Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 Jan 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1213713)   #1
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TVR in LMES/ Le Mans

Anyone know the history/ differences between the various Tuscan T400's running at the moment...
I understand there are only a few cars actually homologated to run so I assumed they'd all be the same spec, but the Synergy cars seemed quite a bit quicker than the De Walt car last year...
Do we think this was down to the driving force or was there a tyre/other difference?
Also the Synergy cars are refered to as "wide track"???
Always thought they looked like fun things to drive, yet surprisingly slow compared to 911's... is it possible they'll get a restrictor break this year?
Cheers
RickP
Old 31 Jan 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1213720)   #2
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Rick, someone posted a very similar question on the DSC forums here. BTW, congrats on the Courage C65 deal, I'm sure you can't wait to drive that baby!

Last edited by TerryC; 31 Jan 2005 at 12:32.
Old 31 Jan 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1213735)   #3
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There are currently seven TVR T400R racecars (4 x LNT Racing, One RSS, One Eclipse and One CDL with the first five currently expected to race in 2005)

My understanding is that all four of the LNT ( 2 ex Synergy, 2 ex RSR cars) will run in the same spec this season. The wide track conversion was allowable within the GT2 rules but since road car production is not fully underway my guess would be that the restrictor stays.
Old 31 Jan 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1213867)   #4
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding is that there can only ever be 3 ACO homologated cars due to the road-car issues and my logic extended to the assumption that these were the 3 cars raced in LMES last year (2 * Purple and 1 * DeWalt).
The question then was why was the DeWalt car so much slower? And will they all be more competitive vs the 911's if they start building road cars?
Sorry Terry, I'm not allowed to comment on the Courage deal at this time. You know I would if I could...
Rick
Old 31 Jan 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1213875)   #5
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the DeWalt car wasn't on the same spec level as the Purple (RSR) cars last year. The wide track purple cars were developed above the normal TVRs, so they would be quicker. The DeWalt car last year (2004) wasn't one of the cars that had run in DeWalt colours for Synergy/Chamberlain the year before (2003 at Le Mans and Spa 1000Km)

I'm pretty sure the purple cars were more highly developed compared to the other TVRs racing in Europe. Which will explain the lap time difference. That and the peddlars!
Old 31 Jan 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1213895)   #6
Veteran

England
Zurich
Cool, think that's cured my curiosity, what about the restrictor though? If the Russian starts building a few cars, do they all get to go quicker?
Old 2 Feb 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1215661)   #7
guadixtesting
Rookie

Spain
Spain
guadixtesting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TVR Tuscan R, T400

The first car was an evolution of the Cerbera Speed 6 raced by Rollcentre. It was competitive straight out of the box. It was then sold to Gareth Evans who commissioned Bert Taylor's CDL to run the car. The car is still owned by Gareth and is now at Bob Berridge's Speed Sport concern.

The second car was run by Race Sport Salisbury for Richard Stanton and Steve Hyde.

The third car is currently for sale and is owned by Eclipse.

The two Le Mans cars were built for Race Sport Salisbury to run at Le Mans with help from TVR and Chamberlain. The cars were then bought by Bob Berridge who ran them under the banner of Synergy-Chamberlain. One unusual fact is that the bodywork for these two cars is not interchangeable between the two! The cars were then sold to LNT.

Laurence Tomlinson bought 2 new cars as TVR T400's for the 2004 season however these are not as developed as the ex RSS/Chamberlain-Synergy cars. All 4 are now being rebuilt for the 2005 season to the same standard.

TVR are now developing the Sagaris for GT racing.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1216861)   #8
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Almost entirely correct other than the fact that the first car was the Stanton / Hyde car with the rollcentre car following very soon afterwards
Old 4 Feb 2005, 07:34 (Ref:1217176)   #9
Veteran

England
Zurich
Fantastic detail guys... anyone know the question on the restrictor though? Do they get to go faster if they build more cars?