Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Sep 2004, 01:43 (Ref:1109948)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no more Lamborghini

it appears the Lamborghini Factory has short changed the team of Krohn-Barbour with little or no factory support (they have been lack luster- even with that V12) and well they are off and away- any one wanna buy 2 loved but used Lambo racers?
"We always knew the Lamborghini would need some development work, being a new race car, but we went into this program having been promised a level of factory support that in my opinion was not delivered."

http://www.motorsportvortex.com/news...cle_5202.shtml
Old 29 Sep 2004, 02:03 (Ref:1109962)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I just read about this over at lmsr.net. Real shame, while obviously needing a bunch more development, they looked and sounded great, and were a welcome addition to a very shallow GT field.

I hope Krohn-Barbour do end up back in the series. Hopefully with something like an LMP2, and not a Porsche (enough of those now, thank you!)
Old 29 Sep 2004, 02:37 (Ref:1109974)   #3
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a shame that lambo didnt keep their promise (or at least from this side of the story) Arent the Euro lambos doing alright...or at least pretty good compared to the KB versions?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 05:07 (Ref:1110000)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Very very bad news IMHO. For the team. For the car. For the championship.

And we now feel concern in France about the DAMS cars : will they follow the same trail ?
Old 29 Sep 2004, 11:00 (Ref:1110181)   #5
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
And we now feel concern in France ..
Not only in France, Fab
Old 29 Sep 2004, 19:36 (Ref:1110617)   #6
Petrick
Rookie

Petrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh no.. That Krohn-Barbour Murcielago was so beauty..
Old 29 Sep 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1110639)   #7
GT1
Racer

GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate it happened but not suprised, the car hasn't lived up to expectations.

The Corvette was essentially built and tired with the thought that the 550 Prodrives would show back up. When they didn't the Corvette had it completely their own way.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 20:53 (Ref:1110659)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im just surprised that the car was so off the pace . It seemed that there was factory support from Audi at one stage , real shame !!!
Old 29 Sep 2004, 22:22 (Ref:1110746)   #9
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy
Arent the Euro lambos doing alright...or at least pretty good compared to the KB versions?
They are I think. At least DAMS made significant progress from Imola to Oschers. I don't see them getting podiums yet this year, but if they keep on developing like this they're definitely going to do good business next year. Competition will be heavy though.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1111033)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
But the car led at Valencia and might have won. What the Hell happened since then? Or is the DAMS driving squad just not up to the job?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1111103)   #11
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well ,i do work a lot with Öhlins suspension and their main trademark is :bags of traction .
Valencia ,Oschersleben ....hm...well...i have some sort of explanation if a car is fast only on a carttrack,and mind you where are the fast corners on both tracks? so i bet the Lambo has a weakness in fast corners ,maybe AerO issues?But who knows....
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:47 (Ref:1111223)   #12
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
There are some new reactions regarding the Krohn-Barbour decision on lmsr.net

Quote:
09/30
> Lamborghini statement on KB withdrawal....Company press
> DAMS source tells lmsr.net that Lambo and Reiter people are always with the team and their contract specifies this. They fully intend to develop the car and move forward in Europe. It seems the level of support is different from what KB experienced.
> A note from David Brabham...Of the end of a good thing....here
I hope things will really work out for DAMS.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1111235)   #13
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
According to Brabham was already a lot better during Petit Le Mans...
Quote:
As for Petit, ironically, the car was as good as we have ever had it. Peter Kox had done some testing in Europe, and they came up with a good set-up. We tried it at Petit and, with a few adjustment, the car was running well. We were still off the pace, but at least the car felt like it was working better.

We felt we had a good race car, and the race proved it. Our third driver, Nic Jonsson, drove really well and kept up the pace in his stints. We could run a good pace for the car, and we waited for others to have problems. They did, and so we were third for quite a while until Peter spun on oil.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1111247)   #14
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
The Lamborghini press release contains the expected marketing talk.
Quote:
"We're sorry that Krohn-Barbour Racing has decided to discontinue racing in the ALMS," commented Lamborghini's marketing manager Manfred Fitzgerald. "The team is at the point where it has gained ground since starting its five-race ALMS campaign, when the cars came 'out of the box' to race for the first time at Mid-Ohio earlier this year. The modifications that Lamborghini and Reiter Engineering recommended to the team as part of our considerable input into the programme have now been implemented and the results of this were seen in recent tests and at Petit Le Mans."
Old 2 Oct 2004, 00:30 (Ref:1112970)   #15
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a race car it made a good museum piece as I heard from a couple of Lambo insiders.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 11:39 (Ref:1113266)   #16
gttouring
Veteran

what is the cars problem....i mean why was it "slow"
Old 2 Oct 2004, 11:41 (Ref:1113272)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
what is the cars problem....i mean why was it "slow"
Lack of development?
Old 2 Oct 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1113355)   #18
gttouring
Veteran

oh thanks Fire i had no idea....
where was Development lacking?
the motor clearly has the Stones to really move the car, so here may be less a problem- the chassis stiffness?
the mechanical grip? or the aero dynamic- the rear wing was way to small as rules stick it to the car, so why not fine tune the car else where? or was it tyre development for this car Gearbox?
and if this is not a good GTS challenger will the gallardo V10 make it into GT?
Old 2 Oct 2004, 14:43 (Ref:1113384)   #19
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from what i gather the engine was not powerful enough due to the restrictor rules, and audi didnt want to spend the time devoloping the engine to overcome the rules. the car itself also needed some chassis improvements to make the car more tossable into corners, but from what i understand the car was very stable when set up correctly
Old 2 Oct 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1113409)   #20
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to a member of the DAMS Lambo driving team the Murcie needs to have:
New Michelins suited to a mid-engined car
Improved aero
More horsepower

All those will be addressed by 2005. Incidentally, on the DAMS pits there was one Dindo Capello, so I think there is no doubt that Audi Sport is helping.

PS The ALMS version required much more extras like carbon brakes.
Old 2 Oct 2004, 15:53 (Ref:1113429)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is Audi helping DAMS but not giving support to teams overseas?
Old 2 Oct 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1113496)   #22
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but won't the FIA-GT lambos need carbon brakes in 2005 when the rules become unified? or will the new rules require steel brakes?
Old 4 Oct 2004, 06:58 (Ref:1114587)   #23
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Audi will no longer just stand outside and look on,that is a fact.
Of course this will bring the project forward but also there´s no hope to keep the costs in prospect as I´m sure a lot of development is still necesary.
Tyre development ?At least Pirelli should have a tyre suitable for a mid engined car.
Old 4 Oct 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1114918)   #24
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pirelli does have a tyre more that suitable, but DAMS wants Michelins. What did Reiter use in Valencia?
Old 4 Oct 2004, 14:27 (Ref:1114938)   #25
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Go_For_Pole
What did Reiter use in Valencia?
Michelin

Last edited by KA; 4 Oct 2004 at 14:29.