Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Sep 2000, 09:30 (Ref:38555)   #1
robk1982
Rookie

robk1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new toca game seems really good so anyone thinking about bying it should. Why the hell is there an XR falcon on the cover if you cant get one in the game though?Great graphics, and sound, heaps more fun the GT2, but why the XR on the cover.
Old 22 Sep 2000, 09:58 (Ref:38562)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might rent it out at some point, but from the demo I really wasn't impressed - it looked dull, and the racing wasn't particularly interesting. But if someone can persuade me otherwise...
Old 29 Sep 2000, 22:48 (Ref:40124)   #3
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why a Falcon on the cover?

Well, which would be better, a 5.0 Litre V8 or a poxy 2.0Litre Nissan?

Secondary point may be that worldwide, the Aussies may be better than the Super-Tourers
Old 30 Sep 2000, 00:58 (Ref:40134)   #4
robk1982
Rookie

robk1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob you missed the point of it.
There is an XR-falcon on the cover but there aint one in the game. Whats wrong with a 2L nissan anyways???
Old 30 Sep 2000, 12:17 (Ref:40179)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A lot of Aussie blokes criticized Super Tourers and called them gutless little pus boxes, thereby demonstrating an enormous lack of knowledge. The fact is Super Tourers are very sophisticated, highly developed and well engineered and easily capable of beating these yobbo's primer coated LH Toranas and XC Falcons by at least 15 seconds A LAP!!!!
Old 30 Sep 2000, 13:01 (Ref:40187)   #6
bobdrummond
Racer

As someone who's principal interest in motorsport is engineering related, I'm perfectly aware of the sophistication of a Super-Tourer in comparison with an Aussie V8. To digress slightly, I think the BTCC made a fatal mistake in allowing aerodynamic aids to reach their current level.

I'm equally aware that in terms of watching a race as entertainment, a Flintstone-esque V8 driven around The Mountain by the likes of Glen Seaton is light years better than a Mondeo guided around as though on rails. The highlight of the BTCC is Yvan Muller and his ridiculous car control. In Australia, they all drive like that (John Bowe excepted) but race at the same time!
Old 30 Sep 2000, 13:09 (Ref:40190)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Bob, you've misunderstood me, I wasn't knocking the V8 Supercars, i love 'em to bits, I was having a go at the beer swilling flanelette shirted yobbos who make up a disturbingly large portion of their audience. These guys knock the hell out of Super Tourers and honestly believe they could trash one in their ****y old dung barge stret cars.
Old 30 Sep 2000, 15:55 (Ref:40208)   #8
bobdrummond
Racer

I've really made a pigs ear out of this thread, either my misunderstanding the original question or you're last comment.

As for the nature of the Aussie fans, I can't comment except perhaps their remarks are in jest. At least they're not as bad as some Nascar fans (Beered to the gills waiting for the next crash to happen).