Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Dec 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3947914)   #1151
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
fair question - pretty much anything. lifestyle choice, alternative career choices, country of residence choices, diet choices...
I think the peanut gallery heckling is typical for any public figure and the behavior is not unique to any gender. As fan, must you love everything about someone? Is it ok for me to be massively impressed with Lewis' motorsports accomplishments and also not care for his fashion choices?

Richard
Old 21 Dec 2019, 22:44 (Ref:3947928)   #1152
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
See, this is very vague and doesn't seem fair to ferrucci without specifics. We have specifics on some of these things with hamilton. We also have you saying that hamilton is harmless and living his best life. So pretty different from staying cancelled, as you would like with ferrucci.

I am probably and hopefully reading too much into it, but considering one of the odd things (somewhat controversial) I've heard about ferrucci and mostly came from his dad, it leads me to believe this is a political thing.
you can do your own research about what ferrucci said and did. it's not hard to learn more. i'm not here to do that research for you.

but if you think racism is a political matter and not a human one... then i'm afraid you're part of the problem. i have no desire, nor need to explain my political beliefs to you or anyone else here, but i am no raging liberal who follows anything blindly. i have my own moral compass, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think the peanut gallery heckling is typical for any public figure and the behavior is not unique to any gender. As fan, must you love everything about someone? Is it ok for me to be massively impressed with Lewis' motorsports accomplishments and also not care for his fashion choices?

Richard
it's not called "loving" things about everybody. its about respecting their choices. i like to think that you, as a reasonable human being will respect his right to choose what he wears and how he presents himself even if it doesn't appeal to your own taste. but you wouldn't bring it up as a reason why he's a bad choice for an idol or hero. plenty of people would.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 02:28 (Ref:3947950)   #1153
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's not called "loving" things about everybody. its about respecting their choices. i like to think that you, as a reasonable human being will respect his right to choose what he wears and how he presents himself even if it doesn't appeal to your own taste. but you wouldn't bring it up as a reason why he's a bad choice for an idol or hero. plenty of people would.
Ok, understand your point better now. Well put.

Richard
Old 22 Dec 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3947997)   #1154
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How is any of this nonsense about Williams?...
Old 22 Dec 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3948057)   #1155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Richard
Yes. Join the club.
Old 22 Dec 2019, 14:30 (Ref:3948058)   #1156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
How is any of this nonsense about Williams?...
It's all absolutely on point.

When I work out the point, I'll let you know!
Old 7 Jan 2020, 09:45 (Ref:3950136)   #1157
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Russel quoted as saying 2020 car will be an evolution of 19 car....oh dear...
Old 7 Jan 2020, 14:43 (Ref:3950201)   #1158
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Russel quoted as saying 2020 car will be an evolution of 19 car....oh dear...
I can image the focus in on 2021?

They have limited funds, so spending money on a soon to be extinct set of technical regulations is probably not well spent. Even if they did rob Peter (2021 R&D) to pay Paul (2020 car), I can't imagine them leaping forward up the grid. So what is the point of focusing on 2020? This assume the sponsors are on-board with the strategy (ie. back of the grid again) and they are financially secure enough to make it into 2021. I assume they have a plan both financially and technically.

Richard
Old 7 Jan 2020, 15:08 (Ref:3950210)   #1159
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
I can image the focus in on 2021?

They have limited funds, so spending money on a soon to be extinct set of technical regulations is probably not well spent. Even if they did rob Peter (2021 R&D) to pay Paul (2020 car), I can't imagine them leaping forward up the grid. So what is the point of focusing on 2020? This assume the sponsors are on-board with the strategy (ie. back of the grid again) and they are financially secure enough to make it into 2021. I assume they have a plan both financially and technically.

Richard
If they get to 2021 .....
Old 7 Jan 2020, 15:45 (Ref:3950221)   #1160
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
If they get to 2021 .....
As noted in my comment, it's an assumption. Nothing is written in stone, but I broadly assume things are in place to continue into 2021.

To add to my earlier comments, based upon my understanding of how the end of year payouts work, it's highly unlikely that a push for 2020 improvements would increase their FOM paycheck. They would need to surpass another team (move from #10 to #9 or higher) and I just don't see that happening right now. Challenging for #9 would be good. Frankly I expect the same in 2021, but hopefully they are in a better place going into 2021 than they are as they enter into 2020 season.

As to evolution of 2019 car. I assume only they know if the core issues (assuming they understand the issues) are baked into that concept (and they will have to live with it in 2020) or maybe whatever is wrong with that car is not inherent to the chassis and can be evolved to improve.

It's all speculation. It will be interesting to see how things look in testing and the first few races of 2020. That should set the tone for 2020 for them I think.

Richard
Old 7 Jan 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3950222)   #1161
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
As noted in my comment, it's an assumption. Nothing is written in stone, but I broadly assume things are in place to continue into 2021.

To add to my earlier comments, based upon my understanding of how the end of year payouts work, it's highly unlikely that a push for 2020 improvements would increase their FOM paycheck. They would need to surpass another team (move from #10 to #9 or higher) and I just don't see that happening right now. Challenging for #9 would be good. Frankly I expect the same in 2021, but hopefully they are in a better place going into 2021 than they are as they enter into 2020 season.

