Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Apr 2016, 08:48 (Ref:3636419)   #51
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
If they can finally get hold of VJM I think creditors will chase around the world after assets and it depends how they are all structured. As Mike says it is all well and good having assets but if they can't be realised or only sold undervalued then generally there are no winners.

This has been rumbling along for several years and it has taken this long to get to where they are with VJM, wherever that is!
Old 26 Apr 2016, 09:06 (Ref:3636423)   #52
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
He's got $quillions in assets all over the world....http://www.bornrich.com/vijay-mallya.html

If he's smart he will another passport from some country of convenience.
Old 26 Apr 2016, 09:47 (Ref:3636426)   #53
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
He's got $quillions in assets all over the world....http://www.bornrich.com/vijay-mallya.html

If he's smart he will another passport from some country of convenience.
I don't know when that article was written, but it is hopelessly out of date. He no longer owns or controls an airline nor a brewery, and he was booted out of the alcohol business by Diageo recently.

However, although he may be the beneficial owner of some rather nice assets, it is very difficult to actually pin them all down because they are all nominally owned via various nominee controlled companies in opaque tax havens. However, he is not as wealthy now as he was a few years ago, and in fact it may well be that most of his assets might be secured against some serious loans. I think that his empire might be starting to unwind.

He is currently in the UK in one of his homes here, but is not answering to enquiries. It is not believed that he has access to any other passports, and so for the time being he is stuck here, hiding from the Indian authorities. All a great loss to the z-list celebs who liked to attend his lavish parties; it looks likely that the big bash on his yacht at Monaco will not take place this year, or if it does, he will be missing.
Old 11 May 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3640905)   #54
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
So So!! The UK Govt has turned down the deportation request....

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns33794.html

What goes on now then? Bet he gets a UK passport...
Old 11 May 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3640914)   #55
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
So So!! The UK Govt has turned down the deportation request....

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns33794.html

What goes on now then? Bet he gets a UK passport...
The Home Secretary has declined to action a deportation as he arrived in this country legally. However, the Home Office has advised the Indian government that it would assist them if they made a formal extradition plea to the UK courts. The next move is up to India.

And I very much doubt that he would be offered a British passport, because that would cause a huge stink.

Talking of passports, I needed to renew mine. Took the old one and the application form into the local Post Office last Thursday, and the new one was put through the letter box by a courier before 8 am this morning. Can't complain about that service.
Old 13 May 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3641473)   #56
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
He could always hide in the Ecuadorian Embassy...
Old 14 May 2016, 03:34 (Ref:3641505)   #57
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
He could always hide in the Ecuadorian Embassy...
I think they're full booked this week.
Old 17 May 2016, 17:45 (Ref:3642436)   #58
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Disappointing to see Alfonso Celis Jr in the car for both of the Barcelona test days. Not much in his career so far to suggest he's anything special, so I can only assume this is about £££.
Old 17 May 2016, 18:36 (Ref:3642447)   #59
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Disappointing to see Alfonso Celis Jr in the car for both of the Barcelona test days. Not much in his career so far to suggest he's anything special, so I can only assume this is about £££.
Maybe but FI have always been good at running new drivers be testing or FP1 at GPs. Also teams have to run new drivers for at least 2 days at the in season or post season tests if my memory serves me correctly.
Old 17 May 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3642473)   #60
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
They do, but Celis's previous single-seater record is pretty unimpressive.
Old 14 Oct 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3680007)   #61
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thought i would give this a bump.

despite the problems facing it's owners (which seems to have really toned down or at least within F1 circles) the team is looking to secure 4th in the constructors and have allowed both their drivers a great level of freedom in order to explore other options.

Perez has of course chosen to stay on but they have now released the Hulk from his contract so that he is free to move on (although i dont know if Renault had to pay for the privilege).

the team and the factory have done a tremendous job with a smaller budget and less in terms of facilities compared to Williams...no small feat!

must say i am extremely impressed with how FI have conducted themselves this year (and for the last several years really).

say what you will about their owners but the team is all class imo!
Old 14 Oct 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3680008)   #62
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
So who will partner Pérez next year? Ocon? Wehrlein?
Old 15 Oct 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3680194)   #63
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes one of both. Wehrlein has more support from Mercedes, but Ocon knows Force India very well
Old 15 Oct 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3680195)   #64
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I think if I had to pick, I'd go for Ocon, by the narrowest of margins. True, Wehrlein has scored a point, but I just feel he's lacked a certain spark.
Old 15 Oct 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3680218)   #65
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I assume Wehrlein or Ocon.
Old 15 Oct 2016, 15:04 (Ref:3680230)   #66
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Or how about Giovinazzi with Galeal backing as an outside bet?!
Old 15 Oct 2016, 15:06 (Ref:3680233)   #67
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I suppose the decision lies with Mercedes, to an extent.
Old 15 Oct 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3680278)   #68
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
So...what's the news on Vijay? It's all gone very quiet. Did the UK block the extradition? Must of done. There seems to have been a news block...
Old 15 Oct 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3680306)   #69
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it doesn't look like they *can* request extradition...

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bring...y-help-1445527
Old 16 Oct 2016, 19:27 (Ref:3680736)   #70
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it doesn't look like they *can* request extradition...

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bring...y-help-1445527
The wheels of justice turn exceedingly slow......
Old 17 Oct 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3680886)   #71
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I suppose the decision lies with Mercedes, to an extent.
And if the engine bills are up to date....?
Old 17 Oct 2016, 15:43 (Ref:3680933)   #72
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
And if the engine bills are up to date....?
Then it would depend in part how much Mercedes are willing to reduce its engine price (if at all).
Old 17 Oct 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3680944)   #73
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i am assuming they did get some money by letting the Hulk out of his contract early and Perez brings sponsorship with him...obviously more money/discounted engines help but 'bringing money/pay drivers' doesnt seem to be a requirement at FI.

looking at their past lineups, they genuinely take the best drivers available to them and then go on about competing within the teams existing funding level.

also, is there anything to suggest that they are behind in their payments to merc?
Old 17 Oct 2016, 17:31 (Ref:3680948)   #74
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
They certainly seem to have a pretty healthy sponsorship package (albeit quite dependent on booze).
Old 17 Oct 2016, 18:18 (Ref:3680957)   #75
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
They certainly seem to have a pretty healthy sponsorship package (albeit quite dependent on booze).
One has to wonder how long that that can continue, though. The alcohol money came principally from companies that Mallya had a relationship with via his shareholding. Now that that shareholding has been appropriated by his creditors in lieu of some of his debts, there must be a strong possibility that the funding will end at the end of the contract, and not be renewed. And most of those sponsors were part of his Indian portfolio, and he can't go back there currently without being thrown into prison.

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1