Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Aug 2000, 17:54 (Ref:30745)   #26
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spot on, Sharky.

I fully agree. Though I haven't had the pleasure of watching him personally, I am in awe with every CART race I watch.

Williams in 2001 is NOT going to be the same Williams Zanardi went to in 1999. Montoya has a great gift, familiarity with the tracks and is still young enough to adapt to a new milieu.

I rarely go out on a limb and make predictions, but I think your comments that the Montoyagod will be the "youngster" who makes TGF sit up and take notice are right on the money.
Old 15 Aug 2000, 18:29 (Ref:30752)   #27
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Saying that Montoya will challenge TGF in his first year is a remarkably premature suggestion. Not only will he, as with Button this year, be learning circuits, but I don't believe he will have a car capable of competing with TGF, Mika &c. (*sob*) Perhaps we ought to consider the fact that his team-mate () is no pushover?
Old 15 Aug 2000, 19:40 (Ref:30773)   #28
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Sunday's CART race, Montoya proved how immature he can be. One little mistake and that was it, he was all over the place. In addition to that, he held up those who were lapping him.

Old 16 Aug 2000, 01:59 (Ref:30860)   #29
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Ralf's girl. Most F1 people see Ralf as a future champion at the moment so I don't thinkMontoya will be a match for him straight away at least. It would be pretty remarkable if he did as badly as Zanardi or Andretti though. Every year we hear about someone who is going to be coming to f1 who will finally be a match for M Schumacher but he is still seen as the best. I remember people saying Villeneuve would be better than Schumacher before he came to F1. Ok, he won the WDC but most people still agree that Schumacher is quicker.
Old 16 Aug 2000, 03:07 (Ref:30869)   #30
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think RG that if you re-read Sharky's comments, that he states that Montoya won't challenge TGF right off, and I fully agree. But as MS has stated that he is in the game for several years still, I believe that as BMW-Wiliams improve and Montoya re-gains familiarity with the F1 tracks, (remembering his experience as a Test driver and F3000 champ) that he will be the one who EVENTUALLY is able to challenge Schuey.

I have been touting Ralfie as a future WDC for ages, but I don't think it will happen at Williams.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 14:16 (Ref:37348)   #31
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'll be #1 Williams' driver

I'm pretty sure, he'll be the #1 Williams BMW driver for next season, because he's going to beat Ralf !!!
Old 15 Sep 2000, 14:32 (Ref:37352)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think he's going to be the "second coming" that some appear to believe. However to correct something someone said. He has an advantage (in terms of experience) over Button because he knows a lot of the circuits from his F3000 days.

As for being a success? Well he's south american which according to some gives him an advantage, but let's wait until next year before judging him.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 18:10 (Ref:37377)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

You realy don't care for Mr Schumacher do you Liz...None the less he is the worlds best F1 pilot at the present time,on a consistent basis..proven over and over again...What nationality are you Liz do you mind me asking? Have a good day!

Tags
jpm