Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2000, 02:10 (Ref:36867)   #51
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
marcus, I for one, would be greatly saddened if you chose to stay away. I always appreciate your point of view.
Old 13 Sep 2000, 02:19 (Ref:36870)   #52
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nooooooooo!

Marcus... Don't you go, Man!

I enjoy reading your posts. I always understand what you're saying, and I think I speak on behalf of all the regular members when I say this place would NOT be the same without you.

Sit tight, ol' Chum.

Old 13 Sep 2000, 10:01 (Ref:36895)   #53
abraham
Rookie

abraham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS is a real atlhete. I mean is is fit, really like nobody else. Now, few like the guy because he can be a real c... but what I hear in the pit is that outside the sport, he is great guy, generous and considering. For what it counts..

Now, to me, it looks like MS drunk Champagne (he never drinks), and that combined with the nervous effort to win this race in front of mad Italian fans got the best of him. He cracked. Nothing special, no reaons to say :"he's just a human after all". He reached a point beyond his usual grip on himself and I believe the alcool played a large part of it. Period.

Sure you will have the same MS from now on.
Old 13 Sep 2000, 13:56 (Ref:36930)   #54
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
.Im not leaving ..I would be silly to...if i did it would be very childish of myself to .i was just stating i dont want to get involved with the argy bargy that is the F1 forum at present ...im quite happy to run around during pre qualifying and then sit the rest of the weekend out

CHEERS ALL
Old 14 Sep 2000, 19:55 (Ref:37162)   #55
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, i thought I'd take this opportunity to stir things up again; it seems many of us WERE right about the source of Schumacher's tears.

From the Atlas F1 Site:

Germany's Michael Schumacher said his tears at Sunday's Italian Grand Prix were triggered by memories of the late Ayrton Senna. "It was a mixture of many things that moved me in Monza," Schumacher told RTL television on Wednesday. "When I thought of Senna, it was really too much for me."

Schumacher equalled Senna's total of 41 grands prix victories by winning at Monza. When asked on Sunday whether it meant a lot to him to equal the Brazilian's mark the normally ice-cool Schumacher said: "It does mean a lot to me..." before bending his head and weeping into his hand.

Senna was killed in the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix at Imola, the last fatality in Formula One until a fire marshal was killed at Monza on Sunday by flying debris after a first lap pile-up.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 07:21 (Ref:37268)   #56
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah it does mean a lot to him, but he was already shaken a bit before that question and the Senna-reminder just was the edge. He surely won't admit he was overwhelmed by relief, happiness, fatigue and alcohol too.