Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Apr 2017, 01:09 (Ref:3724864)   #151
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People who don't follow the series closely, are just as miffed as the die-hards.

As I said yesterday, sometimes rules need to be bent, in the best interests of the sport and the fanbase. Another blight on the sport, for the sake of bureaucracy.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3725127)   #152
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It used to a simple rule (much like F1) but somehow it got changed and poorly worded.
Hence the need to restart despite knowing there was no time left for a racing lap.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 23:50 (Ref:3725140)   #153
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feel like fabs was a bit hard done by really, especially when you consider he'd be leading the championship sans the 35 point penalty
Old 10 Apr 2017, 02:35 (Ref:3725167)   #154
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Feel like fabs was a bit hard done by really, especially when you consider he'd be leading the championship sans the 35 point penalty
His relaxed attitude about losing 35pts might help him move forward but I'd rather see someone arcing up about this decision.
If everyone got through and the race had not been stopped would he have been penalised for banging doors with Rick?
Old 10 Apr 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3725172)   #155
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
His relaxed attitude about losing 35pts might help him move forward but I'd rather see someone arcing up about this decision.
If everyone got through and the race had not been stopped would he have been penalised for banging doors with Rick?
Not at all.

A decision that makes absolutely no sense based on past decisions.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 03:38 (Ref:3725181)   #156
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
he admitted he did wrong, hard to arc up when you admit you made a mistake
Old 10 Apr 2017, 04:30 (Ref:3725186)   #157
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
he admitted he did wrong, hard to arc up when you admit you made a mistake
Hmm, I didn't see an admission from him, must have missed that.

Surprising then that he feels he did the wrong thing.
I'm sure lots of drivers involved in Saturdays mess would perhaps do things differently but not sure where there is an error worthy of a 35pt deduction.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3725194)   #158
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Extract from Stewards Report:

Quote:
"The Stewards imposed a penalty of the loss of 35 Championship Points on Car #12, Fabian Coulthard, following an investigation and an admission of Reckless Driving by him (Failing to give racing room to Car #15, on the exit of Turn 3, causing Car #15 to impact the fence on the left-hand side. Consequently, Car #14 who was immediately behind Cars #12 and #15 impacted the rear of both Cars. Car #14 was found not to have contributed to the incident. Car #12 was found to be predominately to blame for the Incident involving Cars #15 and #14)."
Old 10 Apr 2017, 05:04 (Ref:3725196)   #159
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Surprising then that he feels he did the wrong thing.
I'm sure lots of drivers involved in Saturdays mess would perhaps do things differently but not sure where there is an error worthy of a 35pt deduction.
Bare in mind that as a result of Mr Coulthard's actions, 4 cars left the weekend on zero points.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 05:05 (Ref:3725197)   #160
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
"The Stewards imposed a penalty of the loss of 35 Championship Points on Car #12, Fabian Coulthard, following an investigation and an admission of Reckless Driving by him (Failing to give racing room to Car #15, on the exit of Turn 3, causing Car #15 to impact the fence on the left-hand side. Consequently, Car #14 who was immediately behind Cars #12 and #15 impacted the rear of both Cars. Car #14 was found not to have contributed to the incident. Car #12 was found to be predominately to blame for the Incident involving Cars #15 and #14)."
OK thanks.
Cheers for posting that up
Old 10 Apr 2017, 05:09 (Ref:3725198)   #161
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Bare in mind that as a result of Mr Coulthard's actions, 4 cars left the weekend on zero points.
Yep understood and now see there was an admission.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 05:13 (Ref:3725199)   #162
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Not at all.

A decision that makes absolutely no sense based on past decisions.
This is how I saw it too.
Kinda like a penalty has been applied because of how much wreckage followed.

But hard to argue that now when Fab agrees he was out of line
Old 10 Apr 2017, 06:08 (Ref:3725204)   #163
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you go back and look at most previous Stewards Reports, where there is an investigation & the alleged offender appears before the Stewards, there is invariably an admission of guilt recorded, in conjunction with a penalty being applied.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3728369)   #164
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So can we assume that #5 and #97 would not have been penalised if the TV replay had not been shown?

If so what does this say about the judge of fact positioned at pit entry and perhaps more importantly Race Control apparent inability to understand that if one driver crossed the line potentially many more did. Were they at investigating this prior to the TV replay?
Old 23 Apr 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3728755)   #165
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So can we assume that #5 and #97 would not have been penalised if the TV replay had not been shown?

If so what does this say about the judge of fact positioned at pit entry and perhaps more importantly Race Control apparent inability to understand that if one driver crossed the line potentially many more did. Were they at investigating this prior to the TV replay?
you must know that the TV commentators are employees of (V8) Supercars, and that it is their duty to spice up an otherwise boring race, so if they can dob in someone to make this boring as **** racing interesting they will, you have seen it before with swearing over the radio, 4 minutes later the Commentary Box drones hear it, play it - and WHAM!!!! penalty
Old 23 Apr 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3728756)   #166
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
I can't believe that some people are still so gullible to think that this 'racing' is not staged and controlled by (V8) Supercars and their lackies CAMS

How do you think Frosty won the championship, here Roland, a stack of cash to let Frosty win
Old 23 Apr 2017, 22:24 (Ref:3728784)   #167
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I can't believe that some people are still so gullible to think that this 'racing' is not staged and controlled by (V8) Supercars and their lackies CAMS

How do you think Frosty won the championship, here Roland, a stack of cash to let Frosty win
The sales in Sydney Harbour Bridges seem to be strong right now.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Apr 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3728786)   #168
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The sales in Sydney Harbour Bridges seem to be strong right now.
come on Dave, you have been around long enough
Old 23 Apr 2017, 23:06 (Ref:3728792)   #169
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

how much cash?
Old 5 May 2017, 07:51 (Ref:3731149)   #170
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I think people should be penalised for their actions, not for the consequences of these actions.
Old 5 May 2017, 07:55 (Ref:3731151)   #171
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So can we assume that #5 and #97 would not have been penalised if the TV replay had not been shown?...
My thoughts exactly. I bet RD & TE would not have been pleased with that footage getting a run.
Old 5 May 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3731155)   #172
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Quote:

You're officially the most cynical bloke I know and that's saying something! I think the competitive nature of people like RD et al is far, far stronger than any love for the folding stuff.
Old 5 May 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3731212)   #173
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Shenken is in hospital and Masi is taking over. Is there a qualified race director in the country as a backup to Masi when Shenken eventually retires?
Old 6 May 2017, 05:33 (Ref:3731400)   #174
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
You're officially the most cynical bloke I know and that's saying something! I think the competitive nature of people like RD et al is far, far stronger than any love for the folding stuff.
You say cynical, I say brain chemical imbalance.
Old 7 May 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3731882)   #175
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
In adelaide JC turned simona around while she entered the pits, no penalty
in WA rullo turns Lowndes around while lowndes enters pits. Penalty

No consistency