Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jun 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3914485)   #3951
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Only just seen this having been down the cost a few miles all day. Happy Birthday baub I'm raising a glass of sangria while I type this. Cheers from someone 10 years younger !!!
Many thanks for your greetings chaps, I have had a really nice day .. well mostly.
For lunch I put on my best suit and joined the down-and-outs at the Sally Ann soup kitchen, I fitted right in. After that I sat in park intending to leer at all of the young ladies out jogging in tight fitting lycra, unfortunately I fell asleep, and it was quite late when I woke up. Then I found some blighter had nicked me Zimmer frame, and the bacon sarnie I had saved from the soup kitchen for my tea. Luckily I had my bus pass so managed to be home before it got dark, and was able to get the key in the lock, otherwise I could have been on the doorstep all night.
Still I settled down with a copy of Monday's Mirror I had found in a rubbish bin, and with a cup of cocoa and a rich tea biscuit had a wonderful evening, and even managed to see the start of the 10.0 clock news before I nodded off again. I am going to put my pyjamas on now and retire for the night.

Night, night everyone. and thanks again, you are a great bunch.

Bauble,
Old 27 Jun 2019, 19:55 (Ref:3914487)   #3952
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Cocoa and a rich tea bicky! You certainly live the high life, baub.....

Sleep well.
Old 27 Jun 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3914489)   #3953
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cocoa and Rich Tea .

Glad you had a good day Bob.
Old 27 Jun 2019, 20:52 (Ref:3914491)   #3954
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No words needed for this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmuZl29F2_A
Old 27 Jun 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3914497)   #3955
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post

Interesting in a number of ways.

The following suggestion was a fastest lap video form Paul Ricard earlier in the year.

Looked like a couple of places where he might have lost a few tenths but in general the way he just reached tyre squeal point on most corners and balanced it there very much appealed to me.
Old 27 Jun 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3914498)   #3956
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Playing catch-up from the Spa paddock - Happy Birthday Bob, even though you won't read this until tomorrow morning.
And a belated HB for Peter, too !
Old 27 Jun 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3914506)   #3957
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oops. Missed giving my own felicitations to Bauble. Happy birthday Bob!

Wow there's an coincidence. When I type Bob on my phone, the automatically suggested next word is Tullius. A real blast from the past!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jun 2019, 22:49 (Ref:3914509)   #3958
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Max if i'm right your phone still shows # 44, right?
Old 28 Jun 2019, 04:33 (Ref:3914541)   #3959
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Max if I'm right your phone still shows # 44, right?
Clever!
Old 28 Jun 2019, 05:29 (Ref:3914543)   #3960
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That video of the Cobra Daytona Coupe fire made the tabloids a few days ago, and true to form the Mirror managed to spell Donington with two ‘n’ s- four times......

The positive- All good advertising for the car owner’s business!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other...e-car-17223348
Old 28 Jun 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3914556)   #3961
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That video of the Cobra Daytona Coupe fire made the tabloids a few days ago, and true to form the Mirror managed to spell Donington with two ‘n’ s- four times......

The positive- All good advertising for the car owner’s business!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other...e-car-17223348
Its quite amusing seeing all of his other videos (all of which I have watched more than once) having only a hundred or so views and then as its got 'Fire ' in the video it gets over 200k views.Crazy.
Old 28 Jun 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3914566)   #3962
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Watching some of the European games on the box I was amazed at this Polish table tennis player https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Partyka who is playing at the top level. She made me feel quite inadequate as this is not the Paralympic games !!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Jun 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3914580)   #3963
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, what a cracking version of "avoir le feu aux fesses"! Juts hope the driver has not been punished for overtaking the SC tho…
Old 28 Jun 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3914581)   #3964
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Mike, what a cracking version of "avoir le feu aux fesses"! Juts hope the driver has not been punished for overtaking the SC tho…

One occasion when overtaking the SC probably acceptable!
Old 28 Jun 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3914586)   #3965
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
You mean recommended! What a nice car and what a clever driver going fast to the pits and stopping near the fire brigade. He manages to explain why he's overtaking to the SC driver.Wonderful example of self control. Congrats!
Old 28 Jun 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3914587)   #3966
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

One occasion when overtaking the SC probably acceptable!

I wonder if the SC managed to somehow forewarn race control and thus the fire crew? There was no obvious sign of them around the fire truck when he stopped but they might have been preparing the extinguishers.

Looked like he stayed with the track limits too ...!
Old 28 Jun 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3914600)   #3967
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
A driver with huge experience who used that and his head, rather than panic! Bit different to Dijon recently, where a Lotus 47 drove into the pit lane with flames leaping from the engine compartment. Drives all the way down to where his crew are flagging and parks outside someone’s box! Then gets out and stares at the flames..... Never even tries the on board extinguisher. Luckily a couple of guys from other teams grabbed extinguishers from inside the boxes and put the fire out.

In the Donington fire, as it was in the diff area I doubt if the on board would have been any use. Most outlets are by regulation in the engine compartment and driver footwells......
Old 28 Jun 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3914633)   #3968
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was there in that race and he was not punished. It was the last lap of the safety car too.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 05:48 (Ref:3914718)   #3969
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
As mainland Europe attempts to cope with record temperatures, are we ready for our one day of heat? It will make a change here if I don’t have to wear a fleece when venturing out, like in the last few days......
Old 29 Jun 2019, 07:00 (Ref:3914720)   #3970
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
As mainland Europe attempts to cope with record temperatures, are we ready for our one day of heat? It will make a change here if I don’t have to wear a fleece when venturing out, like in the last few days......
I've just stopped wearing my thermal vest down here as it was 40c during the day and 30c at night indoors, none of this mamby pamby aircon for me !. We went to Baza last week to have a swim in the thermal pool as the 39c of the water was considerably warmer than ours, and being OAPs we can't afford to heat it
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Jun 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3914723)   #3971
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Years ago I got asked to do some tyre testing at Donington. Goodness knows why they asked me . Anyway car caught fire so I drove past pits around the first right hander and staightvto marshals post . Jumped out and they were no exstinguusers . Me and Marshall’s were jumping up and down getting next marshal post to run up . It was only an electrical fire so no real damage .,
Old 29 Jun 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3914730)   #3972
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If my memory serves well part of the marshal exam was to be able to run at least 50 meters with a FE in hands. Easier with the stuff on wheels. One of my ex team mate used to work for Sicli or Rot he always said that we should chose which type of device to be used depending on the fire, electric or gazoline. Easy to say… before it starts!
Old 29 Jun 2019, 07:42 (Ref:3914735)   #3973
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If my memory serves well part of the marshal exam was to be able to run at least 50 meters with a FE in hands. Easier with the stuff on wheels. One of my ex team mate used to work for Sicli or Rot he always said that we should chose which type of device to be used depending on the fire, electric or gazoline. Easy to say… before it starts!
Dangerous business this motor racing.
Old 29 Jun 2019, 07:49 (Ref:3914736)   #3974
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I remember doing a 500k saloon car race at Donington once and during a re-fuelling pitstop one of the cars (BMW M3 I think) had a spillage which must have hit tye hot exhaust and caught fire! A poor lone marshal ran down the pit lane with his extinguisher but by the time he got there was out of breath and the team in the next garage had already put the fire out!
Old 29 Jun 2019, 08:39 (Ref:3914737)   #3975
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Dangerous business this motor racing.
You laugh, Bob, you laugh! In your wonderful collection may be you have pics from F1 drivers smoking a cigarette during fuel stop back in the 50/60's. Those were the days!
PS From the video you posted, I see even Fangio was driving on the white lanes…*What a clean racing.