Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 22 Nov 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1467647)   #51
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
martinsville, richmond?
Old 26 Nov 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1470879)   #52
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula V8 race on the oval in Live For Speed.

Two wide infront of me heading onto the straight, they clip eachother on the exit of a corner and because I was drafting close behind I slam into both of them and end up cartwheeling over the catchfence. I ended up landing somewhere between the grandstands and the M25.
Old 2 Dec 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1476000)   #53
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha, I had an amazing race on F1C a few hours back. I'm Damon Hill in the 1999 Jordan, third in the championship with 5th places in every race and stuff, and I couldn't get a quick lap in qualfying so I was at the back, 22nd and dead last!
For the race, I got up to 8th before the first corner dodging stalled cars, such as my team mate Frentzen, haha, and cars fliping over the barriers at turn one, anyways, I worked my way up, it was a seven lap race, I only had five laps of fuel so I had to conserve and thought s*** Lol, anyways there was about four cars at the front that collided and lost wings, front and rear, these were the big guys such as Hakkinen, DC, Schumacher, Irvine and the rest and they were stuck behind driving two mph so I managed to pass them in a few laps, had a seven lap lead over Ralf (Williams) and I only spun on the fifth lap in turn 1 with two to go, Barrichello passed Ralf and and passed me I stayed in second behind a lap down Arrows, anyway Rubens was setting fastest lap after fastest lap and spun on the last lap by the harbour after the chicane, he reversed back, I lost my front wing, but I still managed to win, haha, and there was six finishers! Never had a wacky race such as that in my life espcially in a race as short as it was!
Old 3 Dec 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1476204)   #54
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if only he had went over the barrier (a la Grand Prix)
Old 3 Dec 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1476448)   #55
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
After having a good time whatching the race of champions I had a go of Rally Fusion: RoC on the old Gran Canaria track. In the nations cup in the RoC Buggies I was leading on the last Half lap just before coming under the bridge, unfortunately I went wide hit a bank and barrel rolled 5 times into an inflatable bridge, blocking the track. The end of the crash when I was lodged on the bridge which had collapsed reminded me of Tom Kristensens off earlier on.
Old 4 Dec 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1476530)   #56
peteconnors
Racer

United Kingdom
Shropshire
peteconnors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nascar 2003: whether it was boredom or some twisted streak in my brain, I chose to qualify last at Indy, and as the lights went green I pulled a U turn and headed off clockwise...
On the back straight as I passed 165mph I came across a gaggle (flock, swarm, whatever) of Nascars heading towards me at around the same speed. The resulting crash took out no less than 38 of the field!! Absolute carnage is the only way to describe it, and for some reason I was black flagged! I couldn't figure out how to appeal it, so it was upheld...
Old 4 Dec 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1476629)   #57
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I was playing F1 2001 on PS2 and flipped my Jaguar on the long back straight on the old Hockenheim. I kept my finger on the accelerate button and the car spun like a spinning top all the way down the straight and then landed flat in the gravel trap, minus front and rear wings, and a left rear tyre.
Old 6 Dec 2005, 22:25 (Ref:1478570)   #58
P.Cummins
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
P.Cummins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the biggest was in RBR. DOing SS4 of Finland in my new Scooby and I went wide at a long left hander. There was no avoiding the trees at nearly 100MPH and it was head on collision. Very rough indeed!!

Another one: Same game, at Joux Verte (France SS2). Was going well in the Scooby and coming near the end but went wide at about 70MPH and hit a tree. I flipped vertical UP and then, while airborne, smacked another 3 which send me around 540 degrees and landed upside at the side of the stage.

In racing, I created a big pile up by leaving braking way too late for the first corner at Carnberra in RD1. I smacked into 2 cars (this was in V8's) and the track became blocked. I lost my wheel in the process and couldn't continue. But it was fun looking at how dumb the AI was as they helplessly tried to escape
Old 29 Dec 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1491472)   #59
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Driv3r - Go-Kart - Coral Gables Circuit

