Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Sep 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1097548)   #1
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracsport Race To Dream Result With Perfect Weekend At Spa

For Immediate Release
Press Contact: Rebecca Appleton
E-Mail: press@tracsport.com

Tracsport claimed a dream result in the fourth and final round of the inaugural Le Mans Endurance Series at Spa Francorchamps last weekend, taking fourth in class on track and securing third overall in the LMP2 standings.

The No Fear/ Man Financial Group/ DMIPI/ Carlube-backed Lola started the race sixth in class and twenty-first overall after two action-packed qualifying sessions.

< snip >

Quotes

< snip >

Rick Pearson: “I was out third as usual but my stint was immediately interrupted for a Safety Car whilst they removed Patrick Pearce from the wreckage of the Dallara. It was a sobering start to what turned into a marathon 1h40 stint behind the wheel.

I had a very good run when the safety car pitted, lapping consistently quicker than I had in qualifying and feeling easy when the Safety Car came out again after the Nasamax accident. Having worked hard to save fuel during the earlier Safety Car period, I had no need to pit and was at the front of the queue by the time the race was restarted. I managed to get the jump on the rest of the field and led them all into Eau Rouge which was a fabulous feeling! The only problem I had was with the car's tyres after a long stint and my muscles getting cold during the extended Safety Car periods. It was a totally reliable run from the Lola and a perfect performance by the team with no off-circuit excursions.

All in all a fantastic end to Tracsport’s first year in the top flight with three incredibly evenly matched drivers who were able to produce the lap times demanded of them at absolutely the right moment. John Ingram drove particularly well and set the fastest lap of the weekend to break the challenge of the #99 car in the middle of his stint despite never having seen Spa before.”

remainder here:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...FS=ALMS-LEMANS

edited to shorten and point to another source for the release. Thanks, cool_runnings8. - p-c

Last edited by paul-collins; 16 Sep 2004 at 13:22.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 09:46 (Ref:1098014)   #2
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
your fine effort did not go unnoticed...iloved the sight of the Yellow leading the pack...
Old 16 Sep 2004, 17:26 (Ref:1098518)   #3
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way: who was in the car at the final lap and radioing the crew he ran out of fuel at bus-stop?

Never seen so wide open eyes it your pit this weekend..

Last edited by GT-Eins; 16 Sep 2004 at 17:27.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 18:36 (Ref:1098581)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh that was John Gaw having a bit of a joke - you should have seen John Ingram's face - he was desolate until it was yelled to him that it was a joke...

And great for Rick to lead the charge up Eau Rouge

excellent weekend out there - had a great time.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 22:17 (Ref:1098801)   #5
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the drivers of the team keen to come back in 2005?
The team principal (forgot his name) wants to, but couldn´t tell me details about the car - except that it would be a LMP2 again.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 20:50 (Ref:1099710)   #6
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many congratulations to Tracsport for their fine performance in the LMES this year. Considering that it's a virgin year the achievement is rather special.

I was in the garage with about half an hour to run talking to John Ingram, nice chap might I add. The atomsphere was ELECTRIC.

Well done lads. Big things are expected from you next year.

PRF (Paul)
Old 20 Sep 2004, 06:44 (Ref:1101629)   #7
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THank for the support guys... we're intending to be back next year, in LMP2... but the rest of the details are up in the air at the moment... although I guess it's not a secret that if we could find the funding to run the new Lola that would be the dream solution although that is probably dependant on getting a Le Mans entry to attract the sponsors.
Cheers Rick
Old 20 Sep 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1101692)   #8
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi rick,
time and obligations permitting i´d be glad to help ánd support your efforts .unfortunatelly ,I have no new lola
ordered yet...but could imagine you could make good use
of some weekend worriors ,especially if going to LM...
All the best and we all keep our fingers crossed that after Autosport ,the ACO will not forget or go unawares what you achieved with what you had at your disposal..and get that entry.you well deserve a competitive car to show
what can be done.The B2k is surely a nice car and could well be developed further but of course you´d never be able to challenge the Courage ...at least in predictable conditons.