Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 29 Jan 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1212791)   #26
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's interesting Spud.
So you brake and accelerate with hand operated sliders or joystick type things then?

My dad and I were discussing whether Alex Zanardi actually gained anything from using hand controls, i.e. is it possible to control a car better using just your hands than with hands and feet. Not accusing you of any unfair advantage, but it is an interesting thought.
Old 29 Jan 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1212878)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Could be interesting for someone who doesn;t drive a car normally. Obviously, after driving for nearly 30 years, I'm conditioned to assume that pedals must be better - but it doesn't necessarily follow.....
Old 30 Jan 2005, 00:10 (Ref:1212885)   #28
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, my argument was that it would obstruct your wheel movement if you were twiddling buttons on the wheel to brake and accelerate, but then if Spud chooses that over pedals then maybe not.
I personally couldn't get on with doing that, so perhaps it would vary from person to person.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1213104)   #29
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They are analogue levers that you pull towards you. I just prefer them since I can't get my pedals into a position that is comfortable with my computer desk layout (plus they kept sliding around). I've been driving 7 years and if I could have the same layout as my road car I'd be a very happy bunny.

Here is a crude photoshop to demonstrate:

It's a double-edged sword. It's nice to have everything in one place, but it can be a problem on hairpins where you have to be all crossed up. At Monaco I quite often have to drive a few of the corners one-handed.

I don't know how advantageous this set up would be in the real-world of racing though. For the brakes a least you would have to quite significant hydraulic assistance. Also all the jolts and jars you would get wouldn't be easy either! I guess a side-by-side test would be the only way to find out.

Besides, isn't having the word Ferrari on your wheel distracting/disadvantageous enough? I bought it for function, not form.
Old 31 Jan 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1214027)   #30
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've got my wheel, it seems ok a little heavy and doesn't properly return to centre, but I'm still messing around with settings in Grand Prix 4. Does anyone have any tips on how it should be set up?
Old 13 Feb 2005, 03:39 (Ref:1224054)   #31
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With ACT-LABS discontinuing there rs shifter wheel with the h-pattern gearshift and pedal set with a clutch ( http://www.actlab.com/Products/race1.htm ) Does anyone know if there is one out there like it or if one is going to brought out?
Old 13 Feb 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1224157)   #32
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For my XBOX I have a Williams F1 steering wheel and pedals, I'm still rubbish, but I am getting better. Is there an adapter thing I can use to connect it to the PC?
Old 13 Feb 2005, 17:48 (Ref:1224464)   #33
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid i can only think of some of the more expensive kit like Frex for the PC for H shifters and clutch pedals.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1250751)   #34
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner
I'm afraid i can only think of some of the more expensive kit like Frex for the PC for H shifters and clutch pedals.
How much would it cost for a full set up of the wheel
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1250777)   #35
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whoa, those Frex wheels are gorgeous!
Why the hell am I wasting my time with a substandard Momo Force...

Have a look!
http://www.frex.com/gp

Last edited by ASCII Man; 13 Mar 2005 at 11:18.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1250880)   #36
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Or the ECCI controllers, which are designed to work with Logitech.

http://ecci6000.com/6000_wheel_01.htm
Old 13 Mar 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1250882)   #37
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well . frex is . but the price is

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Mar 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1251146)   #38
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yup...