I was coming round the long left hand banked corner and I hit the other guy in the go-kart, went end-over-end, over the armco and into a tree where I was killed in an explosion.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1491497)   #60
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anything on Burnout 3. Very often I end up with something that doesn't even slightly resemble a car.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 16:58 (Ref:1491499)   #61
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
if you have a USB memory stick you can put photos onto it and then the PC.
I know. I have quite a few good photos from GT4 (well, good in my opinion), I just have them all saved on memory card rather than memory stick.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1491618)   #62
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
Anything on Burnout 3. Very often I end up with something that doesn't even slightly resemble a car.
Burnout 3 is ONLY good for crashes. For great crashes, break good racing games.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1491675)   #63
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of my best that i can remember was on F1 2001 on PC, coming out of final turn on A1 Ring, touch too fast got sucked off the track on the edge, scraped the wall by the main grandstand, i spun back onto the track, (this was lap 2 and i was in 4th, so you can imagine, many cars still behind) As i come onto the track, DC slammed into my side, and he flipped up, wheels and wings everywhere, and the rest of drivers treid depearately in vein to avoid.
That was a good 'un.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 07:55 (Ref:1491786)   #64
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I seem to have no problems completely flipping my car (in F1C) over the barrier at Monza, I end up driving the car on the outside of the circuit. Problem is, I can't get back on 99% of the time.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1504543)   #65
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I wanna hear more about those sweet, sweet crashes!
Old 19 Jan 2006, 17:35 (Ref:1504572)   #66
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK then....

rFactor - the 'ring. It's been released as a very early beta and it's looking promising. I've never been very good there, and rFactor is proving even harder than GT4 is. Anyway, driving a Porsche GT3 on the really long straight near the end of the lap - i'd had a couple of offs previously in the lap and had damaged the car a bit. I got to the kink and was still flat out at about 170mph, didn't pay enough attention to the road and clipped the grass. Still full throttle, i tried to correct the resulting slide and it went all pete tong from there. Spun many times, hit the barrier, rolled and continued spinning on the roof. Eventually stopped near the pit entry, still on my roof, and very very dizzy
Old 19 Jan 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1504600)   #67
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh.. i wish i had a good pc so i could play all these brilliant PC games....
Old 19 Jan 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1504608)   #68
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
Oh.. i wish i had a good pc so i could play all these brilliant PC games....

unfortunatly to up grade my current pc would cost about 850 euro(£580)
Old 19 Jan 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1504623)   #69
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
I seem to have no problems completely flipping my car (in F1C) over the barrier at Monza, I end up driving the car on the outside of the circuit. Problem is, I can't get back on 99% of the time.
Very realistic, 99% of those that have done that never got back.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1504710)   #70
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F.

unfortunatly to up grade my current pc would cost about 850 euro(£580)
No idea how much mind would cost... I know for a fact i need a new motherboard, processor, memory, graphics card and pretty much everything else inside...
Old 19 Jan 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1504753)   #71
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
i need a new motherboard, processor, memory, graphics card and pretty much everything else inside...
same here,my pc is nearly 5 years old with very little new other than a new 160gb harddrive.i want that beast of a thing that you see on the dell adverts(just so my brother doesn't have to build it and try to "fix" stuff that isn't broken)
Old 19 Jan 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1504766)   #72
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Well mines 7, and it just about runs F1 2001 okay
Old 20 Jan 2006, 02:33 (Ref:1504907)   #73
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One of my biggest crashes was Need For Speed Most Wanted. I smashed my Pontiac GTO in a brick wall head on at 300kph (198 mph) then a police SUV light or Rhino smashed into the right side of my GTO rolling a few times in the air and doging a road block, a spike strip and a few other undercover GTO's. When it landed, I just sped off with out a cop in sight. The Pontiac GTO/Holden Monaro, just shows it is built like a tank
Old 21 Jan 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1506316)   #74
coldtyre
Rookie

France
Paris
coldtyre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys pls stop posting accidents in games where there is no damage ! GT4 and NFS are very good quality games, but we are talking about CRASHES: debris everywhere, flips, tyres off...

Here's one:

In F1 2001 on PS2, I used to start in hockenheim before green light. I hit the cars in front, so there's debris and almost every body looses wings passing on them.

But the funniest thing is that I continue to the middle of the long,long straight, stop the car on the path and then everybody slams into each other trying to avoid me because they have no wings so they can't slow down !

My record: A 14 cars pile-up with many cars flipped over and totalled !

Un fortunately u can't save replays in that game
Old 22 Jan 2006, 00:58 (Ref:1506386)   #75
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
That's a shame, i'd like to see the GT4 'put photos on a usb stick and put them on comp' idea carried over to relays on all games. Then we could see some great stuff on the net.