Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 25 Oct 2007, 08:42 (Ref:2050919)   #1
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great article on Bruno Junquiera

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/41218/

Quote:
He was a tenth of a second away from being a multi-millionaire in Formula 1. He drove for the best teams in Champ Car for six years. He had layers of engineering to support him and all the latest technical tricks. He rode in private planes and dined at the best restaurants with sponsors.
Quote:
“Before my accident at Indy, I always thought just about myself,” admitted Junqueira. “But now I want to make other people happy as well. It makes me feel good to see my mechanics smiling because I know they haven’t always had much to smile about.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 08:29 (Ref:2052539)   #2
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
His original goal was F1. After winning the 2000 F3000 title while also testing F1 with Frank Williams, Junqueira lost a full-time ride for 2001 to Jensen Button by a tenth of a second during a shootout.
I believe, Bruno was never going to have 2001 Williams ride...... and he lost to Button before 2000 season.

Otherwise, really good article. Nice to read something positive from mr. Miller from time to time
Old 27 Oct 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2052758)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Toropov
I believe, Bruno was never going to have 2001 Williams ride...... and he lost to Button before 2000 season.

Otherwise, really good article. Nice to read something positive from mr. Miller from time to time
I believe Bruno was never going to drive for Williams in 2001 - cos they already had Ralf & Montoya

Maybe the article meant to say 2000!
Old 27 Oct 2007, 20:13 (Ref:2052838)   #4
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I agree Hazard, I think that was 2000 as well.

Bruno has always struck me as a bit enigmatic. Don't get me wrong, he has shown great speed and gotten good results, but I thought his potential was way better than Bourdais' and I think he frittered away some good opportunities when he had better rides. He is driving a bit more "desperately" now with DCR.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 20:37 (Ref:2052854)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's never been all that special really. There is a reason Williams-BMW took on a young Jenson Button over Bruno and it was not because he beat him by less than a tenth over a timed shootout.

A good, competent driver but nothing more.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 22:24 (Ref:2052929)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The story is a nice one, of an injury creating an epiphany, and taking joy from working with different people who have never even had a sniff of a sponsor's armpit, let alone a decent budget

Maybe Mr Junquiera has learned something about himself...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods