Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 May 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4109247)   #2376
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Do not try to understand, just enjoy the racing at the Nordschleife!
Great advice. This weekend was my first visit to my favourite place on Earth for nearly three years.

Friday, 1217, Adenauer Forst, a clutch of awesome GT3s roared past. I won’t say I cried with joy, but it is possible some dust blew into my eye at that moment and caused a tear

Nürburgring does that too you. My God how I missed it…
Old 8 May 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4109248)   #2377
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Early reports, but one of the marshals died during the race. They tried to bring him back but were unsuccessful. Questions about why no red flag.

https://twitter.com/MiesChris/status...34913222529025
Old 8 May 2022, 19:37 (Ref:4109254)   #2378
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news:

Quote:
A marshal who collapsed towards the end of the race has died. Although doctors were immediately on the spot and immediately initiated resuscitation measures, the death of the 52-year-old had to be determined in the end. Our thoughts are with his family and all loved ones.
https://twitter.com/24hNBR/status/1523352096242028545
Old 9 May 2022, 08:52 (Ref:4109352)   #2379
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Do not try to understand, just enjoy the racing at the Nordschleife!
Couldn't have put it better myself. There is no such thing as a dull race at the Nordschleife. The spectacle of seeing cars go round there, no matter what the series, can make even a procession fun to watch
Old 13 May 2022, 05:45 (Ref:4109790)   #2380
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I'm always confused as to how all these 'Qualifying Races' and this single car shootout fits into the grand scheme of the N24, but always entertaining to watch, especially over breakfast.
Effectively it's just an excuse to have more races on the Nordschleife.
Old 13 May 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4109807)   #2381
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe someone here can tell me if there is any chance of getting transportation from Cologne to the Nordschleife for this event. I have no car which, I know, is the best option. But maybe for the biggest event of the year there I thought there might be shuttles or something that I am not able to find right now.
Old 13 May 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4109809)   #2382
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
Maybe someone here can tell me if there is any chance of getting transportation from Cologne to the Nordschleife for this event. I have no car which, I know, is the best option. But maybe for the biggest event of the year there I thought there might be shuttles or something that I am not able to find right now.

Nope, there isn´t a shuttle.
Old 13 May 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4109810)   #2383
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.biggarage.de/info/vln_nuerburgring.html - might be worth checking out?

'Transfer to Nürburgring
It’s not an easy thing to get to Nürburgring. But our transfer service is open and ready for everyone. We pick you up in the nearest city, airport, or railway station, and will take you back after your visit!
Koblenz — 60 km
Bonn — 60 km
Cologne — 85 km
Trier — 90 km
Aachen — 140 km
Düsseldorf — 130 km
Luxembourg — 130 km
Frankfurt — 170 km
Please specify your pickup location and time beforehand.'
Old 13 May 2022, 18:10 (Ref:4109844)   #2384
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry List:
https://gt-place.com/2022/05/13/24h-...-starterliste/
Old 14 May 2022, 14:07 (Ref:4109890)   #2385
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
http://www.biggarage.de/info/vln_nuerburgring.html - might be worth checking out?

'Transfer to Nürburgring
It’s not an easy thing to get to Nürburgring. But our transfer service is open and ready for everyone. We pick you up in the nearest city, airport, or railway station, and will take you back after your visit!
Koblenz — 60 km
Bonn — 60 km
Cologne — 85 km
Trier — 90 km
Aachen — 140 km
Düsseldorf — 130 km
Luxembourg — 130 km
Frankfurt — 170 km
Please specify your pickup location and time beforehand.'
Thanks! I wrote them yesterday in both by e-mail and via WhatsApp. They read it but no response yet.
Old 14 May 2022, 16:31 (Ref:4109911)   #2386
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least now we know, hope plenty see that schedule. Hopefully you will get a response soon, at least they have seen it
Old 14 May 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4109965)   #2387
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
At least now we know, hope plenty see that schedule. Hopefully you will get a response soon, at least they have seen it
What are you talking about?
Old 16 May 2022, 17:52 (Ref:4110255)   #2388
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
The Opel Manta caught fire while preparing for the 24h race at the Nürburgring!
https://gt-place.com/2022/05/16/24h-...-faengt-feuer/
Old 16 May 2022, 18:47 (Ref:4110276)   #2389
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
NEIN!
Old 17 May 2022, 12:40 (Ref:4110355)   #2390
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
The Opel Manta caught fire while preparing for the 24h race at the Nürburgring!
https://gt-place.com/2022/05/16/24h-...-faengt-feuer/
Not worth watching now
Old 18 May 2022, 09:51 (Ref:4110459)   #2391
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We've still got the Dacia and a Mini to cheer on though.

Despite this news, still very much looking forward to next week.
Old 18 May 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4110468)   #2392
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
We've still got the Dacia and a Mini to cheer on though.
The Mini looked speedy at the QR. It has a rear wing like a hillclimb car
Old 21 May 2022, 12:20 (Ref:4110787)   #2393
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Large album of pictures from the Qualifying Races: https://bit.ly/3yN30rt

One of my hardest ever edits! I took over 4,000 pictures at 4 spots: Adenauer Forst, Schwalbenschwanz, Kallenhard and Wehrseifen, all of them gloriously photogenic. Nice weather, virtually no crowds, easy parking access, a wonderful way to go back to Nurburgring after nearly three years.

Only SP9/SPX here - around 30 in all, including 3 KTM GT2s, the new Glickenhaus, a handle of BMW M4 GT3s and an Aston Martin GT3 (which has suddenly become a rare sight in GT racing).

Enjoy!
Old 21 May 2022, 13:16 (Ref:4110791)   #2394
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Large album of pictures from the Qualifying Races: https://bit.ly/3yN30rt

One of my hardest ever edits! I took over 4,000 pictures at 4 spots: Adenauer Forst, Schwalbenschwanz, Kallenhard and Wehrseifen, all of them gloriously photogenic. Nice weather, virtually no crowds, easy parking access, a wonderful way to go back to Nurburgring after nearly three years.

Only SP9/SPX here - around 30 in all, including 3 KTM GT2s, the new Glickenhaus, a handle of BMW M4 GT3s and an Aston Martin GT3 (which has suddenly become a rare sight in GT racing).

Enjoy!
Old 26 May 2022, 13:39 (Ref:4111382)   #2395
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only thing that can stop BMW winning is mistakes and reliability imo. They have such a straight line advantage that even if the lap time is slower they're hard to pass & keep behind.
Old 26 May 2022, 15:29 (Ref:4111404)   #2396
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Only thing that can stop BMW winning is mistakes and reliability imo. They have such a straight line advantage that even if the lap time is slower they're hard to pass & keep behind.

too soon to say, also M6 teams have been super fast during qualifying for years to then be nowhere during race
Old 27 May 2022, 08:31 (Ref:4111477)   #2397
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I watched some of qualifying last night - those BMWs are flying aren't they? Certainly they've got to be favourites. Also the #1 Manthey Porsche got done for a yellow flag infringement so won't be in the qualiyfing shootout and will start at the back of the first group. Good to see a Viper out there too - wasn't expecting that!
Old 27 May 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4111481)   #2398
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another yellow flag penalty for Manthey-Porsche....this time Estre - after Vanthoor in the 2019 race.....
Old 27 May 2022, 23:03 (Ref:4111551)   #2399
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW can only lose this if they break…they have the speed advantage and this is the 50 year anniversary of Mpower.
Old 28 May 2022, 08:45 (Ref:4111586)   #2400
S griffin
Veteran

What a weekend of great motorsport it's gonna be with the Monaco GP, Indy 500 and the Nurbrurgring 24 hours.