Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 Jan 2003, 15:40 (Ref:468522)   #51
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damon, ®îjñtjûh

The league dates (effectively fortnightly races on Tuesday evenings) are in the first post on this thread along with the rules and how to register. The easier tracks are being raced first so that everyone is able to get into the swing of things. Nurburgring is being left out for now.

It's a friendly, informal league with the emphasis being for ten-tenther's just to race each other for a bit of fun.

Ability doesn't matter in the slightest (just look at my GPL Rank) with the rules to make the racing as fair as possible and to give the whole thing some structure.

So come on you two, sign up today!
Old 9 Jan 2003, 19:23 (Ref:468728)   #52
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i hope im signed up, for me, Tuesday is provisional because im uncertain of exams, when they are - not my fault, the school's incompetance!!!

im signed up for every other race though

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 11 Jan 2003, 14:26 (Ref:471146)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately, Tuesday night is now looking dodgy for me. Nipper's school is having one of their "evenings" about a trip later this year. If I have to go (and I ought to), I'm pretty unlike to make the race. Certainly no chance of practice.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 18:12 (Ref:473276)   #54
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damn, just one day away for the first race and i still haven't received my steering wheel yet!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 07:25 (Ref:473656)   #55
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Race 1 - Monza!!

So today is race one of the Friendly League. Hoorah!

I'll be in VROC from around 19:30 with 30 minutes of qualifying beginning at 20:00 GMT.

The password will be the same as used for the practice server last weekend.

Anyone who needs the password, throw a PM my way.

Good luck everyone!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 07:37 (Ref:473664)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. I now hope to be there after all. (I've sent you an e-mail by the way Spud - the first one failed......).
Old 14 Jan 2003, 19:05 (Ref:474250)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm just slightly worried about the lack of posts here since Spud's confirmation of tonight's race! I hope we get a good entry. I will now definitely be there. Probably around 7.45-50pm

Be there or be very square!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 19:24 (Ref:474271)   #58
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What lack of posts?
What do you mean, spud?
Does the password change every week?
Anyway i'm on VROC now, as is rdjones.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 19:30 (Ref:474276)   #59
ASCII Man
Veteran

And Ayse, did you get my mail about the Schmidt setup for Monza??
Old 14 Jan 2003, 19:35 (Ref:474278)   #60
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
at least u have some set-ups
Old 14 Jan 2003, 19:49 (Ref:474287)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Yep. I sent it to the address you gave me. Not got it?
Old 14 Jan 2003, 20:06 (Ref:474303)   #62
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it possible to go in and watch?
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:02 (Ref:474377)   #63
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, you could have done, anyone is welcome to join and watch, although drivers get first choice of course.,
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:17 (Ref:474405)   #64
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Yep. I sent it to the address you gave me. Not got it?

I could have mis-typed the adress or my sister could have thrown it away fearing it was a virus or something.

Anyway, my race was nothing short of what i expected it to be,... a disaster...

Well, at least now i know how things go now in online racing, i should be able to do much better next time.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:24 (Ref:474419)   #65
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
are we going to get a race report guys. And perhaps some pics???
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:25 (Ref:474424)   #66
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
4th I was happy with that - in fact it is where I was expecting to finish.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 21:26 (Ref:474425)   #67
ASCII Man
Veteran

Yep, i was where i expected to be too.

DNF...
Old 14 Jan 2003, 22:08 (Ref:474484)   #68
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
The provisional results have been posted on the league website which can be found here:

Ten-Tenths GPL Friendly League

Also the replay is available for download as a zip file.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 22:25 (Ref:474501)   #69
ASCII Man
Veteran

Well, at least i didn't qualified last.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 22:40 (Ref:474516)   #70
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Well, at least i didn't qualified last.
OK - bad set-up should do better at the Glen, better get some practice in ! ! ! !
Old 14 Jan 2003, 22:52 (Ref:474532)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well needless to say I was quite pleased with the outcome......

But, as I admitted to my fellow racers after the event, I am happy to accept that I was lucky. Nice to have some good points in the bag though...
Old 14 Jan 2003, 23:01 (Ref:474539)   #72
ASCII Man
Veteran

Congratulations with the win, Ayse!
Guess i'll start practicing The Glen for now, i know i'm gonna need it!

We'll meet again, Mwhuhahahahaha (imitating Vincent Price... badly )
Old 15 Jan 2003, 00:03 (Ref:474601)   #73
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Just watched the replay from the perspective of Aysedasi (cheers for the driving tips that gave ) and I have to say what happened Tony? Some may say you threw the race deliberately!! We need answers!!!
Old 15 Jan 2003, 08:17 (Ref:474819)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm not sure you'll learn so much from my driving Damon! I haven't watched all of the replay yet (but I will!). Having followed Tony for so much of the race it seemed to me that I was braking fractionally later for the corners, the Lesmos in particular, but Tony was faster out of them - the old adage, "slower in faster out" definitely coming to mind. I still struggle at the Parabolica - there were at least two occasions where I thought I was going to visit the sand there, but just, just kept it out. I haven't yet found out what Tony's problem was - he started to explain on VROC but half of his reply seemed to be left out. If anything, the fact that I won illustrates the fact that if you can keep the car on the black stuff throughout and are reasonably quick, you can usually do quite well. That's certainly been my "gospel" since I started racing online. Its my starts that bother me - Tony easily outdragged me to CG, although I did lift early on the turn to make sure I didn't cause any problems there.

I'm now really looking forward to the Glen on the 28th. I do have a problem though, I have a meeting that night at 6 pm, about 10 miles from home. It could go on until 7.30-7.45, so by the time I get home, if I do make the race, I doubt that I will have any time to set a grid time. Still, as long as I make the race I'll be happy.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 11:02 (Ref:474904)   #75
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
having watched I hope to join the next race - looks like fun!