Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Jun 2007, 10:40 (Ref:1931091)   #1
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Snetterton 9/10 June

The annual visit of the HSCC to Snetterton is upon us, with the usual array of great cars and good grids. On Saturday we have the Autosport 3 Hour race for the Guards Trophy.

As there doesn't seem to be a huge number of meetings on around the country I was wondering who else is going and who has the magnet for the weekend (not Mr. Scannel as sounds like the management has him doing some serious DIY ).

If you haven't already volunteered for this one but would like to attend then contact Peter Rodwell.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 19:18 (Ref:1931504)   #2
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luck must be on my side 'cause at the last minute the plumber has decided to double book himself with what must be a more lucrative job so he can't do our work so wife has (very) reluctantly given permission for me to escape DIY duties - There is a god that also appreciates HSCC!!! - So I will be able to play after all - Thanks Sal!

Who else is going to be there? There's plently of fantastic entries and it's going to a superb meeting - suggest you don't miss it!

Terry
Old 7 Jun 2007, 20:42 (Ref:1931690)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell
Luck must be on my side 'cause at the last minute the plumber has decided to double book himself with what must be a more lucrative job so he can't do our work so wife has (very) reluctantly given permission for me to escape DIY duties - There is a god that also appreciates HSCC!!! - So I will be able to play after all - Thanks Sal!

Who else is going to be there? There's plently of fantastic entries and it's going to a superb meeting - suggest you don't miss it!

Terry
Terry,
How much did you pay the plumber to do that!
Unfotunately I haven't been so lucky, so she who must be obeyed has still got me working on Saturday, but I will be there on Sunday.
TTFN
Old 8 Jun 2007, 17:31 (Ref:1932462)   #4
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
terry plaese find "attached" 1(one) magnet that you or snetjohn slipped into my kit bag,it was only found after getting home from GT/F3 meeting
you must ave put it there saturaduy morning of 2CV meeting or during BBQ night before.
as cannot be there this weekend or next,away to onther meeting

peter
Old 11 Jun 2007, 13:14 (Ref:1933993)   #5
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you

My post last night has got 'wiped' but I would like to thank everyone at Snetterton for all their help and hard work over the weekend. It was a great meeting and we're already looking forward to coming back next year.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 18:50 (Ref:1934271)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it well worth every penny to encourage our plumber to find another job to go to over weekend - just please don't tell the wife!

What a fantastic weekend's racing with some superb cars competing over the two days, especially combined with the wonderful sounds of those lovely
F5000's on full song and the Autosport 3hr race bringing back memories of the original 3hr races of past years.

The quality of the racing especially in the Historic FF's and Historic Saloons was quite unbelievable, wheel to wheel dices thoughout the field, the first FF1600 was simply pure magic between the leaders - they could certainly teach the current crop of modern single seater drivers how to race hard but clean and fair, as could the saloon guys the current BTCC drivers!

Thanks to my two chauffeurs over the weekend, Chris & Dick for doing a superb job at keeping those very rapid F5000's and Autosport 3hr cars behind our Megane Safety Car, really appreciated your company, humour and memories of days gone.

Many thanks also to John, Brian, Dave, Peter and all the team upstairs for all their hard work keeping everything running smoothly and to all the marshals and recovery teams for the rapid clear ups etc.

Here's to the next HSCC Snet!

Terry

P.S. Peter - don't know about the whereabouts of the magnet -think it must be buried somewhere around Riches on current form but I do need to thank Dawn for not saying anything about a pork pie being consumed by a certain person situated in an elevated position overlooking the Startline prior to a certain Porsche depositing it's entire sump load of oil between Russell & Riches!!

Last edited by Terry Scannell; 11 Jun 2007 at 18:54.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1934906)   #7
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
My post last night has got 'wiped' but I would like to thank everyone at Snetterton for all their help and hard work over the weekend. It was a great meeting and we're already looking forward to coming back next year.
And I would like to add my thanks to John's for everyone's efforts over the weekend, although I think I need to have serious words about the pork pie matter with Terry. Overall we lost very little time until later on Sunday when three time-consuming incidents in successive races meant we weren't quite able to get back on timetable.

To the HSCC, thanks for getting some fantastic cars and the competitors producing some close but clean racing. Here's to next year.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 18:07 (Ref:1935291)   #8
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My first HSCC meeting of the year, and I could only make Sunday, but I wasn't let down.
Formula Fords, Formula Juniors, Historic Saloons, all great to watch. Thanks to the Historic Saloon guys (Cortina and Imp)for their oil slicks at the beginning of the start/finish straight, I needed warmimg up, NOT!
Won;t be back at Snett until the 750 meeting in mid July, so thanks to the A-team and I'll see you soon.