Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Mar 2002, 15:41 (Ref:228547)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
No motoring cavalcades this year ?

When I read the programm of Le Mans for this year, I find no trace of any "goldies" before the 24 hours race...

It could be an Euroserie Formule France... :confused:

What's that ? The Legend Race last year was trumendous (remember Stirling Moss ?)... and the Ferrari and Maserati race in 2000...

I hoped to see David Piper again, with the special Le Mans Start...

Sob...
Old 5 Mar 2002, 19:39 (Ref:228719)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't believe that we're just going to get some minor league local event (apologies for the description, but....) prior to the main event, surely? The Legends race last year was a magnificent spectacle, but I guess it won't be repeated because of September's Classic Le Mans event.

Surely there will be some kind of cavalcade of past winners?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 5 Mar 2002 at 19:40.
Old 5 Mar 2002, 20:37 (Ref:228774)   #3
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every year that I have been has seen a drive past of assorted entries.

The early morning race has varied from Porsche cup, Lambo's, Renault V6's to last years historic. Most do not attract large crowds due to the lap lenth and short races. Most people come to see the main event all the build up and so on. Even F1's would be a side show. Last years event was about the best I have seen. Although most I have missed prefering a lie in before the big race.

SL
Old 5 Mar 2002, 22:08 (Ref:228835)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A "lie-in"? Come off it SL! You mean nursing the hang-over from Friday night, surely?
Old 5 Mar 2002, 22:22 (Ref:228851)   #5
SL
Veteran

OK Yeah a small, very small 'does not want to move my head from the pillow' theory does apply here. But the noise between my ears is often caused by the fireworks from my co campers (Abs pleaae note) and my teamates wanting to pursue the lowerlifes of the funfair yet again. Despite my pleas of bed sweet bed.

I'm sure it is never, never, ever, ever due to not enough or too many beers. Is there such a thing ?

SL
Old 5 Mar 2002, 22:51 (Ref:228875)   #6
Abs
Rookie

Abs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
But the noise between my ears is often caused by the fireworks from my co campers (Abs pleaae note) and my teamates wanting to pursue the lowerlifes of the funfair yet again. Despite my pleas of bed sweet bed.
SL
Oh SL, I had had you down as the main culprit of the noise, us Pie Eaters are such a quiet and retiring bunch we would struggle to get up for the race if we didn't turn in about 10.30 after our nice coco!!

Can't wait for June!!
Old 6 Mar 2002, 22:08 (Ref:229600)   #7
SL
Veteran

Yeah right,

You lot camp in Houx Annex I think. Who was the b***ers who set the fireworks off from the toilet block roof ?? I think it was not the Pie Eaters then. The Brethen ??

If you are in the Annex let us know and we will pop over for a beer case or two Friday night.
Old 6 Mar 2002, 22:19 (Ref:229612)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
If you are in the Annex let us know and we will pop over for a beer case or two Friday night.

See, I was right.......!!
Old 6 Mar 2002, 23:47 (Ref:229661)   #9
Abs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by SL
We will be some where in the Annexe, we usually end up in the second field at the top (nice lot of bushes around, and not to long a walk to the blocks!)

Have to make sure we catch up later nearer the time, it would be good to share a few cases.
Old 8 Mar 2002, 12:53 (Ref:230804)   #10
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't be misled by SL's mutterings about drinking, he is in fact a tea total vicar from mid sussex, you will find him lurking by the strip joints trying to convert the queue into god fearing people.

SL, I am still waiting for the fiver, or you ticket goes to the highest bidder.......

Abs. was it you lot who had the guys leathers up the pole?
Old 8 Mar 2002, 14:37 (Ref:230880)   #11
Abs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Abs. was it you lot who had the guys leathers up the pole?
No nothing to do with us, even though I have heard the story about it (I have copied the posting from Club Arnage explaining what was happening) mad people!!!

""Yeah we had a good time as ever. For some of us it was our 13th year so we're getting a bit old for it. The biker up the flag pole was as a result of one of the group doing too big a wheelie on the way down and breaking his collar bone. He left his lid & leathers when he went back to the UK from hospital so we felt we had to honour him by hoisting his "remains" 40 feet up. Flag pole, big fire, Sodium Chlorate (Weed killer from carrefour to get the fire going) & fireworks are all essential ingredients. Trust everybody enjoyed the fireworks Sunday evening - there was £370 up in smoke there.""
Old 9 Mar 2002, 11:16 (Ref:231566)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Don't be misled by SL's mutterings about drinking, he is in fact a tea total vicar from mid sussex, you will find him lurking by the strip joints trying to convert the queue into god fearing people.
I should have guessed that SL was pure of both body and spirit..........