Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Apr 2022, 08:57 (Ref:4107233)   #101
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good old Sky you can always rely on them to miss the action.
Old 19 Apr 2022, 11:10 (Ref:4107246)   #102
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Good old Sky you can always rely on them to miss the action.
Nothing to do with Sky ...... they were taking the live feed from SRO/GT World.
Overall, thought that the coverage was pretty good really
Old 21 Apr 2022, 08:00 (Ref:4107471)   #103
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Flickr galleries now here - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzLrEP

Race one from Britten's / Race two from Cascades / Knickerbrook
Old 21 Apr 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4107476)   #104
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Nice - love the shot of the flying Bentley (DSC_8033)

I've never been to Oulton but it looks like a great circuit for photgraphy.
Old 21 Apr 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4107478)   #105
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is ! I have mixed feelings about "flying" cars. Great photos, but not really how they should be driven, is it ?

However, queues to get in (despite leaving a decent margin) meant that we ended up at the Knickerbrook entrance and needed to head to Britten's for the light. The sun was shining and we wouldn't have got to the outside of Cascades for the blurred people in the background shot for Race 1. We got there for Race 2 and it rained on us !
Old 21 Apr 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4107479)   #106
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
Nothing to do with Sky ...... they were taking the live feed from SRO/GT World.
Overall, thought that the coverage was pretty good really
Right, I thought the commentary was good especially given the circumstances, but in this day and age, to miss a major incident like that isn't very good, in my opinion.
Old 21 Apr 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4107480)   #107
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Right, I thought the commentary was good especially given the circumstances, but in this day and age, to miss a major incident like that isn't very good, in my opinion.
A related aspect, on the ground. PA was either very quiet or working intermittently in some areas at Britten's (I do get the local sensitivities). Commentators also had issues with feedback on pit liane mic (just like DP the week before for GT Cup). Not exactly new tech unless something has changed ?

However, PA issue could have been managed by having the 87.7 radio working (which it wasn't for Race 1 when I tried). Tweet to OP and BGT failed to elicit a response.

Of course, there is TSL option (assume that was working ?), but it's delayed when in hearing of PA and, more importantly, phone signal was challenged with the big crowd. BSB radio at Silverstone the day before was excellent by comparison.
Old 21 Apr 2022, 22:07 (Ref:4107543)   #108
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Optimium Motorsport entering the Silverstone 500 for a second year, this time with their slightly lesser spotted duo of Joe Osborne and Nick Moss
Old 22 Apr 2022, 08:03 (Ref:4107561)   #109
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am thinking of maybe going to the Silverstone 500 on Sunday only.

How easy is to get to the track from Milton Keynes railway station and how long does it take?

I saw there are some buses running from there to the track. Are there any other services available just for this event?

Thank you in advance
Old 27 Apr 2022, 08:09 (Ref:4108198)   #110
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2018 Champions Flick Haigh and Jonny Adam are returning to the Championship from Silverstone in 2 Seas Mercedes-AMG GT3.

I can' remember Jonny Adam driving anything else but an Aston Martin.

https://britishgt.com/news/824/histo...gn-with-2-seas
Old 27 Apr 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4108218)   #111
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
2018 Champions Flick Haigh and Jonny Adam are returning to the Championship from Silverstone in 2 Seas Mercedes-AMG GT3.

I can' remember Jonny Adam driving anything else but an Aston Martin.

https://britishgt.com/news/824/histo...gn-with-2-seas
His first time I believe, the fact that both Johnny and Nicky Thiim are in non AMR cars this year says a lot about the poor form AMR are experiencing in GT3 at the moment.
Old 29 Apr 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4108397)   #112
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another McLaren for next weekend as a one off Entry.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...00-outing.html
Old 29 Apr 2022, 18:08 (Ref:4108438)   #113
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Pictures from Oulton Park here: https://bit.ly/3F234F1

These taken during Friday testing and Saturday practice, a lot of track time over several sessions enabling me to explore the whole circuit. The result is over 40 different shots of a brilliant entry list at a very pretty circuit.

Enjoy!

For want of anywhere else to post them, here also is a link to pictures from the British Endurance Championships (formerly Britcar) at Oulton Park in early April: https://bit.ly/3s2HACx. This was a slightly disappointing day as the entry list was a little thin and there were significant red flag delays, but there are still some unusual cars here, including a Vulcan, Taranis and BMW Z4. The Pragas have their own grid this year, which is a decision I believe has not worked: there were only 9 Pragas in their race, a number wich would have beeen a lovely additon to the main field but made for a poor standalone race.

