Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 May 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1309205)   #26
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All you Dutchies should be ashamed!

Maison Blanche is the place to be this year

( www.drinkingforholland.nl )
Old 24 May 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1309209)   #27
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're on MB this year, we'll have to pay you a visit
Old 25 May 2005, 01:29 (Ref:1309507)   #28
amdj
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
amdj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help

I know I'm being wildly optimistic, but having got a last minute chance to come to Le Mans for the 2nd time after 16 years I wasn't going to turn it down, however, does anyone know off any accommodation for 2 hardened race fans?
Old 25 May 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1309526)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdj
I know I'm being wildly optimistic, but having got a last minute chance to come to Le Mans for the 2nd time after 16 years I wasn't going to turn it down, however, does anyone know off any accommodation for 2 hardened race fans?
Check the Tickets and Accomodations thread : there's still Beausejour and Technoparc camping places available at ACO's desk. A phone call and one is yours. You'll get General entrance ticket at the gate (forget it for the grandstands).
Old 25 May 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1310201)   #30
amdj
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
amdj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately we are coming from NZ so won't be able to camp unless they provide tents etc...the car is looking more and more likely....thanks I'll try the accommodation thread...
Old 27 May 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1311528)   #31
Okkie
Rookie

Netherlands
Delft, 700 km from Le Mans
Okkie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We, 4 guys and a girl, will leave at tuesday midnight. We plan to arrive at 7 in the morning on wednesday. We stay untill monday, because otherwise we will fall asleep in the car on sunday.

We camp at beausejour. It is a long walk to the pits, but it is close to the porsche curve, which is spectacular (and illegal)
Last year, we had clean toilets and hot showers, which was for the first time. Before last year we stayed at Houx Annex, which got more dirty every minute.

Just 16 days to go

Okkie
Old 27 May 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1312061)   #32
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coming down Sunday with Smokie of Club Arnage and will be at MB til Wednesday and then up to Karting Nord to meet up with Jamie (who used to be here as Jay) and the two PR people for Creation Autosportif; going home Monday with Piglet and Co. Hoping very much to meet as many of you as I can while there! Will be doing some work with Creation and with Panoz, and hope to have other things lined up soon.
Old 2 Jun 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1318288)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tickets finally arrived this morning! Leonard Tribune and Parking Blanc.

Early flight to Nantes on Wednesday morning, Hotel close to circuit ( really miss the camping on Maison Blanche) until Monday, flight back to Gatwick Monday evening.
Old 3 Jun 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1319484)   #34
BillandLara
Racer

BillandLara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year we will be invading La Balle Patrie in two waves, on Wednesday Myself and John in Lara The Small Dark Green Pleasure Machine, Terry and David in Terry's Jag and another John in his Porker will land at Boulogne (Speederries willing) around noon.
On Thursday Stuart with Nick, Rob and Stretch in Rob's Audi shopping trolley by tunnel. Rather them than me I fear. See you all in the square at noon.

Old 5 Jun 2005, 22:45 (Ref:1320915)   #35
haggispeed
Racer

United Kingdom
near Oulton Park
haggispeed has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Me and the "team manager" are making our first visit this year, arriving Thurs pm till Monday then a few more days somewhere in the Loire, got a small motorhome so doing it in reasonable comfort. Really looking forward to it.
Is there a list of all the other "events" that happen posted anywhere, I heard they have a drivers parade in town on teh Friday night ?
I'm sure Aysedasi will know all this stuff straight off
Old 6 Jun 2005, 04:39 (Ref:1321039)   #36
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggispeed
Is there a list of all the other "events" that happen posted anywhere, I heard they have a drivers parade in town on teh Friday night ?
ACO posted it here handy informations and schedules for the whole two weeks.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1321080)   #37
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Craig, me and a couple of mates are driving down on Thursday and will be camping again at Arnage corner. Looking forward to see everyone and that first special sight of the grandstands which means it is June and I am back.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 07:31 (Ref:1321081)   #38
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
yes a drivers parade on the friday night, which has become one of my favourite parts of the week, seeing the drivers relaxed before the big day and chatting with the crowd. worth going if only to realise you would never ever see f1 drivers doing anything similar.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1321228)   #39
Alistair_Ryder
Rookie

Alistair_Ryder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My father, mate and I will be departing from t'north and heading for the 11:15 Speed Ferries on Thurs. 16th, arriving at Club Motorsport campsite some hours later (yes we're not hard-core enough for MB...yet), go back on the Monday ferry at about 9pm

Quote:

haggiespeed
The drivers parade is a brilliant spectacle in itself, last year we managed to be opposite rather a large group of purple wearing TVR Fans who made every car that went by, perform various revving and wheels spins, including 2 Enzo's, TVR's of course and even an E Type Jag attempted it...maybe stick around in Le Mans Town Centre friday night as well, it does get rather funny!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1321264)   #40
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
The drivers parade is a brilliant spectacle in itself, last year we managed to be opposite rather a large group of purple wearing TVR Fans who made every car that went by, perform various revving and wheels spins, including 2 Enzo's, TVR's of course and even an E Type Jag attempted it...maybe stick around in Le Mans Town Centre friday night as well, it does get rather funny![/QUOTE]
I have never made it to this. Where and when can you get buses from the circuit and vice versa to return?
Old 7 Jun 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1322724)   #41
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be driving down to Portsmouth in the early hours of Thursday with big Pete in my dark green Alfa 156 to catch the 8:30 crossing to Caen. Hoping to get to Houx campsite (via a hypermarket) by around 5:30 to meet Martin, Linda & Liam who've been down south for the week in their white 2.8 Capri Tickford look-a-like.

I just can't wait......