Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 Apr 2004, 09:30 (Ref:932018)   #1
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
HSCC Donington Sunday 11th April

This is a message for all those coming to the HSCC meeting at Donington on Sunday.
I'm hoping to meet some, if not all of you, during the course of the day but, in case I don't, I'd like to take this opportunity, firstly to say 'thank you' in advance and secondly to let you know briefly, what I shall be telling the drivers regarding safety and what steps we'll be taking to RUN TO TIME! We have a tight (but achievable) timetable and I'm determined that we will stick to it as far as possible.
SAFETY. We no longer have the Black & Yellow Quartered flag but, obviously, we need to avoid race stops if at all possible. The ability to clear an incident safely, without a red flag, will depend on drivers SLOWING DOWN under yellow flags - and that doesn't mean a 'quick lift off the thottle' Drivers who don't obey the 'Blue Book' definitions of slowing down under 'yellows' WILL be dealt with! However, we need clear unambiguous reports from observers and flags to 'make it stick'. We'll always try and give you feedback on actions taken on your reports but if we get distracted, please feel free to ask what has happened. If we have to red flag a race because an incident could not cleared due to general 'not slowing down' we shall look for ways not to offer a restart for that particular race!
RUNNING TO TIME. Drivers will be told, in no uncertain terms, that they must be at the right place at the right time - we're not going to compromise the timetable for individuals who don't read their 'finals' or get their act together. We will start practice sessions and races up to 10 mins early if we can. We will not send out recovery vehicles, course cars etc. between sessions/races unless neccessary. We will try and grid up races while the previous race is being 'cleared'. We may leave damaged/broken cars out on circuit, IN A PLACE OF SAFETY, rather than screw the timetable with a long, complex recovery.
BAD WEATHER. The last 2 meetings at Donington have had particularly bad weather. We will stop, if the weather gets 'silly' and give everyone outside the opportunity to get some shelter.
FINALLY - If there's anything that you think we can do better, from your point of view, TELL US. We don't know all the answers - I don't even know some of the questions!
Keep safe, have fun & see you all Sunday. Pleas pass this on to those not on Ten Tenths.