Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 May 2000, 19:07 (Ref:2590)   #1
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the old saying goes, I he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all.

That about sums up James Thompsons season so far...

At the first meeting of the year, he has a big accident and has to miss the next two meetings of the year, then he makes his return, drives to a fine second place and gets disqualified!

Not going well for the Pre season favourite is it?
Old 17 May 2000, 19:30 (Ref:2591)   #2
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well, I feel sorry for the guy regarding the Knockhill infringement - You have to trust your engineer on these things.

However... The crash at Brands.

He was going too fast on cold tyres; end of story. He knew the tyre warmers were not being used (for the first time in a race since their inroduction) so he should have expected it. I doubt he forgot - he was in the same position as everybody else.

Sometimes, you make your own luck.

I hope he gets it together and brings the fight to Ford, otherwise what have we got...?
Old 17 May 2000, 20:20 (Ref:2592)   #3
ganda123
Racer

ganda123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know why I'm fighting for Thommo, becuase I am a Rydell supporter, but it aint over till it's over, and if he has some really excellant results and the fords post a few retirements he'll be away - look what's happened in F1 with Hakko and Schumi. Also never count out Muller, he's only 5 points behind, and at this stage anything could happen to anyone.
Failing that we'll have to hope for a dog fight with the Ford drivers slagging off one another trying to win and therefore take the championship, but out of those three Rickard is definately the man who deserves it in my opinion.