Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 2002, 19:45 (Ref:397035)   #26
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi

Excuse my ignorance wasp, but what game is this?
All of those are from EA Sports F1 2001. With the Lemans 99' addon, I'll go get some pics of the GT addon for 99'.
Old 7 Oct 2002, 01:56 (Ref:397241)   #27
choked_wasp
Racer

Here's an Oreca viper, at Spa.
Attached Thumbnails
gtsr1a.gif  
Old 7 Oct 2002, 02:36 (Ref:397251)   #28
choked_wasp
Racer

And a GT3-R at Spa.
Attached Thumbnails
gt3r1a.gif  
Old 7 Oct 2002, 10:20 (Ref:397399)   #29
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I love about GPL is the ability to change everything. This is Watkins Glen...compare it with Aysedasi's pic from the Glen before. I've got new textures for the trees, tarmac, armco etc, and the Brabham too is a new skin, the level of graphic enhancement since the game was first released is fantastic.

enemey-ace love that CMR2.0 screenshot, fantastic.
Attached Thumbnails
tt_005.jpg  
Old 8 Oct 2002, 02:39 (Ref:398027)   #30
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
enemey-ace love that CMR2.0 screenshot, fantastic.
Thanks! Not as intense a game as GPL, but fun nonetheless.
Here I am catching some air at Mosport in GPL, not as high but far more difficult.
Attached Thumbnails
moreair.jpg  
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 9 Oct 2002, 18:25 (Ref:399550)   #31
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san

hey .thats true....youve got my copy of GPL !.....give it back will you !
Well, you've got it back now, but have you installed and played it yet?
Old 9 Oct 2002, 19:23 (Ref:399575)   #32
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
na...not yet...but i will.....
Old 9 Oct 2002, 19:58 (Ref:399597)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
What I love about GPL is the ability to change everything. This is Watkins Glen...
I've actually tried quite a few track updates, but I'm really looking for a good update for Spa. I've tried 3 or 4 but today I copied back the original track. With all the revisions I've tried, the line through Masta is much harder to see (with my failing eyesight particularly!) than on the original. The track surface is a bit naff on the original, but I can live with it. The Velex version in particular I do not like!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 9 Oct 2002 at 19:59.
Old 9 Oct 2002, 21:33 (Ref:399720)   #34
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Have you tried Darkgreens Spa updates, I rather like them.
Here's a shot of me trying unsuccessfully trying to make a pass at the updated Spa. I'm in the Eagle
Attached Thumbnails
eagle2.jpg  
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 10 Oct 2002, 10:15 (Ref:400073)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've tried 3 Spa updates, but the only one I can remember by name at the moment is the Velex one.

Your screenshot obviously comes from the wet version of Spa! As I still can't get a decent time there in the dry, I haven't had a go at it yet.
Old 10 Oct 2002, 10:38 (Ref:400102)   #36
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Your screenshot obviously comes from the wet version of Spa! As I still can't get a decent time there in the dry, I haven't had a go at it yet.
Oh dear, the eyes really are going Ayse! I think the 'spray' is actually tyre smoke from the sideways Eagle. The lovely blue sky above suggests that it is not a 'Grand Prix' type moment at Spa. So teenage boys jumping over barriers need not worry.
Old 10 Oct 2002, 10:40 (Ref:400107)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS

Oh dear, the eyes really are going Ayse! I think the 'spray' is actually tyre smoke from the sideways Eagle. The lovely blue sky above suggests that it is not a 'Grand Prix' type moment at Spa. So teenage boys jumping over barriers need not worry.

Bloody hell - so it is! And I've just spent £300 on a new pair of varifocals!!
Old 10 Oct 2002, 11:12 (Ref:400129)   #38
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Yep, that's just me locking them up large. I wasn't able to hold it.
Old 10 Oct 2002, 11:19 (Ref:400135)   #39
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
There's a wet Spa? Where can I get a wet Spa? I would really like a wet Spa!!!
Old 10 Oct 2002, 11:27 (Ref:400144)   #40
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
Are you nuts!? Get this man certified immediately. Next you will asking be for a wet Ring! (Please no comments!)
Old 10 Oct 2002, 11:44 (Ref:400166)   #41
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
Next you will asking be for a wet Ring! (Please no comments!)
Old 10 Oct 2002, 14:03 (Ref:400316)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
There is a wet Spa, I'm sure of it. Hang on.......

http://magnust.d2g.com/

Look under 'S' here. Spa - wet and dry!

But unfortunately, the link seems to be down at the moment.
Old 10 Oct 2002, 22:21 (Ref:400723)   #43
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Thanks for the link Aysedsi! It appears the wet Spa is unavailable , but there is a wet Mosport and a wet Ring
I have downloaded them both and will now attempt Mosport.
The Ring I think will remain on the shelf for awhile, I'm not completely MAD!!!
Here's a link if any of you are however
http://markb.m4driving.sm/markbwet.htm
Old 10 Oct 2002, 23:33 (Ref:400766)   #44
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Wet Mosport! Brilliant! Very Hard! Here's a screenie!
Attached Thumbnails
wet-mosport.jpg  
Old 12 Oct 2002, 10:35 (Ref:401904)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Couldn't resist this - its the new GPLEA BRM P83 - out now on the GPLEA site!!
Attached Thumbnails
brmp83.jpg  
Old 12 Oct 2002, 20:34 (Ref:402213)   #46
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HURRAH!! I wish I had GPL with me
Old 12 Oct 2002, 21:39 (Ref:402248)   #47
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
if u could get GPL to run like that, i would be a happy man.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 23:47 (Ref:402316)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
if u could get GPL to run like that, i would be a happy man.
Run like what?

That's actually me at the wheel of the lovely BRM, setting yet another seriously pathetic lap time at the 'Ring!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 11:14 (Ref:403677)   #49
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there any way you can get GPL to run in OpenGL?

Ever since I replaced my Voodoo3 card with a NVidia GeForce 2, I haven't been able to run it as it can't do 3dfx.

GPL is a great game and seeing this thread I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

Powersliding around Rouen is calling me!
Old 14 Oct 2002, 12:32 (Ref:403763)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
Is there any way you can get GPL to run in OpenGL?

Ever since I replaced my Voodoo3 card with a NVidia GeForce 2, I haven't been able to run it as it can't do 3dfx.

GPL is a great game and seeing this thread I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

Powersliding around Rouen is calling me!
Yes, you can now run GPL in OpenGL. There is a new openGL download available (well, not so new now). I can't point my finger at it right now, as I'm at work, but if you go to the RSC forum and search under OpenGL, you'll find the thread in which the link to the rasterizer is to be found. If you can't find it, I'll identify it for you later, when I have a bit more time.