Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Sep 2000, 03:59 (Ref:37611)   #26
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Still Whingeing!!!

Still whingeing?? Don't you have anything intelligent to do? Go and watc the Olympics. Did you see the opening ceremony? Did you watch the 4X100 Men's relay? That was sensational, and it was a trully gutsy swim by Thorpedoe. He hauled back half a body length from the fastest sprinter in teh U.S.Team Why bother with a boring F1 race when you can watch the Olympics?
Old 18 Sep 2000, 16:48 (Ref:37860)   #27
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh is that the stupid waste of time that has taken all of the racing of eurosport for 3 weeks, if it hasnt got an engine then i dont watch it.
Old 18 Sep 2000, 19:09 (Ref:37878)   #28
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Still Whingeing!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Still whingeing?? Don't you have anything intelligent to do? Go and watc the Olympics. Did you see the opening ceremony? Did you watch the 4X100 Men's relay? That was sensational, and it was a trully gutsy swim by Thorpedoe. He hauled back half a body length from the fastest sprinter in teh U.S.Team Why bother with a boring F1 race when you can watch the Olympics?
I think your in the wrong Forum
Old 18 Sep 2000, 22:19 (Ref:37903)   #29
Jo
Rookie

Jo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, we'll whinge about that being on in the middle of the night and then being repeated all the next day after you've heard on the news how any events of interest actually turned out.

Here's a little saying about the English attitude for you:

Tell an Englishman about your idea and he'll tell you it's terrible and give you five reasons why it won't work.

Tell an American about your idea and he'll tell you he loves it and give you ten ways to improve it!

Back to the important issues, what a disgrace. Like there's ever anything worth watching on a Sunday evening - just a bit of sentimental bull-s*** to watch curled up on the sofa with a box of tissues and a tub of Haagen Das (or however you spell it). Imagine if they decided not to show the final of the football world cup live - there'd be riots and I don't believe that's an exageration. What time is the Malaysian GP?

I personally find that not watching the Grand Prix live does take away part of the enjoyment -at least you feel that cursing TGF is being of some use when it's actually happening. Even my psychic transmission powers don't extend to time travel (?!!?) and how can you have an F1 end of season party if some annoying tit you live with is likely to bounce in from the pub half way through and tell you what happens?

The whole digital thing too, somebody should consider the potential of digital coverage - wouldn't it be great if you could choose who you were watching race -like they have with football - rather than just watching the usual McLaren / Ferrari sprinting off ahead of everyone. If battles lower down the field proved popular with viewers it might even help smaller teams to get better sponsorship deals. What about split screens, so you could keep one eye on the man in the pits whilst watching to see whether his rival got past (although I don't see why they can't do that anyway). The possibilities for the sport are huge.

Old 19 Sep 2000, 00:09 (Ref:37932)   #30
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You want to hear something funny? We aren't getting the race live in Canada either! Our station is delaying it two hours!

Fortunately most of us get United States channels so it is possible we'll get to see it live anyway, but who do TSN think are going to be watching their broadcast when they can get the real thing somewhere else?

Old 19 Sep 2000, 16:05 (Ref:38011)   #31
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

If you had On digital you could watch it live . The japanese and malaysian gp's are live as usual.
Old 19 Sep 2000, 17:03 (Ref:38025)   #32
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz do you know if any other American channels will be carrying the race live? I doubt we will get the speedvision feed.
Old 20 Sep 2000, 06:51 (Ref:38115)   #33
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Tell an Aussie a good idea and he'll say great, now lets go to the pub for a drink.
Actually, I seldom whinge about F1. We don't even get quals here, and I won't find out until tomorrow what time we will get our delayed telecast for the U.S. GP here. For many years, I did not even get F1 on TV. In Cyprus, all we got was Dallas in Greek. In Hong Kong, I was in a Government quarter, and it took me 3 years to persuade the Government to install Satellite TV on our Roofs ( for which we had to pay, BTW). So,until 1994, I did not get F1 to watch on TV at all. So now, I thank the good Lord for small mercies. You Pommes have been spoilt for so many years, you have great motor racing every weekend, F1 live, quals live, and you still whinge when one race is delayed. It reminds me of this Pomme in Brisbane who used to whinge all the time about missing England, and when I asked her what she missed, she could only think of her kippers. Life is like a donut: always look on the donut and not upon the hole.
And last, but certainly not least, a big welcome to Jo and Billy Hunt - I am sure you will enjoy this great forum. Don't mind me - I just try to inject a little humour into our forum now and then.
Old 21 Sep 2000, 15:12 (Ref:38394)   #34
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THE MALAYSIAN GP IS NOT BEING SHOWN LIVE BY ITV.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

Old 21 Sep 2000, 15:14 (Ref:38395)   #35
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Please remember that not everyone has access to cable or satellite TV - these things cost M.O.N.E.Y which means they just aren't viable.
Old 21 Sep 2000, 20:47 (Ref:38485)   #36
Jo
Rookie

Jo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suggestion:

Find a pub showing it - there are a few around that do, although everyone in Loughborough looked at me like I'd just landed from Uranus when I suggested it.

Doesn't really help with Malaysia though.
Old 21 Sep 2000, 20:58 (Ref:38493)   #37
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a problem here, where only 1 in ever 20 people have ever heard of Micheal Schumacher!

