Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Sep 2019, 04:12 (Ref:3928781)   #31
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the 10-year thing be in reference to pressure-testing the cylinder? Which may cost more than replacing it.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 06:47 (Ref:3928803)   #32
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
Would the 10-year thing be in reference to pressure-testing the cylinder? Which may cost more than replacing it.
The MSA /MUK consider that the 10 year life is a purely commercial decision by Lifeline and not a technical requirement at all.
Old 19 Sep 2019, 17:32 (Ref:3928916)   #33
Pete Shepherd
Rookie

England
Great Bentley - Essex
Pete Shepherd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all the replies, I'm not intending to race in europe at any point soon so my extinguisher should be fine for a while as long as I keep it serviced.

In reference to the transponder I've spoken to one of the Equipe organisers and I'll be hiring for the race in October then hopefully investing in my own in the new year.

On another note, how do I add my Avatar? I can't find it in my profile settings.

Pete
Old 7 Oct 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3932473)   #34
Pete Shepherd
Rookie

England
Great Bentley - Essex
Pete Shepherd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I made it through Scrutineering, completed practice and was delighted not to be the slowest out there! Unfortunately the race was a bit of a non event as at the start of lap 2 there was a biggish accident involving 2 cars which brought out the safety car for at least 15 minutes, during this period my Sprite developed a misfire and I pulled in to retire. I did manage an overtake on lap 1 though and thoroughly enjoyed practice and can't wait to go again.
Old 7 Oct 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3932477)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Shepherd View Post
Thanks for all the replies, I'm not intending to race in europe at any point soon so my extinguisher should be fine for a while as long as I keep it serviced.

In reference to the transponder I've spoken to one of the Equipe organisers and I'll be hiring for the race in October then hopefully investing in my own in the new year.

On another note, how do I add my Avatar? I can't find it in my profile settings.

Pete
You can't have an avatar until you submit (I think) 100 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Shepherd View Post
I made it through Scrutineering, completed practice and was delighted not to be the slowest out there! Unfortunately the race was a bit of a non event as at the start of lap 2 there was a biggish accident involving 2 cars which brought out the safety car for at least 15 minutes, during this period my Sprite developed a misfire and I pulled in to retire. I did manage an overtake on lap 1 though and thoroughly enjoyed practice and can't wait to go again.
Well done, prepare to be seriously poor for the rest of your life!
Old 7 Oct 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3932510)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done! Prepare yourself to have one part of your life full of thrill, new friends and a lot of stories to hear and tell. Money? Lets say its a "great" and deserved investment!
Old 7 Oct 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3932547)   #37
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats on getting your first event under your belt......you did better than my first event - the (shared) car broke down in first few laps of qualifying before I managed to get any laps in the car, and we hadn't the part to fix it!.

It can only get better.