Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Sep 2000, 11:02 (Ref:37294)   #1
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember a couple of races ago, there was serious rumours of Newey going to Ferarri. Not only was I suprised at the low salary he currently commands($US4 million), but also his desire to go to Ferarri. OK he has never explicitly said that he wants to leave Mclaren, but he has said that he dreams of one day designing a champion Ferarri. Not only would Ferarri have a genius designing their cars, but imagine all the secrets he could bring to Ferarri from McLaren. Now I've read that Ferrari spend up to $200 million a year on F1, and if they're not prepared to spend $5,$10 hell even $15 million a year on Newey then I say their stupid.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 13:11 (Ref:37320)   #2
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10-15 could be a bit much. He'd be on more than most of the drivers!!!

Rumour suggests Jaguar are after him too. Let the bidding commence!
Old 16 Sep 2000, 11:47 (Ref:37504)   #3
neutral
Racer

Maybe too much for Jaguar, but Ferarri dont know what the term budget means. Ok 15 is pushing it but I think 10 would still be reasonable for a man of his talents.
Old 16 Sep 2000, 14:55 (Ref:37517)   #4
Racer X
Rookie

Racer X should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I heard a rumor that he may be going to Ferrari next season, and they are willing to pay up to $30 mil. That much for a designer makes me wonder what kind of figures the pit crew is pulling in.
Old 16 Sep 2000, 15:10 (Ref:37518)   #5
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newey would be as much if-not-more-so important than TGF to Ferrari.

BTW Don't count out Jaguar. Their budget could be potentially infinite in the next few years, much like FIAT/Ferrari, Honda/BAT/BAR and ChryslerBenz/McLaren
Old 16 Sep 2000, 17:01 (Ref:37521)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
But...

Would Newey really want to go to Jaguar? They haven't exactly been setting the world alight this year, have they?
Old 16 Sep 2000, 22:06 (Ref:37563)   #7
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I was going to say the only thing they've set alight are their engines, but those Jags can't even retire in style.

Old 17 Sep 2000, 00:56 (Ref:37593)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar may not have set the world aliight this season, but don't expect them to flounder for long. Rahal has superb organizational skills, and bringing him to Europe is a sign that the parent company is steadfast in their desire to succede. Jag=Tradition,(though perhaps pre-fabricated) and Ford=$

Working for Ferrari would mean moving to Italy, work for Jaguar means staying at home. At Ferrari he would would be one more chapter in the Ferrari History, at Jaguar, he would be the seed of any success.

Perhaps the question to ask is " Why wouldn't he go to Jaguar?"
Old 17 Sep 2000, 08:14 (Ref:37621)   #9
neutral
Racer

Because no matter how good he makes that Jag, theres no way in hell Eddie or Burti could bring in the championship. By going to Ferarri, not only would he join the most prestigious team in F1, and make loads of money in the process, but his streak of producing drivers championships would inevitably continue with MS. Also imagine the headline "What Shui couldnt do in 5 years, Newey done in 1".
Old 17 Sep 2000, 08:59 (Ref:37624)   #10
f1ciamp
Rookie

f1ciamp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if ferrari lose the champ. again, they will pay anithing for newy, man the italians patience is gonna end sooner or later, but if shmmi wins this year, boy whats ganna bee hapening in italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a pitty im in the states now, maybee i shuld fly in to celebrate!
well its still a verrrrryyyy big "if" ,im sure after indy we will have a clearer idea of whats happening.