Although some of the bars were showing the Cart races.
Old 21 Sep 2000, 22:13 (Ref:38502)   #38
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

The malaysian gp is being showed early in the morning so it is good enough. maybe us with itv2 will get it live again
Old 21 Sep 2000, 23:42 (Ref:38519)   #39
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's very funny (to me anyway) about nobody here knowing Michael Schumacher - I had occasion to review a transcript this week of a trial in the United States in which someone held up a copy of F1 Magazine and said, "Now this man is wearing a Marlboro Uniform..." and the person to whom he was showing this exhibit did not know who "this man" was and hazarded a guess that F1 was "A European magazine" - the man in the Marlboro "uniform" was, of course, TGF. And the person who did not recognize him? The CEO of the company that owns Marlboro ...

Also they asked a number of people in Indianapolis who was the best known, Michael Jordan or Michael Schumacher. Most of the people they asked said, "Who's Michael Schumacher?"

I don't know if it's on land line TV anywhere in the USA - probably not, as it would interfere with Water Polo or Ribbon Dancing.
Old 22 Sep 2000, 10:03 (Ref:38563)   #40
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Jv2000... it's rather sad that you actually admit to having ITV2, given that the only programme of any merit on it is the wonderful Sunset Beach...

Old 22 Sep 2000, 19:54 (Ref:38641)   #41
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Hmm...

If you say so Minardi fan...
Old 22 Sep 2000, 21:30 (Ref:38662)   #42
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I praise myself lucky to have German RTL

They are showing the USGP live, as they do with all the races. In fact, they are showing all the qualifying sessions, morning warm-ups and races live, and lately they have also started showing Saturday morning practice. Norwegian TV show all the European races live, while races on other continents are shown delayed, usually in a thirty minute program, as is the case for the USGP. By then I will already have watched it live on RTL. After Eurosport stopped covering F1, I could always count on RTL to deliver. I bear with them, if they go a little overboard with the Schumacher praise from time to time!

I feel sorry for you people in Britain, I didn't know you couldn't get all F1 races live. I thought your F1 coverage was top of the ladder. Why can't the bosses of all TV stations that own rights to transmit F1 understand that F1 fans want to see all the races live?!?
Old 22 Sep 2000, 21:45 (Ref:38664)   #43
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Drat! And double drat!

Up until April, I could get RTL on my satellite dish. Then I went and switched to digital satellite, and the German channels are on a different satellite elevation.

Means I've been missing out on German F3 on DSF all year too, and that was fun.
Old 22 Sep 2000, 22:47 (Ref:38675)   #44
Rit
Rookie

Rit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh god please don't let F1 go over to itv2!!
A buddy of mine taped the F1 Night for me cos I have sky (no cable round here). When I came to watch it there were blocks and buzzing and all sorts of rubish coming up on the screen which completly ruined the show.If F1 goes to someone (which it will have to), pleeeeze let it go to sky as On Digital round here is hopeless, so at the moment, live or not I'm happy to be able to see it properly even if it means missing overtaking in the flippin' adverts (does that happen every time or am I being paranoid)? If it goes On Digital, anyone wanna buy a TV?
Old 23 Sep 2000, 09:19 (Ref:38731)   #45
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If everyone were to email ITV it may give them some idea of the feeling involved.

They don't seem keen to give out their address, but you can get to them quickly at dutyoffice@itv.co.uk
Old 23 Sep 2000, 09:28 (Ref:38733)   #46
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whinging and moaning, whinging an......

Quit it!! All of you!!

This is bloody stupid! One race in the history of F1 coverage in the UK isn't shown live and you all go off and cry about it.

I fully intend to do the same when I return to Oz, directed at Channel Nine. They claim that their Grand Prix coverage is live, when in fact every GP is shown after the Sunday night movie. And that has been happening for many a decade!

You have no right to complain about one race not being televised live on ITV. Only if the entire season were to be shown late at night would you have reason to complain.

And another thing about TV coverage of F1. Even when the BBC had the rights to the series - with no ads - Channel 9 would satisfy its need for yet more money and place them in. Normally when Murray was in the middle of one of his very important ramblings...

'Nuff said.
Old 23 Sep 2000, 09:33 (Ref:38734)   #47
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Oh, by the way, did I mention in that last post that you should all

SHUT UP!!

Well, in case I didn't, I have now...
Old 23 Sep 2000, 09:40 (Ref:38737)   #48
Gerryl
Rookie

Gerryl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone on the western side of England/wales should be able to pick up RTE's (Ireland) Transmission of the race. Both Qualifing and the race are live
Old 23 Sep 2000, 09:44 (Ref:38738)   #49
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Ooh! Craig! Invader! Maybe you should drop by on the Welsh Bloke then!!
Old 23 Sep 2000, 10:22 (Ref:38740)   #50
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dan, I know what you're saying. I'm old enough and creaky enough to remember when the GP was a 20 minute highlights on "Sportsnight" three days after the race!

But the point being ITV were diligent in their reassurances that F1 was going to be live on their watch. And as an avowed disliker of soccer, it rankles that they feel not the slightest qualm about throwing the schedule to the wind for a footy match, but when the GP clashes with "Coronation Street" for the first time, the race fans have to make do once again.