Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 May 2000, 16:18 (Ref:2560)   #1
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I know we keep debating this sorry class, but it is my opinion that it has sunk to an all time low this weekend.

I have just been looking at this weekends qualifying results and despite there being no clashing Powertour (NSC) meeting, there are only 3 class B cars in attendance. Alan Morrisson and the two Bawell Motorsport Guys.

Out of those 3 James Kaye failed to post a time in one session and was 7 seconds off the pace of his team mate Mark Lemmer in the other session. He has clearly got a problem and may not race tomorrow leaving us with just 2 class B's.

John Bintcliffes team have withdrawn their 2 cars to try and sort out the engine problems they have been having.

A further sign of the organisers desperation (in my opinion) is their descision to run a second car themselves. So from Silverstone another peugeot 306 GTi, possibly driven by Will Hoy will join the fray.

Could it be that the NSC teams are staying away because class B is being treated as a second class? The only real TV coverage they get is when one of the ST cars is lapping them, and most results services only tell you who took pole or won in that class?
Old 13 May 2000, 22:52 (Ref:2561)   #2
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was one of the people who were concerned that NSC rules were looking likely to be adopted by TOCA/BMP next season. However, after attending several Powertour meetings this season, I have to say that I can't wait! The NSC 2000 is what the BTCC was six or eight years ago - albeit a little less professional. Don't be put off by Class B...
Old 14 May 2000, 20:09 (Ref:2562)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Class B in the Touring Cars really hasn't caught my imagination. Saying that though, I think the TV coverage that's been given to Class B has been appalling and means that in terms of extra media coverage there's no incentive for teams to be there.
I've been to a few rounds of the Powertour this season and I've got to say that the NSC is proving to be quite interesting. But really, someone should tell Masini to stop driving into every Peugeot he sees
Old 15 May 2000, 07:01 (Ref:2563)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After seeing the coverage of the races on TV and at Thruxton - the NSC looks really good - lots of close racing and incidents (just like the BTCC of old)... So bring it on for next year!!!

Dan Eaves was slightly lucky to walk away from the accident at Oulton.