As to evolution of 2019 car. I assume only they know if the core issues (assuming they understand the issues) are baked into that concept (and they will have to live with it in 2020) or maybe whatever is wrong with that car is not inherent to the chassis and can be evolved to improve.

It's all speculation. It will be interesting to see how things look in testing and the first few races of 2020. That should set the tone for 2020 for them I think.

Richard
Of the 2019 car was fixable why on earth didnt they fix it ? I makes me so sad to see this...
Old 7 Jan 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3950227)   #1162
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Of the 2019 car was fixable why on earth didnt they fix it ? I makes me so sad to see this...
Assuming it's fixable, who knows at what point they understood what was wrong. Then the questions is time and money to develop fixes mid season. Also remember they struggled to just show up given the fiasco at start of season. So they have been on the back foot the entire time.

And this assumes it is fixable. The problem might not be fixable and they are just going to limp along until 2021. And even if fixable, how much time and money to fix it? Again, they may band-aid the car and focus on 2021.

It is sad. I have been a long time Williams fan. But this is racing! It has peaks and valleys.

Richard
Old 7 Jan 2020, 19:38 (Ref:3950265)   #1163
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
But if they don;t have the resources to build an all new car from scratch, and then do the same all over again next year? What then? Or do you want them to just fold? This to me seems like a missing the forest for the trees run. They were MILES behind everyone last season, they don't have the cash of even Haas who buys their car in the bargain bin from Ferrari. And they want to throw money after an aluminum gear box when everyone else has moved on so decisions don't seem to the strong suit of the team.

This to me feels like a let's make it until the rules get shuffled and see if we can spend 18 months working on a car instead of 8. I'm sure there has been some discussion with Latifi and sponsors about the future, doubt they would have signed without some kind of plan given the money I'm sure he's paid for that seat.
Old 7 Jan 2020, 19:50 (Ref:3950266)   #1164
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They are running a tight budget. I am sure they can still do the goods. Of course it is hard against the likes of Haas who everything in place. I reckon if things improve this season, 2021 will be something else. Latifi can help and I am sure he will do his best to keep the team afloat
Old 8 Jan 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3950489)   #1165
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
say what you will about Claire but another new sponsor for Williams and one which i believe is new to the sport as well (dont quote me on that though).

https://www.williamsf1.com/racing/ne...p-with-lavazza

anyways, i hope the deal is for more than just a free supply of coffee.
Old 8 Jan 2020, 20:58 (Ref:3950495)   #1166
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
say what you will about Claire but another new sponsor for Williams and one which i believe is new to the sport as well (dont quote me on that though).

Lavazza have been involved with the team before, good news for the team!

Bit of retro sponsorship there then!!
Old 8 Jan 2020, 21:53 (Ref:3950506)   #1167
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:

Except they have lost two major ones since Christmas ...:
Old 8 Jan 2020, 22:08 (Ref:3950510)   #1168
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lavazza sponsored the March 751, which was driven by Lella Lombardi in 1975 for March engineering. She's the only female driver to score a championship point in F1, finishing 6th at the 1975 Spanish GP.

Here she is at the Nürburgring.
Old 8 Jan 2020, 22:15 (Ref:3950515)   #1169
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And coincidentally they now have a female development driver
Old 8 Jan 2020, 22:33 (Ref:3950520)   #1170
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

I’ll say what I like about her thanks.

Lavazza is part of Latifi’s budget... not a team deal at all.
Old 9 Jan 2020, 14:30 (Ref:3950621)   #1171
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Is that distinction really that big? I have no reason to doubt your comment that Latifi is bringing the sponsor (and could potentially leave with Latifi), but I can't imagine that the money goes to anyone but the team in general?

Richard
Old 9 Jan 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3950627)   #1172
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any new sponsorship is good for the team even if it does come via the driver.

Lavazza is part of the Sofina foods group that is owned by Latifi Snr so not a major new deal from Claire.
Old 9 Jan 2020, 15:10 (Ref:3950628)   #1173
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I’ll say what I like about her thanks.

According to the ROKiT/Williams announcement: "ROKiT Williams Racing is pleased to announce Lavazza as an Official Team Partner for the 2020 FIA Formula One World Championship season.", that looks very much like a team deal.
Old 9 Jan 2020, 15:25 (Ref:3950631)   #1174
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Is that distinction really that big? I have no reason to doubt your comment that Latifi is bringing the sponsor (and could potentially leave with Latifi), but I can't imagine that the money goes to anyone but the team in general?

Richard
Not necessarily but OP claimed it as Claire finding a new team sponsor.

Which it isn’t.

Mr L will have guaranteed $x for y space on car for tax w/o...
Old 9 Jan 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3950634)   #1175
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
According to the ROKiT/Williams announcement: "ROKiT Williams Racing is pleased to announce Lavazza as an Official Team Partner for the 2020 FIA Formula One World Championship season.", that looks very much like a team deal.
“Williams is pleased to accept $x0,000,000 from our new driver who isn’t great but has a licence and the money, and will want his stickers on the car” doesn’t sound so great does it?