Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jul 2002, 18:12 (Ref:341804)   #1
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frentzen to race 2004 Jordan?

It's beleived int eh paddock that eddie Jordans attempts to sign Frentzen weren't for temporary role, they were for a permanent switch.

HHF can't join yet as legal constraints prevent him doing so, but he says that he will be happy to join, and that he is close to agreeing terms.

This has rose as EJ is expecting to loose at least 1 of his drivers.
Old 24 Jul 2002, 18:15 (Ref:341807)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I find it very bizarre that EJ would be hot to re-sign the man he fired a year ago...

Unless.....

The terms of the conflict resolution are so egregious as to neccessitate that EJ pay HHF to drive for him, rather than to pay him to drive for another team.
Old 24 Jul 2002, 18:34 (Ref:341831)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... where did you get this information, Reido ??
Old 24 Jul 2002, 18:48 (Ref:341849)   #4
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its understood that Deutsche Post is urging both parties to settle their dispute. Eddie has been clear about the fact that he (and probably Deutsche Post) where the active party in trying to get HHF to compete in the French GP, and he has stated that he will try again if Fisichella fails to make it in Hockenheim (which he won't).

Frentzens Arrows-outings were better for his career than it would seem from the outside.
Old 24 Jul 2002, 18:57 (Ref:341857)   #5
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
guess so but the last i heard was that the new owners of Minardi were after him for 2003. Prince Khaled Al Waleed is taking over the team and is appointing Brendan McGuiness as day to day manager. McGuiness wants HHF to join the team and partner irish driver Damien Faulkner.
Old 24 Jul 2002, 19:00 (Ref:341863)   #6
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the size of the egos (or maybe just EJ's ego ) involved, its hard to imagine this happening... unless the sponsors are pushing really hard... I don't even want to imagine the awkward moments this may cause. But hey, they're all professionals here
Old 25 Jul 2002, 01:22 (Ref:342112)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is bloody weird news. First EJ firest HHF for supposedly not performing, and now since HHF has been performing with Arrows this year, EJ wants him back...

Hard to follow the logic on this one.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 07:09 (Ref:342190)   #8
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It just won't work - and it just won't happen. HHF is still taking legal action against EJ, hence his refusal to compete in the French GP for Arrows. Like the rest of us here, I just cannot see any point in this move? There are so many drivers out there whom are as good as HHF, and also much younger. Why take on a driver you are in court with...?
Old 25 Jul 2002, 07:45 (Ref:342207)   #9
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Arrows folds, then HHF should think about calling it a day. He's had the best shot he's ever gonna have with Williams and going back to Jordan would be a negative move for both parties IMO.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 07:48 (Ref:342211)   #10
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There, 500 posts. A veteran at last.
1 year, 7 months and 5 dayz.

Last edited by Raven; 25 Jul 2002 at 07:50.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:05 (Ref:342218)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Raven ... Took you long enough .. tee hee hee
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:26 (Ref:342231)   #12
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
HHF is still taking legal action against EJ, hence his refusal to compete in the French GP for Arrows.
You mean for Jordan??? And I believe that HHF did want to drive but the Arrows lawyers got involved and stopped it.

I just hope he isn't brought back to Jordan. He couldn't cut it at Williams or last year at Jordan. The last thing Jordan need is another journeyman.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:28 (Ref:342234)   #13
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That to my logic would be absurd.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:54 (Ref:342265)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Frentzen's lawyers did stop him driving for Jordan because of the lawsuit. So it seems odd that it could happen in 2004.

And why is it 2004 and not 2003?
Old 25 Jul 2002, 11:09 (Ref:342314)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Frentzen's lawyers did stop him driving for Jordan because of the lawsuit. So it seems odd that it could happen in 2004.

And why is it 2004 and not 2003?
Because Mr Reido is relying on the presumption that by the time 2004 comes along, none of us will remember who or what was predicted in this thread.
I mean I can predict that Nick Heidfeld will be driving for Jordan in year 2004, but by then nobody will remember what I predicted today, or care what I said anyway.
quod erat non demonstrandum

Valve
Old 25 Jul 2002, 11:37 (Ref:342333)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
"guess so but the last i heard was that the new owners of Minardi were after him for 2003. Prince Khaled Al Waleed is taking over the team and is appointing Brendan McGuiness as day to day manager. McGuiness wants HHF to join the team and partner irish driver Damien Faulkner."

Err when was Minardi sold?
Old 25 Jul 2002, 12:40 (Ref:342384)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, guys, that's exactly the point.

Reido, you start a thread, stating something without providing the source of your information. For the second time, it happens. If you're posting this as a true information, you must point the source. If you think, bet, dream, wish you must say so.

