Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 18 Mar 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1870320)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2007 F1 predictions competition round 1, Australia - RESULTS!

Alright then, here are the results of the first round!

Please bear in mind this is my first attempt, so mistakes are inevitable especially as I had to type this out twice thanks to a wrong button press.

Any problems, get in touch and I'll sort it ASAP!

Well done to this weeks winners maltafan and devilracernz. You can't make a better start to a season than that!

OK, here's the points:

11 points
maltafan
devilracernz

10 points
ralf fan
steve nielsen
Notso Swift
Bleu
Christopher
903cc

9 points
Knowlesy
BootsOntheSide
f1-carzy
Mekola
Smokey 6 litre
Boxy
Sev
Pitstop
The Mong
Mark Webber

8 points
dazbaz_99
SALEEN S7R
Chatters
steve_r
Peter Mallett
Daisy
ljakse
neilap
chunterer
Red Bulldog
Sztepen
Racer_kyle
senna12
gti5notrkt
bulldogspirit
Jacko44
Jennifer_ni
alesi95

7 points
pwr fan
Jon Lincoln
Fish_Flake
JohnSSC
mjstallard
alonso11
x_dt
Oval_Junky
dj choc ice
Steve Carter
rost-doktorn
gts300
Peno
touringlegend
Gerben 24
Ingsy
ssilviu

6 points
TheKing
martyn bott
T0MAT01
James C.
andy_b
beau1
Last2LiftOff
amk
Jimmy Magnusson
davec
esorniloc
RT
White flag man
300kph
icemachine
supermagnet
Thorstone

5 points
Paddockman
ScotsBrutesFan
lovebritF3
koper
Next V8 King
SZaucy
NEK®
Saintric

And this weeks "competitors of shame" with 4 points
MrTTraces
Skam85
Davhut

Other awards

The "how the hell did I lose" award goes to steve_r, who guessed all eight points finishers but somehow contrived to get them all in the wrong positions. You couldn't make it up!

Thanks to everyone for entering and I hope to see you all (and more) for round 2, the Malaysian GP.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 18 Mar 2007 at 18:41. Reason: Absolutely shocking typos
Old 18 Mar 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1870339)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is about time.....over 12 hours have passed since the race....

Nah, but good job first up knowles. keep it up

P2 for me...a good start...could have easily been a victory if i had a bit of faith in Ralf and Toyota...
Old 18 Mar 2007, 16:52 (Ref:1870354)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was quick mate. 7 points aint bad for me but damn that Ferrari of Massa's breaking down in Qually!
Old 18 Mar 2007, 18:38 (Ref:1870463)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Knowlesy for getting the results up so quickly. Not too bad a round for me, 8 points is ok. Just a shame Massa had his problems, ah well always next time.
Old 18 Mar 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1870767)   #5
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wooo! 5th place, not to bad methinks im sure i did a damn site better than on the sebring 12 hours prediction
Old 18 Mar 2007, 21:06 (Ref:1870770)   #6
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done knowlesy, well done - as fast as Lewis on his first attempt!
Old 19 Mar 2007, 00:02 (Ref:1870973)   #7
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the quick results knowlesy . Well done to everyone . 6 points is quite possibly my best start to a season.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 00:31 (Ref:1870984)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
knowlesy well done mate.

not bad for a first time 8 points for me.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 07:46 (Ref:1871086)   #9
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I didn't check this thread yesterday, as I thought it was too early with the results, but you exceeded my expectaions.
.... and more than that, you gave me good news.

Seems I had a pretty good guess this weekend. I'm first in another forum competition and 3rd in another, apart from this.

Thanks Knowelesy for the job.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1871108)   #10
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Equal 3rd first time out is alright!

And pwrfan, check the scores again, I believe you actually have 7 points

Mr Knowlesy for running the comp.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1871165)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!

"The "how the hell did I lose" award goes to steve_r, who guessed all eight points finishers but somehow contrived to get them all in the wrong positions. You couldn't make it up!"

Thanks for the quick results!

Last edited by steve_r; 19 Mar 2007 at 09:28. Reason: oops
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1871588)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A podium at the first race! Can it get any better?

Well done the winners and thanks to knowlesy.
Old 19 Mar 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1871806)   #13
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
P2 for me...a good start...could have easily been a victory if i had a bit of faith in Ralf and Toyota...
I am an Australian with Scottish back ground, all I needed was a little LESS faith