Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Jun 2023, 14:38 (Ref:4165777)   #1
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTCRC Brands Hatch July 1 and 2

Great entry lists for this. Sunday on the Indy circuit should be a hoot. A proper grids of Super Tourers too. Well done CTCRC and MSV
Old 28 Jun 2023, 15:59 (Ref:4165786)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Great entry lists for this. Sunday on the Indy circuit should be a hoot. A proper grids of Super Tourers too. Well done CTCRC and MSV
Yep, and with a bit of luck the weather will hold as well
Old 2 Jul 2023, 22:20 (Ref:4166351)   #3
Mike Crow
Racer

Well, what a great couple of days. Huge grids, huge crowds, splendid racing and a real sense of occasion all in a relaxed festival atmosphere. Well done to all involved. The sight of a mini snapping all over the heels of Grant Williams Jaguar was a complete time warp. I was never much into Super Tourers but they made a fine spectacle and the display area was truly impressive ( though the BMW CSL put them all in the shade) Thank you MSV and thank you CTCRC.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 09:41 (Ref:4166644)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, what a great couple of days. Huge grids, huge crowds, splendid racing and a real sense of occasion all in a relaxed festival atmosphere. Well done to all involved. The sight of a mini snapping all over the heels of Grant Williams Jaguar was a complete time warp. I was never much into Super Tourers but they made a fine spectacle and the display area was truly impressive ( though the BMW CSL put them all in the shade) Thank you MSV and thank you CTCRC.
Echo those thoughts, great entertainment and some of those super touring drivers weren't hanging about! I rather thought it would be a high speed demo but there was some good racing right across the classes.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 06:04 (Ref:4166908)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There were some very interesting names on the grid too!!
Old 6 Jul 2023, 12:44 (Ref:4166950)   #6
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While at Thruxton for the Truck race meeting last year, I engaged in an interesting conversation with a member of the circuit staff. We started chatting about the previous meeting, the Thruxton Historic, and he mentioned that to replace the poorly supported MRL races the BARC were planning to hold a Super Touring event as part of this season's Thruxton Historic.

I took it that the CTCRC would form the nucleus of the weekend and I was surprised that the CTCRC didn't include Thruxton in this season's calendar. What a difference it would have made to the 2023 Thruxton Historic with at least another eight races.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4166986)   #7
Mike Crow
Racer

[QUOTE=GCCheddaris;4166950]While at Thruxton for the Truck race meeting last year, I engaged in an interesting conversation with a member of the circuit staff. We started chatting about the previous meeting, the Thruxton Historic, and he mentioned that to replace the poorly supported MRL races the BARC were planning to hold a Super Touring event as part of this season's Thruxton Historic.

I took it that the CTCRC would form the nucleus of the weekend and I was surprised that the CTCRC didn't include Thruxton in this season's calendar. What a difference it would have made to the 2023 Thruxton Historic with at least another eight races.[/QUOT

I guess an event at Brands Hatch with full support and promotion by MSV was a more beguiling prospect
Old 6 Jul 2023, 18:23 (Ref:4166996)   #8
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
I guess an event at Brands Hatch with full support and promotion by MSV was a more beguiling prospect
And given the success of the event last weekend I would guess Thruxton would find it hard to wrestle it away from the MSV in the future.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 20:01 (Ref:4167005)   #9
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
And given the success of the event last weekend I would guess Thruxton would find it hard to wrestle it away from the MSV in the future.
I was thinking the same thing. A shame as the CTCRC put on a great show at Thruxton's Truck meeting last year with big grids, well prepared cars and close racing.