Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 May 2000, 20:19 (Ref:2629)   #1
ganda123
Racer

ganda123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How does this sound? The new rules for the BTCC should be a combination of both ideas that BMP have come up with. The old '92 touring car rules should be used for one class and they should coax back some of the old drivers like Soper and Cleland for example (I know he'd come back) and get them all racing each other. In seperate races but part of the same package should be the superstar format with drivers like Rydell, Muller etc. It would be expensive but probably would work well.
What does everyone else think?
Old 19 May 2000, 02:55 (Ref:2630)   #2
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd certainly be in favour of a Touring car meeting. That is to say, lose the Clio's, Formula Vauxhalls, Lotus Elises et al, and have a day of real saloon car racing.
A couple of ST'92 races, Superstars, Rouse/Hall's Supercars, Peter Mallett's favourite kind of racing should feature too. Classic Touring cars, not just the post historics, but the Jag Mk2's, Mini's, Anglia's, Lotus Cortina's of old.

I think this would be a sure fire winner. I'm afraid to admit it, but when there's anything other than the BTTC cars on track, that's when I go get a salmonella-burger and a UHT coffee, and start walking 'round the paddock.
I was really narked that the ICS Historics left the TOCA package a couple of years ago. That was as entertaining to me as the BTTC!

Where do I send my proposal?!
Old 19 May 2000, 17:55 (Ref:2631)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparky:
Peter Mallett's favourite kind of racing should feature too. Classic Touring cars, not just the post historics, but the Jag Mk2's, Mini's, Anglia's, Lotus Cortina's of old.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey. I like Sports cars as well.

We used to support the Toca package back in the early days but then they got too packagey and Pete Hall of ICS fame developed the Classic Touring Cars which needed professional budgets to run them. They race as part of the CSCC Classic Thunder now and they have suffered from extreme costs just like the BTCC. Get it back to homologated cars and components and let the drivers show what can be done.
Old 20 May 2000, 18:42 (Ref:2632)   #4
ganda123
Racer

Shall we write to BMP?
Old 20 May 2000, 18:56 (Ref:2633)   #5
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes! Do it now Mr Ganda... I'll buy the stamp!

What would you like to see?

ST'92's, Historic and Post Historic's, British Saloon Car Champ's; (Galaxies, Cooper S's, Lotus Cortinas etc), Touring car '85; (RS 500's and BMW M3's) Any more?

That ought to fill a day's racing! More importantly...
That should put bums on seats!
Old 21 May 2000, 19:36 (Ref:2634)   #6
ganda123
Racer

Consider it done
(But one thing, I'm Miss Ganda, but no hard feelings )