Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Aug 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2741201)   #176
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Wow, that was an amazing race!.
If the ALMS can keep up just half of that action, and a stream to europe, I will be watching the rest of the season for sure!.
This race is exactly what the ALMS needs to keep going.
And to all those against the "support for privateers instead of big manufactures" - haha, this is what privateers can do, and what manufactures can't.
My thoughts as well. It's a shame so many keep saying doom and gloom. The formula works; it creates extraordinary races like the one today.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 23:33 (Ref:2741202)   #177
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Dyson! It's does the soul good to see such hard work FINALLY get rewarded. Hindy probably wasn't too far off on saying that the Dyson squad probably has the most heart out of all the competitors. Way to go!

Say what you will about the spec classes, but I can't complain about what they put on today. The race was about as good as the Laguna Seca race. Wonderful!

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 7 Aug 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2741203)   #178
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to say, I'm looking forward to seeing what the docu-drama is going to make of this. I liked what they did with Laguna, and this was a more exciting race.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 00:57 (Ref:2741214)   #179
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
My thoughts as well. It's a shame so many keep saying doom and gloom. The formula works; it creates extraordinary races like the one today.
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Wow, that was an amazing race!.
If the ALMS can keep up just half of that action, and a stream to europe, I will be watching the rest of the season for sure!.
This race is exactly what the ALMS needs to keep going.
And to all those against the "support for privateers instead of big manufactures" - haha, this is what privateers can do, and what manufactures can't.
I started to write something but I don't feel like having 2 or 3 pages worth of argument because you two wanna say its sunny outside.

Que up Sheryl Crow for these two.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2741218)   #180
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe we would have seen much more racing like today if that Mazda motor were reliable. Dyson are a truly professional outfit and have the ability to compete on a high level. Maybe all the criticism that's been heaped on that Mazda motor in the media and on this forum has gotten someone's ire up and the Mazda engineers are finally getting their pride hurt enough to start getting that engine to function at a reliability level needed to compete. Hopefully, we will see more of this in the next few races.

DK
Old 8 Aug 2010, 01:44 (Ref:2741221)   #181
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
You seriously did not just base 2011 Prototype speed on a chassis that is 5 years old and an engine that is running for the first time.
Yes I did BECAUSE I wrote in the fudge factor of SMIDGE. Geez....The Radical wasn't that far off a few years ago. AND I KNOW it's the Eco team with a new name, but c'mon....the lmpc rigs were faster in Q.

Anyhow, Smidge CLEARLY grants me any leeway I need to 'adjust' this comment next spring.

dh
Old 8 Aug 2010, 02:16 (Ref:2741223)   #182
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I believe we would have seen much more racing like today if that Mazda motor were reliable. Dyson are a truly professional outfit and have the ability to compete on a high level. Maybe all the criticism that's been heaped on that Mazda motor in the media and on this forum has gotten someone's ire up and the Mazda engineers are finally getting their pride hurt enough to start getting that engine to function at a reliability level needed to compete. Hopefully, we will see more of this in the next few races.

DK
You can only wish... They have some tracks in their favor coming up with the speed of that car.

Intersport, what else can you say? The next two will be fast for them as well, but with the same reliability issues, I don't expect anything but an hour in the lead and then something happen on pit lane causing delay or retirement.

Unlike Intersport they have an interesting off-season coming up.

Do they stay and get crushed or move down and at least be competitive?

By mandating production engines and chassis prices, P2 is really setting up to be for well-equipped privateer teams. This is really where they belong if they aren't going to spend the money to really be competitive week in and week out.

I also think for 2011, if everybody that current has a LMPC is willing to move up to LMP2 and update the cars, they should keep the spec tires and the one wheel gun rule.

This keeps the racing close. I believe all the production engines will be around 500hp, so it will keep the racing close without adding too many variables.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 02:35 (Ref:2741225)   #183
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Well done to Dyson! Sounds like it was a really good race across the classes.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 04:29 (Ref:2741234)   #184
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Well done to Dyson! Sounds like it was a really good race across the classes.
I expect in about a week the stream will be available to watch again.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2741292)   #185
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=live

You have to register, but the quality is brilliant.
I obviously messed up somewhere, I got live timing after registering but could not find a way to get pictures, should I have been able to do this? I made do with Radio Le Mans and the timing screen, great race.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 10:12 (Ref:2741294)   #186
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great race, thanks ALMS 2 closes finishes and battles everywhere, by far the most beautiful race this season in sports cars !! happy for Dyson, finally it come, happy for Risi too, what a move from Melo !
Old 8 Aug 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2741518)   #187
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
I obviously messed up somewhere, I got live timing after registering but could not find a way to get pictures, should I have been able to do this? I made do with Radio Le Mans and the timing screen, great race.
Initially, I had the same problem, but then went into it via the ALMS site and it worked. Don't know what difference it made, but it worked for me.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 21:23 (Ref:2741593)   #188
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Just a note, I wonder what the crowd count was today?

The stands on the back-straight were not full today as they were not yesterday.

So it seems the ALMS draws about equal to Indy Car.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2741601)   #189
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

That would be interesting to know, but I doubt accurate numbers exist. They could tell you how many weekend tickets they sold, but that doesn't tell you when the fan was there.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2741657)   #190
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That would be interesting to know, but I doubt accurate numbers exist. They could tell you how many weekend tickets they sold, but that doesn't tell you when the fan was there.

When Champcar was beginning to die, they still pulled in 60 to 85k in the stands. But TV ratings were abysmal. During that period, the irl never posted attendance but if they were even 1% better on the tube, they sent out press releases all over the place.

Somewhere on the Web, way back in time, if you search for the Day Rahal Letterman took Danica over to the irl, I was posting it was the deathknell of Champcar. She may never equal many of the current drivers in talent, but she brings EYEBALLS where-ever she goes.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2741780)   #191
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Initially, I had the same problem, but then went into it via the ALMS site and it worked. Don't know what difference it made, but it worked for me.
Tried that but with no joy. Now I want to see the race on TV, is it coming on UK TV, anybody know?
Old 9 Aug 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2741790)   #192
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Tried that but with no joy. Now I want to see the race on TV, is it coming on UK TV, anybody know?
Aug 15th, the stream should be available around the same time.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2742019)   #193
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

Just a guess, but I would say that there were 25% more fans there for the Indycar race. Very nice crowds for both races though.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2742030)   #194
old man
Veteran

England
UK
Found it, should be on Motors TV, Sat 14th at 16.10
Old 11 Aug 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2743248)   #195
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stream is now availible for your viewing pleasure.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2743253)   #196
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Stream is now availible for your viewing pleasure.
Where?
Old 11 Aug 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2743258)   #197
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://live.todocast.tv/template.lms...mber=TDC-E1274

WARNING The end of race positions are shown just below the video window so squint your eyes until you have signed in & clicked full screen
Old 11 Aug 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2743264)   #198
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or, log in through the ALMS site (here ), then hit the TODOCAST logo in the upper left, go to their home page and select it, about third on the left.

L.P.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2744940)   #199
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just watched the cbs coverage, and I think they did another fine job with the docu style. The extra pit chatter that you don't get during a live broadcast was great. It made me wonder if some of the guys fogot they were mic'ed up - Bobby Rahal had some good comments.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 21:53 (Ref:2744953)   #200
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would agree. For what it is, it is done well and provides a different aspect to the overall.

L.P.