Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 12 Jun 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1935138)   #51
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just avoid running wide on the test track. it slows me down every time i run wide. btw my tag is roachy101
Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:02 (Ref:1935286)   #52
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buying the Game tonight Gamer tag cryos2k5

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 13 Jun 2007, 05:12 (Ref:1935660)   #53
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've succumbed to the pressure after seeing loads of great stuff about this game and have gone out and bought myself a 360 with a copy of Forza, GoW and a wireless wheel.
Not had much time to play yet (and haven't got the wheel out of the box yet LOL) but I'm setup with live and will be online whenever I can. (Bit of a noob to this for now as I've been online with a PS2 and ToCA RD2 & 3 for the last 18 months).
I'm already admin of a clan of clean racers who like it hard, (ProSim on ToCA RD3) and am planning to build a Forza2 section with the aim of getting a league running.
Look me up

*jonboy1066*

www.ukonlinegaming.tk
Old 16 Jun 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1938921)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Argh, a lot of the categories I'm doing now seem to have races on that darned test track, the full one.

I am ashamed to say it, but I let the AI do that one.

Level 40 now as well, motoring nicely and now driving some truly exciting cars.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1939170)   #55
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Finally got the wheel out of the box, Tried it and took it back for a refund today.

DON'T BUY THE MICROSOFT WIRELESS WHEEL! IT'S RUBBISH!

I've ordered a Logitech DriveFX wheel from ebuyer now for £38 I've heard lots of good stuff about it but really if it's only as good as the M$ one then it's still half the price.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 23:36 (Ref:1939182)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Argh, a lot of the categories I'm doing now seem to have races on that darned test track, the full one.

I am ashamed to say it, but I let the AI do that one.

Level 40 now as well, motoring nicely and now driving some truly exciting cars.
catching up, level 47 now. LONGGGGG time between levels that far up though, and the drivers are DAMN hard and bang on your car something fierce, esp slammin into from behind in the kamikaze braking zones.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:33 (Ref:1939653)   #57
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never knew Sato was in the game?
Old 17 Jun 2007, 12:59 (Ref:1939865)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The kamikaze drivers are more "Albers" really. They don't make mistakes through enthusiasm, just through utter stupidity.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 20:41 (Ref:1943680)   #59
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well in the case of gamertags mine is as follows

Oreca force R8

if anyone fancies a game ill be more than willing, just this weekend im at 2 parties and oulton park
Old 21 Jun 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1943702)   #60
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
Just this weekend im at 2 parties and oulton park
Good lad!

My mate might actually buy Forza, this might get him into racing, slowly. How amazing.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 01:34 (Ref:1944708)   #61
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mines
tizertwo
Old 24 Jun 2007, 12:28 (Ref:1945476)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You guys probably already knew about this ages ago. And I had an inkling it would happen, given the sponsorship.

But due imminently is this car for download: http://www.forzacentral.com/gallery/...p?i=10656&c=49

It is free too, I think (you would hope so really).
Old 24 Jun 2007, 15:37 (Ref:1945560)   #63
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
where is the car available for download? within the game or in the marketplace? havent seen it available anywhere yet this morning.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 15:43 (Ref:1945563)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Not available yet. It will be on marketplace.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1945590)   #65
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Just had an extended online bout with some of the worst drivers of all time.

It seems that brakes are not an option for some. Using my car as a buffer is however.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 00:27 (Ref:1945895)   #66
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
exactly, thats why I ran 2 races and said screw it. the easy level drivers in career mode are less stupid then the apparent online community, sorry if anybody I didn't race is offended but thats what I've found.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 00:54 (Ref:1945906)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You find some good groups though. I hooked up with some folk and we had a seven race championship all driving Ferrari 330 P4's. It was epic!

I don't mind getting tagged by folk if they apologise and let you by again. You do occasionally happen upon folk who do it for a laugh and that's annoying.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1946251)   #68
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
TheFLC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066
Finally got the wheel out of the box, Tried it and took it back for a refund today.

DON'T BUY THE MICROSOFT WIRELESS WHEEL! IT'S RUBBISH!

I've ordered a Logitech DriveFX wheel from ebuyer now for £38 I've heard lots of good stuff about it but really if it's only as good as the M$ one then it's still half the price.
Care to elaborate? In my opinion it's great. Don't know if I'm slower than a pad (not raced with the pad), but I'm winning races, and the force feedback seems just right. Made a slight tweak to the brake pedal settings, so I can a little deeper into it, but apart from that the rest is stock. Would really like to know what you didn't like so much you'd rather a non-FF wheel.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:09 (Ref:1946253)   #69
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
I know exactly what you mean Knowlesy it can get frustrating but it happens in every online racing game I've played.
I'm Admin of a Clan who became well known on PS2 Online with TRD3 for good clean Pro Sim racing and good manners. (Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here)
I've recently bought myself a 360 and Forza, some of our other members have too and I'm planning on starting a league sometime in mid September. All driving aids will be off and only clean racers will be welcome so if you want some good well run races why not look me up when I'm online ( gamertag jonboy1066 )
I'm still learning about this game and can't get online as much as I'd like at the moment but that'll change soon, then we'll be doing some leagues. I'm thinking a series with Stock racecars to start with and perhaps a "Run What ya Brung" night evey couple of weeks at some of the longer tracks with all setups and upgrades on (Still no driving aids though)
Old 25 Jun 2007, 12:28 (Ref:1946265)   #70
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFLC
Care to elaborate? In my opinion it's great. Don't know if I'm slower than a pad (not raced with the pad), but I'm winning races, and the force feedback seems just right. Made a slight tweak to the brake pedal settings, so I can a little deeper into it, but apart from that the rest is stock. Would really like to know what you didn't like so much you'd rather a non-FF wheel.
Yeah (funny to see a post of mine quoted while I'm in the middle of a different post LOL)

