Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2023, 13:48 (Ref:4157154)   #2576
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
I think we'll finish with 162
Old 21 May 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4157155)   #2577
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Yep, just reached 160 with enough tine to get round, barring half the Nordschleife being under waved yellows.
Old 21 May 2023, 13:51 (Ref:4157156)   #2578
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
68,000 people streaming
Old 21 May 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4157157)   #2579
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Distance record smashed. Fantastic.
Old 21 May 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4157158)   #2580
N Martin
Racer

N Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridN Martin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've stayed awake all night watching this and so glad I did. It was well worth it.
Old 21 May 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4157160)   #2581
N Martin
Racer

On to lap 161 wow! Historic race. Qualifying lap record, Race lap record and Distance lap record all broken. Also a win for a non German manufacturer for nearly 20 years. What a race.
Old 21 May 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4157161)   #2582
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
68,000 people streaming
74K now
Old 21 May 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4157162)   #2583
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did the leading Ferrari go too deep into the slow zone?!
Old 21 May 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4157163)   #2584
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I don't think so.

A marvellous performance from Frikadelli Racing.
Old 21 May 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4157165)   #2585
N Martin
Racer

Massive congratulations to the Frikadelli team and Ferrari. What a race. Brilliant. Thanks for the chat everyone.
Old 21 May 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4157166)   #2586
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Wow what a race - they did it for Sabine...
Old 21 May 2023, 14:30 (Ref:4157174)   #2587
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Nicely done Frikadelli and that team. Hated I missed all but the last 30. Forgot this one was going on this weekend.
Old 21 May 2023, 14:33 (Ref:4157175)   #2588
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I don't think so.

A marvellous performance from Frikadelli Racing.
I don't know when it actually started, but they appeared to drive past double yellows, slow way down and then past the next green flag, very slowly get back going again. That said, I never saw what the slow zone was for, and
would've been very harsh at that point......
Old 21 May 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4157196)   #2589
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Wow what a race - they did it for Sabine...

That made me choke up
Old 21 May 2023, 15:58 (Ref:4157198)   #2590
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Great race, great coverage. The images on video feed both day and night were fantastic!
Old 21 May 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4157241)   #2591
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great victory!

First non-German brand winning since the Zakspeed Viper around twenty years ago.
Old 21 May 2023, 20:23 (Ref:4157268)   #2592
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a beautiful victory

Klaus borrowed his lucky hat back from the museum -

https://twitter.com/nuerburgring/sta...16226613116936
Old 22 May 2023, 08:16 (Ref:4157404)   #2593
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Great race from what I saw (I caught the first hour, then a few hours as the sun set and darkness fell, then picked it back up again for the final couple of hours). I thought the coverage was really good - some of the onboard shots in particular were stunning (especiaaly in the dark). Great that the commentary team were able to speak with some of the drivers not long after they'd been in the car - it was interesting to get their perspective on things and impressive how relaxed they were having just completed a stint.

Were punctures more of an issue this time than usual? There seemed to be quite a lot but I don't know whether that's just a standard run rate? The Grello Porsche retired due to tyre issues - seems odd that one car would have problems with tyres that they couldn't resolve?

Good to see the Manta getting to the end (and 3rd in class), sorry to see the Dacia get drilled and written off. The GT3 cars are obviously incredibly impressive but the variety makes this race even more special. I hope these 'oddball' entries continue in whatever form in the future.
Old 22 May 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4157485)   #2594
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Were punctures more of an issue this time than usual? There seemed to be quite a lot but I don't know whether that's just a standard run rate? The Grello Porsche retired due to tyre issues - seems odd that one car would have problems with tyres that they couldn't resolve?
It does seem that the Porsche teams had the most issues, but there were more issues than the last couple of years.

I suspect when the cars are setup so succinctly for the 'Ring, and then BoP changes come in before the race, it may tip some parameters over the edge.
Old 22 May 2023, 19:58 (Ref:4157502)   #2595
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Good to see the Manta getting to the end (and 3rd in class), sorry to see the Dacia get drilled and written off. The GT3 cars are obviously incredibly impressive but the variety makes this race even more special. I hope these 'oddball' entries continue in whatever form in the future.

Not really having followed the race for several years I was not familiar with the Foxtail Manta, nor the Dacia Logan (huh, what?).

The Dacia ended up really smushed*, and they are saying this is the end because they can not source an engine-but the engine is Renault, so I'm puzzled as I would think a two liter Renault is not that difficult?

I liked the 'Dacia vs Goliath' graphic on the car.

Hindaugh was saying he wanted to get a Dacia Jogger and enter-more googling for me.

* I know the driver went to hospital, is there any further word?
Old 23 May 2023, 00:36 (Ref:4157521)   #2596
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
The Ollis Garage Dacia driver, Maximilian Weissermel, was checked and released from hospital per releases from the team.
Old 23 May 2023, 05:37 (Ref:4157530)   #2597
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50% of the GT3 cars retired. It always feels that in these endurance races with GT3 cars that so many of them have problems and that teams often retire them as soon as they are out of contention. Take GTWC Europe as an example.

Anyway. RIP to the marshal who passed away.
Old 23 May 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4157569)   #2598
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Not really having followed the race for several years I was not familiar with the Foxtail Manta, nor the Dacia Logan (huh, what?).
For me these sort of entries really add to the event - for these teams it's about being there and getting to the end. I don't think they were there this year but there was a team (last year?) running a BMW and the engine was out of a car they bought off ebay Without these sort of entries I think the event would lose some of what makes it so special - see also the point below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
50% of the GT3 cars retired. It always feels that in these endurance races with GT3 cars that so many of them have problems and that teams often retire them as soon as they are out of contention.
Agreed - I guess this is more prevalent in the teams with all pro driver lineups? If you've got an am driver paying big bucks I'd assume they'd keep running. This is why you need the large multi class entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
RIP to the marshal who passed away.
I understand this was a medical condition rather than anything directly related to the race. Sad to lose one of the marshalling family whatever the circumstances. Should add a thank you to the huge army of marshals that make the event possible - I have no idea of the number of marshals required but it must be huge.
Old 23 May 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4157577)   #2599
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes I agree having a few quirky entries adds to it. Events like these shouldn't only be pros, the amateurs mean just as much. I seem to remember the story of that team running the Beemer and amazing they find the right car that had the engine on ebay. Don't need an all pro event and to be fair, the event isn't spoiled by not having that many big names take place. At the end of the day only one crew can win, but anyone who gets to the end is worth of credit. And it's also why keeping the multi class entries is very important

Sad news about the marshal. Credit to all the orange army for doing this event, it's what helps keep this event going. With a long course you probably need almost of all the countries marshals. Especially with it being 24 hours and there needing to be a few changeovers
Old 26 May 2023, 20:02 (Ref:4158099)   #2600
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was quite busy over the weekend of May 19, I could not see the race. Hoping the replay will be up soon. Too bad we have to wait. Not an issue with the N24 Q Race or the NLS races.