Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Sep 2000, 13:02 (Ref:38758)   #51
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the issue here is the fact that it is delayed by 6 hours, so much as the fact that ITV have, on more than one occasion, promised that ITV viewers will get LIVE coverage of every race of the season.

Had it been the case that ITV had from the start only broadcast a handful of live races and the rest delayed then I don't think people would be too bothered.

I think the main point is that ITV has broken its contract with the viewers.
Old 23 Sep 2000, 14:43 (Ref:38772)   #52
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Itv are Just ****

It's not just a matter of it not being shown live .
What about all those Bloody adverts that keep appearing more and more frequently . The timing of them is also getting worse I'm sure they do it to wind us up You can bet as soon as you start to look forward to a bit of over taking or the pit stops are about to start they will try and get an advert in before it happens and we always end up missing something granted they show it after but while the adverts are on I just end up pacing up and down thinking WHATS HAPPENING ! then as each ad finishes and another ad starts I can feel my blood boiling.
They are getting longer and longer .
This sport needs dedicated coverage from a dedicated sports channel not a channel who's intrest's lie else where ie whats happening in some made up sad little soap for sad little people to watch.
(P.S.I've just been in the shed looking to get my old satalite system put up, to watch it on some german channel they make as much sense as Murray Walker sometimes any way or I'll watch and listen on the radio )
Well everybody give up telling us we've got it good compared to other countries It's not good enough !
When football fans get multi cameras, how many different angles can you watch football , all the action is usually in one place anyway, F1 is crying out for this kind of coverage come on sky
Just about the whole country is able to recieve sky if you love the sport you'll pay for decent coverage come on its not that expensive F1 needs it
Old 23 Sep 2000, 22:00 (Ref:38843)   #53
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What else

Just to make matters even worse they have now changed the timings for qualifying to 23:55 Hrs and it doesnt finish till 01:40 Hrs I mean come what the hell are they playing at.
Then to top it off I recieve an E-mail from them as I logged on telling me the results.
I am absolutely totally pi**ed off with the whole thing what an absolute load of sh!t .
fu**ing ****e man

ps I feel a bit better now Thanx !
Old 23 Sep 2000, 22:21 (Ref:38846)   #54
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie's Grand Plan

Well, I guess all this aggro is just Bernie's way of saying that we should all - regardless of cost - go to his digital TV...
Old 24 Sep 2000, 01:08 (Ref:38866)   #55
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's about the strength of it, I reckon, Dan.

For those outside the London region, it may be interesting to note what it was that ITV played in the mid/late evening tonight which was so much more important than the F1 qualifying.

Robocop 3.

That's right, Robocop 3. And if I remember rightly, this intelligent, thoughtful classic of modern film making was last broadcast on ITV approximately 10 months ago. So it was high time it got another audience, I'm sure you'll agree.
Old 24 Sep 2000, 01:24 (Ref:38871)   #56
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
We have a strange State here

The Queensland TV times have the race on at 5 am; the New South Wales TV times show the race is also on at 5 am. However, Queensland is so backward that we are 1 hour behind New South Wales. So I have no idea what time the race starts here, and I have to get up at 4 a.m., and either watch the F1 race, or watch an hour of Hawai Eye in black and white before the race. Oh Merde!!
Old 24 Sep 2000, 12:01 (Ref:38929)   #57
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel Nine's an ARSE!!

Oooohh... such a tantalising proposition, Mr Bounce!! So much so I almost wish I was back at home to join you for it!!
Old 24 Sep 2000, 15:11 (Ref:38969)   #58
smurficus69
Rookie

smurficus69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HA HA HA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I get to watch the whole thing live.
Being in the birth place of leprechauns does have a couple of perks when it comes to F1.

Want me to write up the action as it unfolds???