Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Oct 2007, 15:29 (Ref:2044630)   #51
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some have been successful being based outside of Charlotte or Indy. Penske's Indy car operation was in Reading, Pa., for years. Truesports, then Tasman, then Rahal-Letterman, is in Dublin, Ohio. Bill Elliott's operation was in Dawsonville, Ga. N/H/L is in Chicago.

But the RuSports team was based in Denver at the convenience of Carl Russo, who is no longer a factor. Unless you have a really first-rate team, potential employees, crewmen, engineers, etc., are hesitant to leave the Indy or Charlotte "loops" where all their racing contacts are and all the racing cottage shops are.

But I agree with John SSC....the merger with Rocketsports didn't work, CDW is going away and even if RuSport moved to Indy, the same situation faces it...plus I can't imagine the headaches Petit still must have and the bad taste he must have in dealing with Gentilozzi for six months.

Last edited by indycool; 19 Oct 2007 at 15:31.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 11:28 (Ref:2045299)   #52
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
It does make your point less valid if you have no clue what you are talking about.

Sure a team can survive anywhere with modern tech and transport. The point is that it is easier to do so in those key areas. Rusport always had a hard time from the beginning attracting personnel because of it's location.

As I understood it, Rusports days in Denver were limited once the team was sold. A 3rd car at PKV is more likely.

That is awfully nice of you to say this, mountainstar! I suppose that the forum should institute a policy where card-carrying members of "The Business" should be given priority posting privileges so that the more informed opinions are not obscured by the miscellaneous ramblings of the Great Unwashed. We (The Great Unwashed) can just sit here by the hearth, hoping to be included in the conversation of our betters, knowing that what we say or think is quite likely to be invalid.

So, I have to ask: to demonstrate that one is in "The Business" is there a membership card and/or secret decoder ring? If so, I aspire to them! Perhaps there is also some sort of Initiation Ritual! How exciting!

So tell us, please, all you insiders, how we should think and what we should say, since we are obviously incapable of providing valid thoughts!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 11:57 (Ref:2045311)   #53
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 20 Oct 2007, 12:08 (Ref:2045316)   #54
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Gotta love those non-verbal responses...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 12:11 (Ref:2045319)   #55
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
That is awfully nice of you to say this, mountainstar! I suppose that the forum should institute a policy where card-carrying members of "The Business" should be given priority posting privileges so that the more informed opinions are not obscured by the miscellaneous ramblings of the Great Unwashed. We (The Great Unwashed) can just sit here by the hearth, hoping to be included in the conversation of our betters, knowing that what we say or think is quite likely to be invalid.

So, I have to ask: to demonstrate that one is in "The Business" is there a membership card and/or secret decoder ring? If so, I aspire to them! Perhaps there is also some sort of Initiation Ritual! How exciting!

So tell us, please, all you insiders, how we should think and what we should say, since we are obviously incapable of providing valid thoughts!

John, I also find mountainstars post incredibly snobbish, patronising and arrogant

If his views are to be listened to then ten tenths may as well be closed down to anyone who doesn't 'work in the business'.

Anyway, I think the RuSport situation has been exhausted here

Time to move on...
Old 20 Oct 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2045371)   #56
fazzaz
Racer

United States
Appalachia, USA
fazzaz has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Reading all this, I have to suspect that Montainstar and a few others might be surprised by the positions held and backgrounds of some of the other members of this board.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 15:08 (Ref:2045423)   #57
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzaz
Reading all this, I have to suspect that Montainstar and a few others might be surprised by the positions held and backgrounds of some of the other members of this board.
Like those employed at Indy and post negatives in this forum of CC?

Last edited by luke; 20 Oct 2007 at 15:11.
Old 20 Oct 2007, 19:23 (Ref:2045565)   #58
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
luke, there are folks here who, believe it or not, DON'T work at IMS or for the IRL, yet still are involved in motor racing of the single seat variety and have less than a happy view of CC.

I have always tried to treat what anyone else may write here with some measure of respect. Trying to "smear" people regarding where they work (as if working for CC, IRL, ALMS, Rolex, wherever is a bad thing) is just as invalidating as some member's attempts to invalidate the thoughts/opinions of others simply because they THINK the other person has no involvement in the sport themselves or at least wish to portray their own involvement as more than it is.

Interesting though that the first thing that some can think of as a response, is to be negative and to link that negativity to a rather facile attempt to link persons who do not have a cheery view of CC to employment with the IRL.

If that linkage is the case, then let me be the first to say: "I'm Spartacus!"
Old 21 Oct 2007, 02:28 (Ref:2045783)   #59
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzaz
No I'm well aware of that, what makes you think otherwise?
Old 21 Oct 2007, 02:36 (Ref:2045784)   #60
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stradlin21
John, I also find mountainstars post incredibly snobbish, patronising and arrogant

If his views are to be listened to then ten tenths may as well be closed down to anyone who doesn't 'work in the business'.

Anyway, I think the RuSport situation has been exhausted here

Time to move on...
No I'm not a snob. I just tell it like it is.

Get the violins out.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 10:42 (Ref:2045989)   #61
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
luke, there are folks here who, believe it or not, DON'T work at IMS or for the IRL, yet still are involved in motor racing of the single seat variety and have less than a happy view of CC.

