Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4177286)   #6351
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
According to their website, CGR have expanded to include Kyffin Simpson in their driver line up.

https://chipganassiracing.com/news/c...mpson-on-board
I think he meant more in the zero rumors or hints at that move than specifically a source
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4177287)   #6352
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
According to their website, CGR have expanded to include Kyffin Simpson in their driver line up.

https://chipganassiracing.com/news/c...mpson-on-board
I didn't mean litterally, i meant it was so unexpected that it left me questioning how/why?

But I didn't realize his family owns Ridgeline lubricants who has been a Ganassi sponsor.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:30 (Ref:4177289)   #6353
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I didn't mean litterally, i meant it was so unexpected that it left me questioning how/why?

But I didn't realize his family owns Ridgeline lubricants who has been a Ganassi sponsor.
Asked and answered right there
Old 19 Sep 2023, 18:01 (Ref:4177468)   #6354
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Askew and Rasmussen are testing at Barber for ECR. One of them will take the 20 seat and possibly the other will run street courses in Ed's car.

https://racer.com/2023/09/19/askew-r...list-for-2024/
Old 19 Sep 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4177485)   #6355
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Where did this come from??? I didn't expect Ganassi to add another car, but then to pick Kyffin seems like it came out of nowhere?
The ride came of of his family's pockets.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 22:32 (Ref:4177508)   #6356
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He's been heavily rumoured as being groomed for 2025, but this is a surprise, regardless of the money.
10th in NXT doesn't inspire any sort of confidence, seems a waste of a seat, unless he's paying enough to cover Armstrong and Lundqvist?
Old 20 Sep 2023, 11:49 (Ref:4177555)   #6357
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Given Ridgeline was already on the cars I would say they were paying plenty already and this is for that involvement
Old 22 Sep 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4177815)   #6358
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Texas race is in jeopardy.

Nascar decided to move their Cup race from September to April, close to the Cup race at Austin (which is promoted by SMI).

June is unlikely because of Detroit, Road America and the Le Mans break.

July and September is already booked, and early August is blocked because of the Olympics.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4177819)   #6359
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Texas race is in jeopardy.

Nascar decided to move their Cup race from September to April, close to the Cup race at Austin (which is promoted by SMI).

June is unlikely because of Detroit, Road America and the Le Mans break.

July and September is already booked, and early August is blocked because of the Olympics.

There's more on this here.

https://eu.indystar.com/story/sports...h/70902652007/
Old 22 Sep 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4177821)   #6360
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Could you summary for those of those that don’t subscribe to the Indy Star?
Old 22 Sep 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4177823)   #6361
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post

I don't have a subscription to IndyStar but I am able to access the article.

However, if you can't read it, give me a moment or two to re-read it, as it is quite indepth and I'll make an attempt to summarise.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4177828)   #6362
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post

To summarise, there are two reasons. Firstly NASCAR is eyeing March 24 for its race at Circuit of the Americas, which is promoted by TMS and therefore would like the race at TMS to follow. However, the date they have chosen is April 7, the first Sunday after Easter and the same day the IndyCar race was to be held.

Secondly NASCAR want to move TMS out of the play off races, because the play off race weekend conflicts with Dallas Cowboys home games.

IndyCar extended their contract with TMS in a multi-year deal last, when they unveiled their 2023 schedule last autumn/fall. Initially TMS have come back with an alternate date in September but IndyStar haven't disclosed that.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4177847)   #6363
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
And it appears McLaren still have some decisions to make regarding a satellite team:

https://racer.com/2023/09/22/arrow-m...iance-options/
Old 23 Sep 2023, 13:10 (Ref:4177904)   #6364
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
To summarise, there are two reasons. Firstly NASCAR is eyeing March 24 for its race at Circuit of the Americas, which is promoted by TMS and therefore would like the race at TMS to follow. However, the date they have chosen is April 7, the first Sunday after Easter and the same day the IndyCar race was to be held.

Secondly NASCAR want to move TMS out of the play off races, because the play off race weekend conflicts with Dallas Cowboys home games.

IndyCar extended their contract with TMS in a multi-year deal last, when they unveiled their 2023 schedule last autumn/fall. Initially TMS have come back with an alternate date in September but IndyStar haven't disclosed that.

Thanks! Racer now has a similar story out.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 14:01 (Ref:4178282)   #6365
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Schedule is out and Robin Miller has pulled some strings

https://racer.com/2023/09/25/milwauk...2024-schedule/

Texas is out, Milwaukee back and gets a double header at the end of the season before Nashville

Last edited by broadrun96; 25 Sep 2023 at 14:18.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4178287)   #6366
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for this, all in the diary.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4178286)   #6367
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A shame about TMS not happening but the return of The Milwaukee Mile and with a double-header sort of makes up for it. If TMS had been there, it would have been another oval on the calendar. Maybe in 2025.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 14:30 (Ref:4178288)   #6368
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I won't make my feelings about Texas known here again but I'm curious the reasons. Comments in the article lean towards too close to NASCAR date? I'm in favor of Milwaukee over Texas anyways.

