Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 7 Mar 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1539757)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT4 Drifting

I tried a bit of drifting in GT4 with the HKS Silvia, and it takes a while to get the hang of it! Is there a certain technique to this, I have been trying some scandanavian flicks to get more slides, but thats all.
Old 7 Mar 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1539813)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've found the best (ie most fun) car to do this in is the 4WD VW Golf that you can buy in the Tuners section.
Buy the biggest HP upgrades, slap on some slippery rear tyres, set it up for max power distribution on the rear, and let it rip!
Old 7 Mar 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1539912)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found it quite easy to do this without even trying, in the big block V8, classic American Muscle Cars.
Old 8 Mar 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1540294)   #4
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found that one of the Renault Clios is very good at drifting. Probably as a result of my total lack of control
Old 8 Mar 2006, 15:13 (Ref:1540362)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
I found it quite easy to do this without even trying, in the big block V8, classic American Muscle Cars.
Turn off the driving aids with an unmodified Plymouth Super Bird and it's a lot easier to go sideways than in a straightline. Bizarrely once you get the hang of it you can get some pretty decent laptimes (relatively speaking) out of it.
Old 8 Mar 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1540520)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The D1 Drift Cars are good
Old 9 Mar 2006, 03:12 (Ref:1540887)   #7
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now uve come into what i really like in gt4, use n2 tires, and set up the suspension just right, if u want a set up i can send u one for the silvia, but usually i just use it in arcade with comfort tires, same with the er34, i found the best is he Rx-7 Spirit R type A and mod it up, if u want any set ups tell me for any car, ill go try it if its FR and resonable, that goes for anyone on here
Old 29 Jul 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1667201)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross427
i found the best is he Rx-7 Spirit R type A and mod it up
I have just deleted my GT4 Profile and started again and I drove that car, and I thought it was so good I bought it, I have a few mods on it and run it with no Aids, do you have any set-ups for it, I hav'nt got alot of money just now, about 20 odd cr. However, I am going to run the Japan road car series and then run in the JGTC and get some money and then sell My two Nissan Z's that you win in these series, that should get me around 800 to 900,000 cr.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1667203)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
And how do you transfer replays to a computer?
Old 3 Aug 2006, 13:51 (Ref:1672153)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
The HKS S15 and Blitz ER34 are relativley Garbage compared tot he S2000 I came up with, 393bhp, and a crazy setup so it maxxes out at 140mph.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1780368)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I found a great set up for a Toyota Corrola GT-Apex Levin '83 in the GTP Forums.

You need the best of everything, max HP, Variable LSD, racing suspension, Original turbine kit (HKS Tuning) stage 3 weight reducton, roll cage, medium/superhard racing tyres...etc

::SETUP::

Brake Balance - 3/15
Spring Rate - 12/12
Ride Height - 99/99
Bounce Side - 6/6
Rebound Side - 8/8
Camber - 4/2
Stabilisers - 5/4
Transmition - Auto Setting 10
LSD - 10/50/20
Tyres -
Style Drift -- Med/Superhard
Racing Drift -- Med/Hard

Hope you enjoy, if you have that car! The car is very cheap in used cars, and remember to change your oil as soon as you get it! Oh, and NOS helps mid drift as the car doesnt have alot of power. Remember, when drifting, delicate controls, tap the NOS and Have fun!
Old 2 Dec 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1780373)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Racing tyres automatically mean that the setup fails. Try drifting on the Economy/Comfort/Road tyres, if you can do that, then your good.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1780375)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I usually use those tyres that you mentioned, but I was just gpoing with the setup there, I might tweak it a bit.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1780376)   #14
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Dont go by other peoples setups, you should create some based upon your own driving style. Me, for example HATES when the car starts to slide as soon as you start to turn it, I like to force the cars into slides.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1780378)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I did try out lots of setups to see which one suited my style, this did, I just couldnt find a good setup originally, so I searched on the net for one, and tweaked it slightly. I love the car to slide as soon as it goes in. I go to the outside, flick the car in, and do all the throttle and steering bits.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1780498)   #16
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I tweaked a GTP Forums RUF BTR setup, and wow! You really have to work to stop it understeering on tight corners. It has also taught me that using the handbrake is a good idea... And I like doing Dirt Drop Drifts with it, Especially on double apex corners...ooh, baby. And turn 1 at trial mountain is Difficult to drift, but I finnally mastered it! You need to faint very early, before the Gran Turismo Banner, then hit the ebrake, Flick it into the apex, accelerate, countersteer, then link the drift into the next corner, getting the Left Rear on the dirt for some style, then Power Over into turn 3.... magical stuff.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 04:37 (Ref:1781289)   #17
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
below i have posted my GT4 drift videos enjoy
Part 1
Click here to see Video

Part 2
Click here to see Video

my game just sh!ted on me again, so im rebuildin, AGAIN. i only have two drift cars, a S-15 Spec R and an AE86!!!!