first 11 are covered by less than a second so no scamparing off into the distance with a light fuel load this weekend
Old 23 May 2009, 10:36 (Ref:2467533)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quite if anyone risked lighting it from the start after they'd pitted they'd most likely come back out stright into a line of slower cars and that would be that!!

Mind you Alonso, who would be one of the few who could seriously master a short streak stragtegy, might fancy it if he could build up a big enough lead in a first stint?
Old 23 May 2009, 11:48 (Ref:2467556)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol, the Beeb just showed two women sunbathing topless, all of a sudden we came back to the studio!
Old 23 May 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2467564)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hamilton stuffs it!
Old 23 May 2009, 13:30 (Ref:2467583)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm, not sure if Kimi cut the kerb on his final fast lap, it certainly was close, but there was no on-board replay, just a long shot.
Old 23 May 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2467586)   #33
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Vettel looked to have been slowed on his final lap?

Toyota and BMW need to do a re-think,because obviously DDD are not the be-all-and-end-all of having a fast car.

And now we have that pointless waiting around for the fuel weights !
Old 23 May 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2467603)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Except we know that Button is running for the first twenty laps.
Old 23 May 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2467611)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And that Potsie Webber qualified badly.. 6-0 to Vettel so far
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 May 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2467617)   #36
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Except we know that Button is running for the first twenty laps.
So for a few hours at least all of the other teams/drivers will be saying: 'Hey! What! Twenty laps! He can't possibly have enough fuel for twenty laps!'

I'm looking forward to another JB win. But whoever wins it should be a close run thing.
Old 23 May 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2467621)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's usually the pole who wins, unless a mess happens like somebody crashing but coming back to finish first.
Old 23 May 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2467625)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
It's usually the pole who wins, unless a mess happens like somebody crashing but coming back to finish first.
Unless a highly excited Kimi dropkicks Jenson out at Ste Devote?!!
Old 23 May 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2467628)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not making any predictions !
Old 23 May 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2467645)   #40
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I'm not making any predictions !
I predicted that you wouldn't make any predictions which was predictable really.

My only prediction is that Kubica will not win the race.It's a long shot I know.
Old 23 May 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2467646)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
My only prediction is that Kubica will not win the race.It's a long shot I know.
Not worth predicting that he'll slag his car or team off at some point either I suppose?
Old 23 May 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2467648)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Unless a highly excited Kimi dropkicks Jenson out at Ste Devote?!!
To see Kimi "highly excited" would be something in itself,let alone seeing him "dropkick" Jenson out at St Devote.
Old 23 May 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2467651)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Not worth predicting that he'll slag his car or team off at some point either I suppose?
No point at all!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75538
Old 23 May 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2467654)   #44
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
What on earth has happened to Toyota in the last few weeks? The car looked truly (or indeed Trulli) awful today.

I have to say - big congratulations to Force India for making their first ever appearance in Q2. Well done those boys.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 23 May 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2467663)   #45
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
What on earth has happened to Toyota in the last few weeks? The car looked truly (or indeed Trulli) awful today.
The return of the Toyortoises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I have to say - big congratulations to Force India for making their first ever appearance in Q2. Well done those boys.
Well,thanks to the combined efforts of BMW and Toyota,Force India find themselves in with maybe a chance of a point or two.
Old 23 May 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2467697)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Vettel looked to have been slowed on his final lap?
Yep! thought so.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75555
Old 23 May 2009, 16:26 (Ref:2467698)   #47
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And that Potsie Webber qualified badly.. 6-0 to Vettel so far
He got messed around with them sending him out late and only giving him 1 shot

Weights
Old 23 May 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2467702)   #48
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
weights are in -

Number Car Driver Weight [kg]
01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 645.5*
02 McLaren Mercedes Heikki Kovalainen 644.0
03 Ferrari Felipe Massa 643.5
04 Ferrari Kimi Raikkonen 644.0
05 BMW Sauber Robert Kubica 696.0*
06 BMW Sauber Nick Heidfeld 680.0*
07 Renault Fernando Alonso 654.0
08 Renault Nelson Piquet 673.1*
09 Toyota Jarno Trulli 688.3*
10 Toyota Timo Glock 700.8*
11 STR Ferrari Sebastien Bourdais 699.5*
12 STR Ferrari Sebastien Buemi 670.0*
14 RBR Renault Mark Webber 646.5
15 RBR Renault Sebastian Vettel 631.5
16 Williams Toyota Nico Rosberg 642.0
17 Williams Toyota Kazuki Nakajima 668.0
20 Force India Mercedes Adrian Sutil 670.0*
21 Force India Mercedes Giancarlo Fisichella 693.0*
22 Brawn Mercedes Jenson Button 647.5
23 Brawn Mercedes Rubens Barrichello 648.0
Old 23 May 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2467704)   #49
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
He got messed around with them sending him out late and only giving him 1 shot
Actually.

"I'm reasonably happy with what I did today, maybe we could have done a different strategy in Q3 – it was my idea to do one run, but maybe we should have done two," he said."

And looking at the weights Vettel seems to have lost out big time.Also deserved pole from JB.
Old 23 May 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2467714)   #50
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Actually.

"I'm reasonably happy with what I did today, maybe we could have done a different strategy in Q3 – it was my idea to do one run, but maybe we should have done two," he said."
Then he's a plank

Tags
formula 1, monaco