Nashville for the finale? Interesting!! That should be week 1 for the NFL, but the new course / layout won't include Nissan Stadium anyways:

Maybe it won't be miserably hot....
Old 25 Sep 2023, 14:37 (Ref:4178290)   #6369
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I'd rather also have Texas and Termas, but this calendar is pretty good for fans.

Now teams will be exhausted by Road America.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4178296)   #6370
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reading twitter comments (i know, i know), seeing lots of comments of only one high speed oval. What does that really mean? Speeds at smaller ovals are pretty insane for these cars, so they (and me really) want 1.5 and over. I don't see IndyCar ever going back to Pocono or Atlanta after it's reconfiguration. Charlotte could do an oval / roval double header like Indy, maybe?

But for "high speed" ovals, what are the others out there that would be in consideration? Kentucky, Vegas, Kansas, Chicago, Nashville (which won't happen again until they stop racing in the streets), Homestead? I like the schedule but would love what they have plus a 3 more ovals.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 15:19 (Ref:4178298)   #6371
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
If TMS had been on the calendar along with Milwaukee, I would have been pretty happy with that. Considering where IndyCar is now, that would have been a good mix.
Old 26 Sep 2023, 00:11 (Ref:4178338)   #6372
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Reading twitter comments (i know, i know), seeing lots of comments of only one high speed oval. What does that really mean? Speeds at smaller ovals are pretty insane for these cars, so they (and me really) want 1.5 and over. I don't see IndyCar ever going back to Pocono or Atlanta after it's reconfiguration. Charlotte could do an oval / roval double header like Indy, maybe?

But for "high speed" ovals, what are the others out there that would be in consideration? Kentucky, Vegas, Kansas, Chicago, Nashville (which won't happen again until they stop racing in the streets), Homestead? I like the schedule but would love what they have plus a 3 more ovals.
I think the 1.5ers are done with Indy it seems through much of the options

Texas--well there are unsolvable issues with the stick-em and Nascar, start over and scrub the place clean and we can talk. Smoke still holds lap record
Pocono-DONE, needs to be demo'd and make her again better
Atlanta--yeah, think they're out with the new track and the speeds they could get on the size
Kentucky--some issues with the track previously but it appears they've fixed the weepers maybe, and they've finally moved the 70,000 SuperDutys from the track I think. Fun fact-Sarah Fischer owns the race lap record still
Nashville-could make the argument that the Nashville street race takes up some of their fans and think that's fair and street course brings more series
Chicago--seems to be done, their big event last was Motocross
Loudon-I would love to see it but there was some struggle with Smith and the city/previous owners and installing lights, and attendance was DUMPS last race I think
Vegas--well that has some sad history and I don't think Indy liked the results of the Weldon investigation
Kansas-would be interesting and the new surface could be good Indy racing, variable banking added after the last Indy race, slightly more than Iowa
Richmond-good return but doesn't feel like there's much interest from either side, knew a few folks in Va who would go for Indy but not Nascar
Homestead-well it should be the old coke/cigarette race at Tamiami but that time has past and better remembered than relived and was a SHORT hot history my dad's pilots used to go to. Track doesn't seem to interested and it's been a minute, and F1 has kinda taken the open wheel baton there for now

Also the elephant in the room of the deal they could get from SMI for Atlanta, Kentucky, Las Vegas, Charlotte, Loudon but they did support Texas and actually acted as some of the promoter. And ISC, well NASCAR now after it folded, owns Chicagoland, Kansas, Homestead and Richmond. Indy and Nascar are on reasonable terms again it seems and most of those actually removed seats in the last decade.

Apparently Charlotte and Loudon use PJ1 too, plus Michigan, Pocono and Phoenix but think those 3 are out

Last edited by broadrun96; 26 Sep 2023 at 00:22.
Old 26 Sep 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4178428)   #6373
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Save Nazareth!!
Old 26 Sep 2023, 18:27 (Ref:4178432)   #6374
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Kyle Kirkwood signs multi-year deal with Andretti Global, as they are now known.

https://racer.com/2023/09/26/kirkwoo...with-andretti/
Old 26 Sep 2023, 18:30 (Ref:4178433)   #6375
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
An interesting article from Marshall Pruett on NBC broadcasting the 2024 season.

https://racer.com/2023/09/25/indycar...dcast-package/