Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Sep 2000, 15:12 (Ref:38970)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three Canadia F1 fans were found dead this (Saturday) morning in their trailer. Apperntly they'd died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Another GP weekend and another dreadful accident. Again our thoughts must go to the families, friends and loved ones........
Old 24 Sep 2000, 17:18 (Ref:38995)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I read about that on f1racing.net. Apparently their exhaust was blocked up and they left there engine running.

It's a shame things like this have to happen. But no doubt this one, being unconnected with the GP, will slip by much more quickly.
Old 24 Sep 2000, 17:35 (Ref:39000)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even more

From motorsport.com:

Quote: INDIANAPOLIS, Saturday, Sept. 23, 2000 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Safety Patrol member William Andis is in guarded yet serious condition at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis after being struck by an automobile this morning outside Gate 2 of the facility, according to Dr. Henry Bock, Speedway medical director.

Andis, 58, from Indianapolis, suffered a fractured pelvis, a fractured neck and a concussion when he was struck at approximately 8:15 a.m. on 16th Street, which parallels the south side of the facility. He underwent surgery for those injuries and has been moved to the Adult Critical Care Unit at Methodist. End quote.

Anyone heard how he's doing? I couldn't find any further reports, although it stated there would be an update at 10 a.m. today.

Old 24 Sep 2000, 20:06 (Ref:39010)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
No - I heard about his injuries, but I haven't heard anything since.