Last edited by Anyopenroad; 29 Apr 2022 at 18:14.
Old 3 May 2022, 08:19 (Ref:4108735)   #114
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Andrew Howard will race the Paddock Motorsport Mclaren at Silverstone! Seems very strange to have him drive something other than an Aston Martin
Old 3 May 2022, 15:33 (Ref:4108784)   #115
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hmm I wonder if there are deeper issues arising within Aston's GT customer liasion?
Old 3 May 2022, 16:40 (Ref:4108793)   #116
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think it is any secret that Aston are no longer interested in GT racing.
Old 3 May 2022, 21:47 (Ref:4108831)   #117
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Andrew Howard will race the Paddock Motorsport Mclaren at Silverstone! Seems very strange to have him drive something other than an Aston Martin
Howard is still active with Beechdean AMR, they just stepped up to GTEC endurance

As for his seat in the macca this weekend, hes filling in for Kelvin who is expecting twins at the weekend..

And Kelvin/Martin raced for Beechdean in GT4 a few years back so it all connects quieter happily, not quite sure it’s a sign of a major collapse at AMR.

That said, it is right to say that GT racing is no longer of concern for AMR…. Let’s see if that mindset continues for long if their F1 form keeps as it is
Old 4 May 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4108918)   #118
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know when they will be putting up the entry list and preview for Silverstone? It's now Wednesday and there's absolutely nothing - they normally put it up on a Monday before the event
Old 8 May 2022, 10:33 (Ref:4109213)   #119
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If i understand it correctly from the commentary because the result of the GT3 class Oulton Park race 2 is being appealed in court later on in the year, there are no time penalties to be served in the GT3 pitstops at Silverstone. The time penalties will be applied to the result once the result of the court appeal is known. Really really messy

Last edited by tux; 8 May 2022 at 11:01.
Old 9 May 2022, 08:05 (Ref:4109339)   #120
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I matched to watch quite a bit of the race yesterday on Sky and I have to say it was really good race and had my interested right up until the end. I know Silverstone is big circuit but it did look there was a good number of fans dotted around the circuit.
Old 9 May 2022, 08:32 (Ref:4109344)   #121
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I matched to watch quite a bit of the race yesterday on Sky and I have to say it was really good race and had my interested right up until the end. I know Silverstone is big circuit but it did look there was a good number of fans dotted around the circuit.
I'm not sure why GT racing doesn't have the general appeal that other forms of racing have but it isn't helped when you're at a large circuit such as Silverstone and there are no giant TV screens to see what is going on elsewhere on the track. It really is as if the fans don't matter one iota.
Old 9 May 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4109348)   #122
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
I'm not sure why GT racing doesn't have the general appeal that other forms of racing have but it isn't helped when you're at a large circuit such as Silverstone and there are no giant TV screens to see what is going on elsewhere on the track. It really is as if the fans don't matter one iota.
It did have appeal at Oulton Park on Easter Monday as we slowly queued to get in ... or perhaps it's something to do with the environment / ambiance in which it is presented.

As I have said before elsewhere, I am sure that the challenge of driving Silverstone quickly is one the drivers relish. Unless you simply want to "have been there", it's less attractive for us humble spectators.
Old 9 May 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4109364)   #123
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Silverstone is probably the track I hate most to be at, they really couldn't care about fan experience for most things that are there. Very few grandstands open, and not really the ones that are interesting, man stood on the gate at Club but you couldn't get in that way, campsite not opened...it's all very small stuff, but when you compare it to MSV tracks or even places like Pembrey then it's very poor for what claims to be the home of British motorsport.

The whole experience of going to Silverstone is just clunky, even stuff like tickets where you have to go to their website to download, and a weekend ticket is actually a ticket for each day (which I hadn't realised so had to download at the gate). I know it's not a huge deal, but it all just irritates. There was still a fair crowd though, was a reasonable queue to get in on Sunday morning.

Race was pretty good, spent the first couple hours at the end of the Wing building so saw all the lap 1 incident. Looked to me like Cottingham just gave too much of a squeeze expecting Neary to disappear, then didn't jump on the brakes so rolled back into Loggie. Bit of a shame to lose two quick cars straight away, but was good watching Neary's come back through and at least there's some reasonable depth in GT3 this year.
Old 9 May 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4109372)   #124
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
With Silverstone no longer hosting WEC, ELMS, GTWC or GT Open (all of which I attended there in 2019) and all other series easily seen at other UK tracks, I will not be at Silverstone at all this year and probably longer.

F1, MotoGP and Classic - done them, no desire to repeat.
Old 9 May 2022, 10:52 (Ref:4109375)   #125
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
With Silverstone no longer hosting WEC, ELMS, GTWC or GT Open (all of which I attended there in 2019) and all other series easily seen at other UK tracks, I will not be at Silverstone at all this year and probably longer.

F1, MotoGP and Classic - done them, no desire to repeat.
I only went this weekend because it looked like the only BGT event I could make this year, all it did was cement my previous opinion of Silverstone.

Rally does look like the circuit exists purely for F1, MotoGP and Classic, with little regard for anything else in terms of racing.