Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 2 Jan 2003, 21:56 (Ref:462317)   #26
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, I don't know him. How dare he use my Nick!!
Old 2 Jan 2003, 22:02 (Ref:462318)   #27
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For the website, I'm going to use the info from Ten-Tenths profiles for the driver profiles. I thought that way would be easier since they are already there.

So if those entering the league could just check their profile and check everything is okay, I shall come by and 'nick' the information over the weekend.

Can finally play GPL again tomorrow! woohoo!

Last edited by Spudgun; 2 Jan 2003 at 22:03.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 10:56 (Ref:462610)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think my info is correct. I shall be on VROC from time to time from now on. (Off with a "sickie" today - bronchitis!).
Old 3 Jan 2003, 17:34 (Ref:462896)   #29
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Ouch. Seems to be something going around on the south coast. I was there over Xmas and people are dropping like flies.

Hope I'm not next..
Old 3 Jan 2003, 18:33 (Ref:462929)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, bloody awful. Nothing to do all day except drive........

Old 4 Jan 2003, 16:35 (Ref:463644)   #31
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
MONZA Practice Server

As mentioned before, there will be a practice server up and running at Monza on Sunday 5th January between 2 and 4pm.

Anyone wishing to come and practice, please PM me for the server password.

Cheers.
Old 5 Jan 2003, 12:14 (Ref:464368)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For those who may be working on setups this afternoon Spud, how many laps will the race next Sunday be? Intermediate Short at Monza tends to be 11 laps - is that what we're working on?
Old 5 Jan 2003, 13:43 (Ref:464437)   #33
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
The race at Monza will be an int short 11 lapper.
Old 5 Jan 2003, 16:19 (Ref:464536)   #34
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting afternoon - got down to a 1.35 I am get quicker - slowly............
Old 5 Jan 2003, 21:21 (Ref:464787)   #35
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Just thought I'd do this for fun.

This is the start of the race following the Monza praccy. Note how good Tony's getaway was!

The big version is here..

Monza Praccy Race start

Last edited by Spudgun; 5 Jan 2003 at 21:22.
Old 5 Jan 2003, 21:25 (Ref:464790)   #36
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
also note how bad mine was................
Old 5 Jan 2003, 21:31 (Ref:464796)   #37
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
rd.. For racing with a gamepad your laptimes are very impressive! Besides, in that shot you started on the second row so it's not as bad as it looks!

I'll definitely be watching my back when you have a wheel.

Last edited by Spudgun; 5 Jan 2003 at 21:35.
Old 5 Jan 2003, 21:42 (Ref:464803)   #38
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I just spent 2 much timing spining - just had practice round silverstone and spent moretime on the green stuff instead of the black stuff.................
Old 5 Jan 2003, 23:20 (Ref:464893)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I made a lousy start - but then I usually do!

I managed to stay within a second or two of Tony for 9 laps, then he made a small mistake at the Lesmos. That gave it to me. Fortunately, I didn't make any major mistakes in the race, unlike the two engines I blew in the practice! And no, I wasn't hotlapping at any time!

I was actually disappointed with my times - I think I did a 1:28.8, while Tony did a 1:28.69.

As for you rd, as I said at the time, I think you did wonders with that joypad. I watched from your cockpit for half a lap or so, to turn when left and right are effectively switches, on or off, was incredible. You have just got to invest in a wheel as soon as you can though - then you'll really start to enjoy GPL!
Old 5 Jan 2003, 23:25 (Ref:464897)   #40
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
As for you rd, as I said at the time, I think you did wonders with that joypad. I watched from your cockpit for half a lap or so, to turn when left and right are effectively switches, on or off, was incredible. You have just got to invest in a wheel as soon as you can though - then you'll really start to enjoy GPL!
I feel it maybe a trip to PC World tomorrow...............
Old 5 Jan 2003, 23:25 (Ref:464899)   #41
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
I was in the middle of the train holding my own until I locked all the wheels under braking to Parabolica and sheepishly spun off right in front of Aysedasi at the end of lap 2. Yes, expletives were involved!

Then I made a couple more silly mistakes in the race. I just hope I can get it sorted for when it counts!
Old 5 Jan 2003, 23:26 (Ref:464900)   #42
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you get that 'lens flare' effect Spudgun?
Old 5 Jan 2003, 23:28 (Ref:464902)   #43
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
I used Adobe Photoshop. It's in the preset effects. Dead easy to do, just place it where you want to and then just use a slider to set how bright you want it and then Photoshop does the rest.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 09:14 (Ref:465124)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The race was an interesting run-out for the real thing next weekend. I really hope we can attract perhaps 3-4 more drivers for that race, giving us a field of 7-8 (at least). The long practice session went quite quickly, I thought and I was able to get in two almost race-length runs (one punctuated by a blown engine). As I'm still off work I hope to get a bit more time in at Monza between now and the weekend, although I don't want to bore myself with it before the real fun starts!
Old 8 Jan 2003, 16:39 (Ref:467465)   #45
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to have GPL back in the UK, if i can get hold of it again I would like to give it a go.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 13:05 (Ref:468404)   #46
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Come on now you GPL'ers! We need to get more than just the 4 of us on board for the first real race this Sunday! Who's gonna be there?
Old 9 Jan 2003, 13:28 (Ref:468430)   #47
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Hopefully Number Juan will be racing on Tuesday so that will be five.

Perhaps we could coerce Damon?
Old 9 Jan 2003, 14:27 (Ref:468477)   #48
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dammit, i can't get my USB gamepad to work with GPL.
Old 9 Jan 2003, 15:13 (Ref:468507)   #49
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am actually thinking about it Spud as I'm now reasonable at Monza. Having never raced online though I have no idea what I need to do so any help would be great!
Old 9 Jan 2003, 15:14 (Ref:468508)   #50
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes! YES!! VROC works!!
Whoohoo!!

So, i guess i'll be available for the race too if it's not at such a hard track like Nurb or Mexico since my wheel hasn't arrived yet.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 9 Jan 2003 at 15:15.