"Rubbish" was probably a bit harsh. I guess I've been a bit spoiled with my first decent wheel experience being with the Logitech driving force pro but here goes.

I bought the M$ wheel as it looked georgeous and felt pretty solid. My first discovery was that it's not really wireless, you still need it plugged into the mains for full FF and it has a telephone cable conecting it to the pedals, all that's missing is the USB cable so it's more of a one wire less than wireless.

Then when I tried to clamp it to my race seat I found that the clamp was inadequate and the wheel tended to flop about pivoting on the single springy clamp and never felt secure as opposed to my DFP whic had two screw down claps that held the wheel nice and tightly to the plate.

The pedals when placed on the tray of my Playseat felt very uncomfortable with that big hole in the foot plate digging into the sides of my feet and the brake pedal was way too sensative with little or no travel before the brakes locked compared to the controller trigger. (Like you I've since found that a tweak of the brake pressure in the setups solves that).

The FF compared to the DFP wheel was prety feeble but like I said before I think it's unfair to compare it to the DFP on that front as the DFP is Sooooo good.

It cost me £82.50, my DFP cost me £54 so I thought that it would be reasuringly expensive but found quite the opposite.

I took the wheel back to Game for refund after a little argument and threats of going to trading standards about them and have since bought a Logitech Drive FX wheel for my Xbox

It was only £38 delivered and the FF is about the same if a little stronger.

The pedals are more comfortable although the footplate is a bit small.

I prefer the feel of the DFX wheel compared to the M$ one and as it's less that half the price I think it's quite a bargain.

Neither of the wheels for Xbox 360 come even close to the quality and feel of the DFP on my PS2 but both are pretty good. If you race with the wheel on your lap or clamped temporarily to a table with the pedals flat on the floor then the M$ wheel is probably best but with a more permanent setup I think the Logitech DFX is better and blooming cheap too.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1947417)   #71
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had this game for about 2 weeks now. Great game.
Already at level 34, but i did the first 3 enduro's to get money and level 33 for the Murichilago.

My live is A 5LITRE 5SPEED (stupid xbox making me have a letter first) but i'm not online yet due to not having broadband hooked up.

To the person that asked, you can change the colour of race cars, but the vinyls stay there. I didn't bother looking but i assume you could cover the car with a vinyl each side and start from scratch.
I'm just in the process of making the Bathurst 24hour monaro's paint schemes.

If anyone needs help with the endurance races, PM me the race your doing (out of the first 4) and i'll PM you back with the exact car and specs that will have you winning with ease. Or if i get my broadband working, i'll sell them stupidly high on AH

My only gripe with the game, yet again another racing game and Australia gets excluded. We hold the record for the fastest ute/pickup, yet they still wont include our cars. Not to mention our VE voted in almost every magazine best car, got to be worth something a $50,000 car out handling a $120,000 BMW.
Would it be so hard to include an Aussie region, with Holden, Ford, and maybe the Aussie Mitsubishi's. I can think of about 20 or so cars off the top of my head which would be perfect for the game (F6 Typhoon ftw)
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1947503)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Argh!

I've completed all the races and just trying to get some money together to get the last achievements (buy all the cars).

I got all the European cars and need about 1.7 million worth of Japanese cars and all the Japanese cars.

So, to raise money I did the R1 championship again. I got the prize money for the races (£80,000-£90-000-ish) but you don't get a championship win bonus.

Arse! I hope they release some extra championships for download when they release some new tracks.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 21:04 (Ref:1947623)   #73
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool about the peugeot 908 HDI, i didnt know it was already ingame, now all we need is a audi R10, zytek 07S and pescarolo and we can have a good ol' 2007 lemans battle.

oh and they should STILL let us paint the race car's
Old 29 Jun 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1949805)   #74
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They prolly have some license issues with painting the race cars. PC games work around those issues by having quite open end templates to be used, with console games that is hard to do.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 08:21 (Ref:1950989)   #75
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loving this game - it's the release of the year for me.

Went out and bought the xBox360 wireless wheel and it's even better, I've purchased a cheap race seat off eBay though and I'm going to build some sort of sim seat to keep everything in place.

The livery editor seems to be a lot more versitile and easy to use than it was in Forza 1.

If there are any Aussie players out there looking for a game my user handle is BUCKSHOT666