As you just posted this and run anway from the thread, I come to think is just flame bait, so...
Old 25 Jul 2002, 22:57 (Ref:342929)   #18
Reido Rules
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Yeah, guys, that's exactly the point.

Reido, you start a thread, stating something without providing the source of your information. For the second time, it happens. If you're posting this as a true information, you must point the source. If you think, bet, dream, wish you must say so.

As you just posted this and run anway from the thread, I come to think is just flame bait, so...
Ok I'm back, I did not run but some of US do other thinbgs than lurch over our computers 24/7!, so mr hotshot, this rumour is in the motorsport news!!! and is one that both parties have been murmering about.

The 2004 was a mistake I meant 2003!!!

But this is not one that I have made up, it is one that I can back up, not mostly with available sources, but with inforation which I have been provided with.

So there you go, I hope that you still feel like the savior. But I do know why EJ wants HHF and believe if he can get him in that car for 2003 he will do so, as it will be very good for him and the team, a deal with HHF will bring so much cas through sponsors, which currently wnat out, it will loose EJ a head ache in any impending legal action, and give EJ the money, and the selling point to attract an engine supplyer, It's believed that although HHF is disinterested in Jaguar the blue oval still likes him and if they are going to give EJ Ford engines, they wnat a decent guy in the car, and hopefully, they can use him in exchange for payment for 2004 shoudl the jag improve, and if it doesn't HHF may attract works Ford engines for the future. EJ and HHF did and hope to get on well. So theres your logic.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 23:09 (Ref:342936)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
OK Reido - you sound a bit cornfused - must be the drought. Perhaps if you could sort out which year is which first, we might have something sensible to chew on.
Putting HHF in the Jordan next year puts a totally different spin on things. You are right, Eddie would save on this HHF legal action, they could make up and be friends again if Eddie promises not to use his fax to fire, and Eddie would get a sponsor to pay his bills.
It still makes me wonder why Eddie fired HHF in the first place.

Valve
Old 25 Jul 2002, 23:13 (Ref:342942)   #20
Reido Rules
Veteran

What drought?

A simple mistype, a basic human error, as I do think and work on other things, I hardly think that it's an offense.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 23:20 (Ref:342948)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
No offense - there is a drought hitting most of Australia right now - it's in the news.

Valve
Old 26 Jul 2002, 12:42 (Ref:343347)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Reido Rules

Ok I'm back, I did not run but some of US do other thinbgs than lurch over our computers 24/7!,
I see, thanks for replying...

Quote:

so mr hotshot,
That's me, watch out.

Quote:
this rumour is in the motorsport news!!! and is one that both parties have been murmering about.
rumour... motosport news... very informative.

Quote:

The 2004 was a mistake I meant 2003!!!
tsk, tsk... :confused:

Quote:

But this is not one that I have made up, it is one that I can back up, not mostly with available sources, but with inforation which I have been provided with.
Any insider in the pitlane, hunh ?

Quote:

So there you go, I hope that you still feel like the savior.
Sure !

Quote:

But I do know why EJ wants HHF and believe if he can get him in that car for 2003 he will do so, as it will be very good for him and the team, a deal with HHF will bring so much cas through sponsors, which currently wnat out, it will loose EJ a head ache in any impending legal action, and give EJ the money, and the selling point to attract an engine supplyer, It's believed that although HHF is disinterested in Jaguar the blue oval still likes him and if they are going to give EJ Ford engines, they wnat a decent guy in the car, and hopefully, they can use him in exchange for payment for 2004 shoudl the jag improve, and if it doesn't HHF may attract works Ford engines for the future. EJ and HHF did and hope to get on well. So theres your logic.
Well, if dancing machine are stating this, I guess it's true.
Old 26 Jul 2002, 17:20 (Ref:343519)   #23
Reido Rules
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
No offense - there is a drought hitting most of Australia right now - it's in the news.

Ok, we haven't heard much about a drout, no probs.

Bonomi, you can take the lime light, which is what you so clearly crave.
Old 26 Jul 2002, 18:19 (Ref:343551)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Reido. Maybe you did not understand me.

You can start a thread for any subject you think it's valid. Have in mind that when you do this, people will reply about the contents of it. It is highly recommended that you provide the source of your info. By saying that you got it elsewhere is suspicious. You already did it in the "DaMatta" thread, and I would like that you think twice before posting something you can't provide the source, or at least, state that you are guessing,hoping or would like to happen.

I'm not trying to be star in any show. I'm just doing my job here.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bononi; 26 Jul 2002 at 18:28.