I have always tried to treat what anyone else may write here with some measure of respect. Trying to "smear" people regarding where they work (as if working for CC, IRL, ALMS, Rolex, wherever is a bad thing) is just as invalidating as some member's attempts to invalidate the thoughts/opinions of others simply because they THINK the other person has no involvement in the sport themselves or at least wish to portray their own involvement as more than it is.

Interesting though that the first thing that some can think of as a response, is to be negative and to link that negativity to a rather facile attempt to link persons who do not have a cheery view of CC to employment with the IRL.

Right....I didn't say that, I'm not saying you because you post negative CC stuff all the time is from somewhere and others I wasn't naming no names. But there is a member from IMS here who always posts negative CC news. Not saying who he is but to attack mountainstar as Stradlin did with calling him arrogant, and a snob etc is just plain out wrong and can't see what it contributes to this CDW/RuSPORT thread. that is all.

Last edited by luke; 21 Oct 2007 at 10:45.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 11:33 (Ref:2046017)   #62
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
No I'm not a snob. I just tell it like it is.

Get the violins out.

no mate, you are!

Either way, there isn't much point in alot of us being here according to your posts!

Old 21 Oct 2007, 12:24 (Ref:2046047)   #63
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why lower yourself to name calling, Stradlin ?

I would hope the moderators take a look at this.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 13:19 (Ref:2046094)   #64
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Oh man!

Whats the point?

Last edited by stradlin21; 21 Oct 2007 at 13:25.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 13:33 (Ref:2046099)   #65
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:

There is also people here John that like to stir things up and get people into trouble

I'm not involved in motorsport but does that mean that my opinion is not valid? Does that mean i'm clueless?

According to some people then yes! But i'm not bothered about that

I call what I see straight down the middle, whether it's the IRL or Champ Car, that's all I like to do.

If I think there is negative things going on in the IRL I will say so, if I think there is negative things going on in Champ Car I will say so. I'm not blind to the problems of either series but I do have clear support for one of them, but so does everyone else here!

I'm sure that we can all get along, after all, one day, i'm sure that both these series will be back together again........however that might happen....
Old 21 Oct 2007, 13:58 (Ref:2046116)   #66
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

There is a big difference between working for the IRL, Champcar, ALMS or Grand AM and posting on forums and being paid to troll Champcar forums by the IMS as indycool is being paid to do.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:17 (Ref:2046127)   #67
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
[QUOTE=emjaya]There is a big difference between working for the IRL, Champcar, ALMS or Grand AM and posting on forums and being paid to troll Champcar forums by the IMS as indycool is being paid to do.[/QUOTE

Because no Champ Car fans troll IRL forums do they?!

Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:36 (Ref:2046140)   #68
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
To be honest, as marcus would tell you, I am an equal opportunity realist. I call it as I see it and then discuss from there. That is what a forum is all about.

Personally, I have neither the time nor the inclination to try to "out" anyone. Someone makes a point, fair enough, then I may/may not counter that.

One of the reasons why I post here rather than some other fora where personal attacks seem to be Numero Uno in their FAQs is because everyone here gets a fair shot - the mods do a pretty good job of ferreting out the trolls. Besides, should where someone works determine whether they can post or not?

To me, the "threat" from those paid to troll is greatest at the fora where the viewpoint is ardently pro one side or the other. I don't see that happening here.

That said, invalidating what someone else says because they are perceived not to be motorsport savvy or because of one's own inflated notion of where they stand "in the business" is essentially crap.

I am not a chef, but I know a good meal when I have one. Same goes for racing. I may not be a Team Principle, but I know when I see something that doesn't add up.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 14:48 (Ref:2046155)   #69
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya
There is a big difference between working for the IRL, Champcar, ALMS or Grand AM and posting on forums and being paid to troll Champcar forums by the IMS as indycool is being paid to do.
Oh DRT look!

Someone called someone else a name!

Are you going inform the mods about this as well?

Nice post John, I just wish more people saw it your way...
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:55 (Ref:2046490)   #70
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:

I call what I see straight down the middle, whether it's the IRL or Champ Car, that's all I like to do.
Yes I remember when you said you can't wait to see CC die. Please don't make me laugh!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 17:57 (Ref:2046493)   #71
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:

Because no Champ Car fans troll IRL forums do they?!

There's none at Ten tenths.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:16 (Ref:2046546)   #72
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Yes I remember when you said you can't wait to see CC die. Please don't make me laugh!
How does that mean I don't call things down the middle Luke?

I want to see Bradford Bulls lose at Rugby League every week because I am a Leeds Rhinos fan but I can still call their games down the middle

As usual Luke, your comments make no sense
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:18 (Ref:2046553)   #73
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
There's none at Ten tenths.

And you know that for sure Luke?

And you also know for sure that there is people paid to troll champ car forums?

Funny how you think it can only work one way isn't it

Best take those rose tinted specs off mate
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:31 (Ref:2046593)   #74
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
And you know that for sure Luke?

And you also know for sure that there is people paid to troll champ car forums?

Funny how you think it can only work one way isn't it

Best take those rose tinted specs off mate
I didn't said anyone is paid, although I know where people are on this forum and it isn't as black and white as it looks.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 18:34 (Ref:2046604)   #75
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
How does that mean I don't call things down the middle Luke?
Because you have never posted anything positive about CC and you have said multiple times you hope this series dies. I must be crazy to think you call things down the middle....

Quote:
As usual Luke, your comments make no sense
Right and I guess what you said above does? I need to a glass....of...